PDA

View Full Version : BugMan = THE Man

DieselNuts
07-09-2008, 08:40 AM
So I installed an o/r x pipe on my Cobra 2 weekends ago but ended up with a pretty disgusting exhaust leak. The exhaust sounded good from the rear of the car, but from the front and side....well, my best description is an old 60's beat up farm truck. I was trying to think of someone who could help me out with this and it donged on me.....BugMan.

We wrote back and forth a couple times and through these PM's, he denied my offer for cash and for beer. Even though the fix took 20min. tops, I still feel that I owe him something.

BugMan, you have a great family, a beautiful plot of land, a kick ass collection of mustangs and all sorts of cool toys. Your hospitality is second to none. Thank you and Austin for your help. :cheers:

Elbow
07-09-2008, 08:42 AM
I agree he is AWESOME

yogi08
07-09-2008, 08:45 AM
bugman is an awesome guy, really nice and southern family too. i somehow expected to see a guy 100 pounds when i met him HAHA. id do business with bugman anyday of the week and refer anyone to him to do with mustangs.

DieselNuts
07-09-2008, 08:47 AM
id do business with bugman anyday of the week and refer anyone to him to do with mustangs.
I agree. Very stand up guy...Even though he likes to break your balls from time to time... :D

yogi08
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
haha thats forsure. he made me feel stupid quiet a few times hahahaha. coool guy, and i wish i had enough time when i came to pick up the monster truck to see all his land and animals. all i really got to see was the shop and a few of the mustangs.. oh and the tim allen trailor! :D

ShooterMcGavin
07-09-2008, 08:50 AM
So I installed an o/r x pipe on my Cobra 2 weekends ago but ended up with a pretty disgusting exhaust leak. The exhaust sounded good from the rear of the car, but from the front and side....well, my best description is an old 60's beat up farm truck. I was trying to think of someone who could help me out with this and it donged on me.....BugMan.

We wrote back and forth a couple times and through these PM's, he denied my offer for cash and for beer. Even though the fix took 20min. tops, I still feel that I owe him something.

BugMan, you have a great family, a beautiful plot of land, a kick ass collection of mustangs and all sorts of cool toys. Your hospitality is second to none. Thank you and Austin for your help. :cheers:
who is IT? and why did it DONG on you? cuz that really sounds pretty :gay: :D

IndianStig
07-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Reps for bugman if he posts. haha

WalkS
07-09-2008, 08:57 AM
yea bugman is the shiit and funny, i meet him at Macon national dragway one time he brought his fleet of mustangs out there.

DieselNuts
07-09-2008, 07:46 PM
yea bugman is the shiit and funny, i meet him at Macon national dragway one time he brought his fleet of mustangs out there.
he would need a few car haulers to bring his fleet. That man has way too many cars lol

antiv6
07-09-2008, 08:02 PM
ya bugman seemed really cool when i met him at bp, im jealous though my x pipe leaks like a ***** lol

Double_0_Rusty
07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Chris (Bugman) is a really stand-up guy, I have known him for awhile now on and off IA. He and his family are TEH awesome. His collection of cars is sick, and he just bought my 74 Celica a few weeks back. I could call him anytime if I needed help, and he'd be there.

DieselNuts
07-09-2008, 08:24 PM
ya bugman seemed really cool when i met him at bp, im jealous though my x pipe leaks like a ***** lol
lol....mine doesnt... :ninja:

antiv6
07-09-2008, 08:26 PM
my next midpipe wont:ninja:

DieselNuts
07-09-2008, 08:27 PM
droppin the trusty ole SLP? Whatcha goin with next?

antiv6
07-09-2008, 08:28 PM
something that wont scrape on damn near everything lol maybe magnaflow or something

redrumracer
07-09-2008, 08:32 PM
I agree he is an awesome and really great person, as well as the rest of his family. Although he does bust your balls, but its all in good fun.

now only if he had a fleet of chevy's instead :D :ninja:

DieselNuts
07-09-2008, 08:44 PM
something that wont scrape on damn near everything lol maybe magnaflow or something
So far I havent scraped on anything with my Bassani X. I know everyone has their preferences on the sound of X vs. H vs. Prochamber, but I am a fan of the 0/r X...

antiv6
07-09-2008, 08:48 PM
im a fan of passing emissions lol, next midpipe i buy wont make my car any louder either:D

DieselNuts
07-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Im passing emissions. MIL eliminator FTW!

Echonova
07-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Bugman tries to avoid me.:( :lmfao: But he is a stand-up guy.:goodjob:

redrumracer
07-09-2008, 10:20 PM
yea have yall been to the same meet yet, hell have yall even met yet?

Init2winit
07-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Exhaust flange gasket on the passenger side?

Crazy Asian
07-09-2008, 10:22 PM

I would too you freaking dirty ol man. Lol. Now I want to meet Bugman.

Echonova
07-09-2008, 10:26 PM
yea have yall been to the same meet yet, hell have yall even met yet?LOL, yeah. We finally met at the last one. He might have thought I wasn't coming, but then..... BAM!!!!! I rolled through, hopped out of the truck while it was still moving and ran to where he was before he could leave with the wife and kids.

MachNU
07-10-2008, 07:13 AM
lol now you see, why any mustang question comes up i just direct the person to PM bugman! his mustang knowledge is 2nd to none!

DieselNuts
07-10-2008, 07:33 AM
lol now you see, why any mustang question comes up i just direct the person to PM bugman! his mustang knowledge is 2nd to none!
Thats the truth. He was telling me that he rents out Carolina Dragway every Saturday after Thanksgiving...BugDay I think. I'll def. be going out there this year.

MachNU
07-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Thats the truth. He was telling me that he rents out Carolina Dragway every Saturday after Thanksgiving...BugDay I think. I'll def. be going out there this year.

same here!

yogi08
07-10-2008, 08:04 AM
me too! haha just kidding :) it would take me about 23 seconds for my truck to make it all the way down the 1/4 mile LOL! but maybe not if i put 31's on it.. hm. kidding.

end of story, bugman is THE man as the title says. he probably wouldnt even screw you over if you screwed him.

DieselNuts
07-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Exhaust flange gasket on the passenger side?
naw, it was on the driver side. the nuts werent tightened equally and one of them actually fell off :doh:

03RCode
07-10-2008, 12:43 PM
He helped me a while back with some questions about my battery shutoff switch. Great guy, very knowledgable. Every board needs more like him.

BUGMAN
07-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry fellas I just found this by searching my name to make sure I didn't forget to reply to a thread somewhere.

Nothing special here but we never mind lending a helping hand. It's all about helping each other when needed and that's what makes the world go roundy round.

Diesel it was great meeting you as well and we appreciate ya hanging around a bit and shooting some pool afterwards. Your welcome here anytime Sir.

who is IT? and why did it DONG on you? cuz that really sounds pretty :gay: :D

Nope not gay but willing to learn new things. Would you like to come by one night and give me a "hand"? ;)

Reps for bugman if he posts. haha

I do but not as much as some. Thanks for the reps! :D

Man that was a crappy day for all of us but the food was great! Thanks again for the hospitality and it was great hanging out with your crew. :cheers:

That was unexpected but sure glad we figured out who you were and it was good meeting you as well. Nice car! :eek:

Chris (Bugman) is a really stand-up guy, I have known him for awhile now on and off IA. He and his family are TEH awesome. His collection of cars is sick, and he just bought my 74 Celica a few weeks back. I could call him anytime if I needed help, and he'd be there.

Thanks man... The Celica has a new hood, trunk deck and engine ready to be dropped in. Hopefully be driving around in the next month or so. :doh:

I agree he is an awesome and really great person, as well as the rest of his family. Although he does bust your balls, but its all in good fun.

Thanks man, You know we always have a good time @ the Bugman Compound. :boobies:

Bugman tries to avoid me. But he is a stand-up guy.

Ha Ha that was kinda freaky for a while but good to have finally met ya! :bump:

Thanks a lot for the compliment but it was 95% trial and error my friend. :screwy:

He helped me a while back with some questions about my battery shutoff switch. Great guy, very knowledgeable. Every board needs more like him.

Thanks and anytime you need anything feel free to shoot me a PM or ride on out. :goodjob:

He rents out Carolina Dragway every Saturday after Thanksgiving...BugDay I think. I'll def. be going out there this year.

You can go to you tube or any of the movie hosts and search for bugday, bugman racing @ Carolina and plenty other mixed searches and see tons of video over the past several years.

We do this every year the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It started out kinda small but has turned into an awesome event with some of the best people you will ever meet racing and having a good time. If you want to see some good racing and meet some awesome people come out this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wkc2AV3dQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIgcLx9SNNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ZFlne_eWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPKc4dvWmdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_OCXzu9zqM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIDgKsqd8S8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAGTvkSoeMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcc7IsP604E