PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation on Paint Places

misut0
07-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Like the title says... wanting to repaint my car (had been sitting awhile, clearcoat gone, paint is spotty, a few dents need to be popped out, etc).

Need a good recommendation on a place that does a good job (will be getting a paint color different from factory paint that is on there), guarantees their work, and doesn't charge premium fees.

frostbyte
07-09-2008, 06:29 AM
lol good luck paint cost is up, jus like milk and eggs so all shops are runnin a lil high... there is this one guy on here im sure is gonna recomend one shop he always does but his buddies shop will quote u between $5ooo and $8ooo to repaint and color change.. lol to keep it resonable to todays rates ull prob need to find a mom and pop small shop. i can recomend a few... lol sorry my boss jus walked into the paint booth door.. lol moron

frostbyte
07-09-2008, 06:34 AM
east paulding collision
ask for eddie and tell him frost sent you.
678 901 6262
or
autotech
77o 613 oo72

SixSquared
07-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Like the title says... wanting to repaint my car (had been sitting awhile, clearcoat gone, paint is spotty, a few dents need to be popped out, etc).

Need a good recommendation on a place that does a good job (will be getting a paint color different from factory paint that is on there), guarantees their work, and doesn't charge premium fees.

Then go to Maaco.

Cheap paint is never good.
Good paint is never cheap.

Are you wanting a full color change? (IE Door jams, under trunk, engine bay, under hood)

Frostbyte is right... paint costs are up, which sucks... PM me with what color the car is and what color you want and I'll hit you back with a price.

G.C
07-09-2008, 09:55 AM
my dads friend can hook you up. its on buford hghway. i'll send you pm bout there number and name later. dont expect it to be 1g paintjob tho. they will tell you around 3-4. and what car is this for?

misut0
07-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Car is 93 MR2. And I'm planning on doing it later rather than sooner, but I'd like to go ahead and find a place. I want the best bang for my buck, really. A quality paint job that charges less than their competitors for the same quality. How about that?

frostbyte
07-09-2008, 10:20 AM
lol thats y i built a two car shop and a booth @ my house everythings gettin too expensive..
and no i cant do it, well i could but i only contract out to shops not wanting to mess with custom work. and im not a business so i dont take in work unless theyre friends or a shop. good paint cost and time does too so as far as a good job cheap? prob wont happen. unless u jus know someone

misut0
07-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Well maybe me and you will be friends in a month or two frost, lol.

frostbyte
07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
lmmfao lol damn yeah maybe lol
hi new buddy lol

AnthonyF
07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Best bang for your buck? DIY. Sand paper and spray paint. Your done.

-Ant.

frostbyte
07-09-2008, 01:56 PM
lol @ spray paint... lol
hey anthony i wanna move to vinings... lol
is there any body shops there?

AnthonyF
07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Haha, u said U have a wife...so I'd have to say Nay Nay.

I dunno. I barely know the area. I will be there soon.

-Ant.

frostbyte
07-09-2008, 02:25 PM
lol i gotta girl not a wife...
and work here sux... lol
i aint tryin to date you brah thats nasty and def not my cup of tea... lol

AnthonyF
07-09-2008, 02:36 PM
It's not that. I dont want my roommate(s) to be a couple.

-Ant.

frostbyte
07-09-2008, 02:49 PM
lol
well damn but no she wont be movin in with me where ever i move shes stayin home til shes done with college...
now hurry and slam that truck dangit

AnthonyF
07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
i forgot to add....

"unless you share, then you can"

600 bucks for a lowering kit. If you will help pay, im down for it.

-Ant.

slostang
07-09-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm getting my car professionally booth painted with all ppg products for $250.

frostbyte
07-09-2008, 03:02 PM
lol i dont know if she'd be down with that lol
and hmmm dont have any extra $$$ layin around sorry... lol

1moreaccord
07-09-2008, 04:40 PM
So if you get the cheapest macco job.. wut is gonna go bad and how soon?

misut0
07-09-2008, 04:45 PM
IMO maaco isn't paint...

Also if it's that much significantly cheaper (I sell paint for houses, yet I know nothing about automotive paint and techniques) I'll just keep it the factory paint color, just anything to make it shine again and be of decent quality. >.<

Also thanks for all of the responses so far.

CB7tuner
07-09-2008, 04:53 PM
IMO maaco isn't paint...

Maaco are individually owned, i personally know a MAACO that puts out some of the best paint jobs ive seen... its all about individual standards. But either way i get to paint my car for FREEEEEEE in school

misut0
07-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Everything I've heard or seen from maaco has been sub-par. I will admit that the cars that I have seen were done with Maaco's lower end jobs, not their higher end.

slostang
07-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Maaco are individually owned, i personally know a MAACO that puts out some of the best paint jobs ive seen... its all about individual standards. But either way i get to paint my car for FREEEEEEE in school

x2 its mostly about the guy behind the gun not the name on the shop.

and you still have to buy the paint kit though right?

CB7tuner
07-09-2008, 06:25 PM
and you still have to buy the paint kit though right?

yeah i have to pay $150 for everything.... sealer, flex-additive, paint (00 civic si blue), clear (all PPG as well). Oh and i gotta buy new bumpers

slostang
07-09-2008, 06:28 PM
yeah i have to pay $150 for everything.... sealer, flex-additive, paint (00 civic si blue), clear (all PPG as well). Oh and i gotta buy new bumpers

DAMN!!! I'm paying $250 for the full ppg high gloss kit. getting free labor, including the paint job, buffing, first wash & wax, and full detail.

frostbyte
07-09-2008, 08:00 PM
lol john at maaco in douglasville is a kickazz painter has done many an many of gorgeous make you wanna "lick the cars fresh paint" jobs but maaco in douglasville is also using ppg... so no sherwin williams crap like some. and they are individually owned and all can choose theyre own paint so dont let the name maaco scare you all the time.... just most of the time... lol

SixSquared
07-09-2008, 11:35 PM
So if you get the cheapest macco job.. wut is gonna go bad and how soon?

I'll take a picture of the mustang we have at my shop right now that has a maaco job on it... we literally peeled the paint off the entire driverside door and flaked it off the rear bumper... the whole car's about to just get an acid bath since we cant spray over the maaco paint... the prep is so bad that it would just peel right off and take our good paint with it. :2up: to Maaco!

Drummerboy
07-10-2008, 02:22 AM
haha i say follow Sovic, he seems to know somebody.

and anthony, does the fact that the front spoiler is 2 pieces bug you as much as it does me? On your truck i mean. I helped put one back on a friends truck and after that, i notice the seem on every one of those.

Drummerboy
07-10-2008, 02:25 AM
CB7, going blue?!

thats going to completely throw off the color scheme on your car.
but to each his own i guess.

frostbyte
07-10-2008, 06:36 AM
yeah alot of crappy paint jobs are due to bad prep. usually bad prep on bodywork causing the start of peeling or really bad pin holes... and some raw plastic bumpers are not cleaned proberly (in which some are coated in something that paint wont stick to). but this is more than a maaco problem this is a shop problem period and most of the time in small shops that dont encounter these issues as much as a comercial high volume shop would encounter strictly cause they do more work. theres also the point everyone wants perfect quaulity for 2 or 3 hundred bucks. u cant expect perfect for nothin. you can get a really god paint job for a grand but not 3bills anymore. even maaco base coat clear coat starts @ $11oo, with no add ons for chip repair ar anything. so next time u hear someone itchin bout the work to get a laugh ask wat they paid, lol personally save your self some money you do the prep work and before even that find a seasoned painter thats been sprayin for a long time then you go buy the paint and take it to him a seasoned painter will work more fore you if hes jus runnin a da over the car checkin for things missed instead of a half day of sanding and taping. anyways find a good painter @ a small shop (so ur car is not just a number) that will work with your budget and dont put your hopes high and realize ur gonna have a lil trash in the paint all shops do ok im tired lol

now for get all that and jus take that sumamahbitch to bucky :p lol everyone take they chit to bucky ok jus do it.....(hopin one day hell need help so i can move back to gwinnett lol)

LeX
07-10-2008, 07:56 AM
my body shop guy recommended this place a while ago if i wanted a cheap paint job that was decent. he said for the money it was good Can't think of anything else! I'm sure they have 'more expensive' options

Sprayglo does an ok job for cheap but they dont wetsand/buff at the end unless you pay a lot extra

Budget Auto Painting
4367 Buford Hwy
Atlanta, GA 30341 Map
(404) 325-4875

slostang
07-10-2008, 08:31 PM
CB7, going blue?!

I'm sure he's painting the rims too, trust me justin will make it hawt.

and jess I knows people... :ninja:

CB7tuner
07-10-2008, 08:42 PM
CB7, going blue?!

how so???? the red lips on my wheels will be color matched to the blue paint

DSM3_5
08-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Did you get it painted. Im needing some paint to but some of these pictures have me scared ****less You have pictures before and after.

Meso Teggy
11-03-2008, 07:43 AM
my dads friend can hook you up. its on buford hghway. i'll send you pm bout there number and name later. dont expect it to be 1g paintjob tho. they will tell you around 3-4. and what car is this for?
could i geta number for that store?