PDA

View Full Version : van owner's/mini van owners.. gas mileage??

0p7!mu5
07-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Yo got a question. Im headin to Orlando in 2wks for vacation with a lot of people and we are considering takin a van/minivan. Im tryin to get a good gage on how much gas is goin to be so I can get a ballpark estimate on how much we need to come up with to get there and back and Tampa for a week. Lookin at 4-5 fill ups. So if any of you has a van or have taken that trip lately how much did you spend on gas? kthx!

Psycho
07-09-2008, 12:12 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/usedmatrix/UsedMatrix

98strat
07-09-2008, 12:44 AM
My dad has a 2001 town and country with the 3.8L v6. All city with lots of stop and go he's in the 14.3 area. Highway its about 25-26mpg.

Echonova
07-09-2008, 08:13 AM
07 Quest. 28 hwy if you take it easy, 20-21 city.

kpc2593
07-09-2008, 02:47 PM
no need for 4-5 fillups man..my family owns a mini-van (toyota sienna 98')....we go to tampa almost every month and we leave atl with a full tank and there was no need for us to stop in between to get gas...of course when we left tampa we had to refill

0p7!mu5
07-09-2008, 07:31 PM
thanks for all the advice. I know there isnt a need but im expecting that 12 ppl between a van and a car that im going all over the place out there. remember im staying down in kissimmee for a week still gotta drive to orlando and tampa and possible cocoa beach and back.

stillaneon
07-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Time to make them pitch in for Gas!!

Jecht
07-09-2008, 09:03 PM
My parent's '97 Plymouth Voyager usually gets 25mpg highway running between Jacksonville and Atlanta.

Buttons
07-09-2008, 09:15 PM
My parent's '97 Plymouth Voyager usually gets 25mpg highway running between Jacksonville and Atlanta.

my dad was driving the same van and was getting 27 mpg in city. then again, he drives like a grandpa. he stays under the speed limit and slows down way before he has to stop, lol. i think on the highway, he gets about 30-32 mpg while going from Columbus to Destin. when i drive it, i get like 20 mpg in city.

0p7!mu5
07-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Time to make them pitch in for Gas!!

they have been trust me. This trip has been hella cheap from the get go. Thank god for timeshare.

Ended up getting a 2 bedroom villa (242 for the week) and two hotel rooms (242 and 348 since i didnt have another week from last year to use but got a discount) for like roughly $800 for the week for 10 people and two kids.

The spot is pretty nice too whirlpool tubs in the master bedrooms full kitchen and everything plus its pretty close to all the parks. Tampa just came up since I have some friends I grew up with in NJ that live out there and its only an hour drive.

Not to mention like 350 for a rental and 130 for a week long unlimited pass to universal orlando,islands of adventure and one of their water parks. I just told everyone like 200-250 (since origionally it was 6 of us then it grew so everyone afterward paid the extra 50 to get the van). And everyone had like 2 months easily to come up with this.:D

I might still have some time this year since my family hardly uses it and thinkin of goin skiing in Dec. for my birthday up in NC. Not sure yet depends on who all feels like going (IA roadtrip??) it'll probably be about the same maybe cheaper.:ninja:

0p7!mu5
07-09-2008, 09:59 PM
my dad was driving the same van and was getting 27 mpg in city. then again, he drives like a grandpa. he stays under the speed limit and slows down way before he has to stop, lol. i think on the highway, he gets about 30-32 mpg while going from Columbus to Destin. when i drive it, i get like 20 mpg in city.

That's not bad at all:bump:! Im just hoping enterprise doesnt give us some crappy one with bad gas milage. Im so used to driving a car out of town (unless im going to New Jersey with fam then its a 12 passenger van) that when we decided for the van I just kinda wanted to look into the average on gas just in case we hit that 5 mark in the next two weeks:lmfao:.

In any case Im really ready to just gtfo and take a vacation. Havent had a week off since January..:(

Buttons
07-09-2008, 10:15 PM
That's not bad at all:bump:! Im just hoping enterprise doesnt give us some crappy one with bad gas milage. Im so used to driving a car out of town (unless im going to New Jersey with fam then its a 12 passenger van) that when we decided for the van I just kinda wanted to look into the average on gas just in case we hit that 5 mark in the next two weeks:lmfao:.

In any case Im really ready to just gtfo and take a vacation. Havent had a week off since January..:(

as long as you aren't foot heavy, you should be fine gas wise in most vans. they have more power than the average car and what not. Like any car though, vans get really good gas mileage for the size, if you drive it right.

Ran
07-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Mazda5

Looks cool (for a van) and is actually pretty fun to drive. :)