PDA

View Full Version : moto insurance

DecoyOctopus
07-08-2008, 11:32 PM
im wokring on getting a bike but insurance is looking cloudy. ok i got a guy at my job that claims he pays 36 bucks a month to insure a 03 gsxr 750 hes 26 and he looks like hes had a couple of tickets in the past so...i just wanted to know what do you guys pay per month how old are you and what year and model is your bike and i guess if youre not too shy how many tickets have you had. illl be at least 19 when i get the bike and i have had a speeding ticket when i was 16 and an accident when i was 18 how much yall think imma be payin if i had a yami r6 or a cbr600. any help is appreciated

The BUCKY
07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
state farm!!!

DecoyOctopus
07-08-2008, 11:46 PM
lol any particular reason?

Smittie61984
07-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Your buddy also might have a house insured with his company too which will make it cheap since they dont' give a crap about the bike. Plus he might have some great credit too which makes a difference. I doubt at 19 you'll have much credit (Which will play a huge role if you finance a bike). He also might have hte bike paid off and crap loads of ticket making the liability a lot.

I'm 24 now and did a quote on a 2007 CBR600rr just to see what it was. For full coverage (Which you need on a bike you don't have paid off). It was roughly $260 a month. I have 1 stop sign violation and fairly decent credit.

On my current bike which is a paid for 1996 Honda CBR600 F3 I pay $300 a year for liability (Which I have to pay friday damnit!!!). That is with Allstate but they said they should be able to get it cheaper. I also did the "Smith safety foundation" training for my work wich knocks the price down some (And more if you do the MSF).

When I had my 1994 Yamaha SecaII it was $107 a year for liability with me having a speeding ticket and stop sign at the the time. That was with progressive.

At 19 I doubt you'll get financed so my best suggestion is find a decent beginner bike for $1500-3500 and pay cash or just try and get a personal loan if you can. Then pay liability. But don't do what many do which is buy a bike on a Yamaha or Honda credit card then get just liability on the bike. You'd hate to total a $10,000 bike and be making big interest payments on it forever.

DecoyOctopus
07-09-2008, 12:05 AM
actually imma finance the bike in my pops name he got good credit and all. im not worried about the payments i can do like 500 a month and imma get a used bike im not spending 10k maybe like 5 but i just FAWCKING HATE INSURANCE SOO MUCH ITS LIKE IF NOTHING HAPPENS YOU DONT GET YOUR MONEY BACK...UGHHHH ITS ANNOYING. but yea im not bout to ride without it i just dont feel like having the bike and not being able to spend any money on it besides paying for ****ing insurance.

Smittie61984
07-09-2008, 05:18 AM
Gotcha. I didn't have the parent option when I was looking which sucked.

Now if you don't have any motorcycle experience from before I wouldn't recommen a R6 or a 600rr (Or any 600cc Race Replica). You'd be best off getting something like a SV650 used and insurance (Even full coverage) will be much cheaper. 600cc race style bikes are very expensive to insure because they are considered race bikes.

DecoyOctopus
07-09-2008, 01:31 PM
i got dirt bike experience...i rode a gixxer 750 its too much so imma just take it easy on a 600 no stuntin or nun

carbon_crash
07-09-2008, 01:39 PM
actually imma finance the bike in my pops name he got good credit and all. im not worried about the payments i can do like 500 a month and imma get a used bike im not spending 10k maybe like 5 but i just FAWCKING HATE INSURANCE SOO MUCH ITS LIKE IF NOTHING HAPPENS YOU DONT GET YOUR MONEY BACK...UGHHHH ITS ANNOYING. but yea im not bout to ride without it i just dont feel like having the bike and not being able to spend any money on it besides paying for ****ing insurance.

Most insurance companies will require the owner of the bike to carry the insurance. Meaning, the bike's in your dad's name, then it should be on his insurance with you as a rider.

rickgiblin
07-14-2008, 07:35 PM
call up state farm and get a quote... i have my renters insurance, and 2 car insured under allstate and me me on a 05 gsxr6 it was going to be 1300 every 6 months... with no tickets or wrecks. but for statefarm it was going to be on a seperate policy and only be 273 every 6... so deff. statefarm FTW!!!

slowinmidga
07-15-2008, 04:54 PM
call up state farm and get a quote... i have my renters insurance, and 2 car insured under allstate and me me on a 05 gsxr6 it was going to be 1300 every 6 months... with no tickets or wrecks. but for statefarm it was going to be on a seperate policy and only be 273 every 6... so deff. statefarm FTW!!!

I have two cars and house insured with Allstate and they quoted me something ridiculous like 2200 a year for a damn new 250! I went with Progressive b/c they only want 500 a year for full coverage for a 06 Ninja 650R AND a 06 GS500F. State farm was really reasonable to but Progressive was a tad cheaper.