PDA

View Full Version : The truth about Honda's and more

OaTmeaL
07-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Let me try this again because everyone is not understanding what I am trying to say about Hondas. After reading a Super Street mag with the yellow Honda Fit on the front with the K20 (I tihnk) and seeing the timeline of how Honda and Acura have started from the simple days with no aftermarket support then body kits, stickers, and neons to being simple and clean. I see how the body kit days didn't really help Honda or Acura day as a reputation. My only thing I am trying to say is now I understand how people look at them because everyone on here knows they have seen a rice Honda or Acura and didn't look back at it and tried to ignore them. I am not bashing on Hondas or anything but I am just trying to say that now I understand.

Echonova
07-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I sense much anger in you, young Skywalker.

JITB
07-08-2008, 07:06 PM
i feel u..sort of

big mac
07-08-2008, 07:07 PM
hmmm same way i feel lol

Benefit
07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
maybe because its not all about a straight line...just a thought

AlanŽ
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Tank sucks penis

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (3 members and 0 guests)
redGT, Tank, OaTmeaL

IndianStig
07-08-2008, 08:23 PM
No dipshiit, you're wrong again. Maybe this statement falls true for you as you are seemingly weak in the mind, overly conscious of other peoples opinions, and generally incompetent.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182954

AnTi-PooN
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
wow... so you hate on hondas now? im confused. either way race my 1990 honda :).

ps: a stock z is only moderately cool. i get much more satisfaction making something slow fast. IMO i'd rather say i have a civic with 250 hp, than say a mustang with 250..... see what i'm sayin?

AnTi-PooN
07-08-2008, 08:30 PM
No dipshiit, you're wrong again. Maybe this statement falls true for you as you are seemingly weak in the mind, overly conscious of other peoples opinions, and generally incompetent.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182954

i almost forgot...

PWND. reps

bigdare23
07-08-2008, 08:34 PM
LOL

now Hondas are the root of all evil

LOL

dohc4.6sc
07-08-2008, 08:36 PM
wow... so you hate on hondas now? im confused. either way race my 1990 honda :).

ps: a stock z is only moderately cool. i get much more satisfaction making something slow fast. IMO i'd rather say i have a civic with 250 hp, than say a mustang with 250..... see what i'm sayin?

a z is also slow to begin with. what is you perception on fast 15 seconds?

AnTi-PooN
07-08-2008, 08:39 PM
is it faster than a 1.5 civic?

are you retarded?

not everyones idea of a fast car is a 7 second supra. some people have realistic goals

0p7!mu5
07-08-2008, 08:44 PM
now before you go making those kinda statement and get flammed like Thacker... I agree Honda's get hated on quite a bit but you over generalize. Its like with any car no matter what there will be haters. Honda's being cheap to build are why a lot of people get them and a lot of pep boy ebay ****ers get ****ty parts for them. it goes in cycles. Hell i see the TC goin the same way because everywhere i look there is a damn scion on the road.

Really it isn't the car company but the drivers you seem to really hate. and Hate to break it to you people say the same thing about nissan thanks to the 240 and z owners . Same with Domestics. It's the sterotype we all get. Unfortunately like chicken eating black people more people live up to it than not which make you guys post stuff like this.

SampaGuy
07-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I could careless about honda and im a nissan man myself but wtf is this ****?? You should bring your land yacht to the next local autocross and get your ass handed to you by a stock-engined EF

AnTi-PooN
07-08-2008, 08:47 PM
lol... ok ok i'll stop i dnt wanna be the next thacker lol...

even though i don't drive a cornbread powered gto/ camaro

ok ok thats the last one i swear...

dohc4.6sc
07-08-2008, 08:51 PM
is it faster than a 1.5 civic?

are you retarded?

not everyones idea of a fast car is a 7 second supra. some people have realistic goals

quick to me is 12's, fast is 10's and under, and that is very realistic. i have owned an 11 sec car. so what is your goal? mine is 8 seconds, and that should happen within the next 2 years. i wasnt trying to be a jackass, i was simply saying a stock z isnt fast, does it have potential? yes. but any car can have potential with the right amount of money.:cheers:

AnTi-PooN
07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
i'm 19. look through my eyes lol

dohc4.6sc
07-08-2008, 08:55 PM
i'm 19. look through my eyes lol

and? i just turned 20, what does age have to do with this?

0p7!mu5
07-08-2008, 08:56 PM
lol... ok ok i'll stop i dnt wanna be the next thacker lol...

even though i don't drive a cornbread powered gto/ camaro

ok ok thats the last one i swear...

LAWLZ!!! I meant the OP but just the same lol.

...........oh btw you are mistaken its isnt just the cornbread you forgot the moonshine he uses for racegas! That damn car is heavier that a highschool grits eatin' southern bell promqueen.. no wonder he is proud to have thatmuch hp stock he needs it to move the damn thing...
Ok now Im done:lmfao:

Got Milk?
07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
"Honda owners hate on other owners because they feel like they have something to prove to other"

SO MOTHER ****ING TRUE. Thats why i got me a WRX

bigdare23
07-08-2008, 09:01 PM
"Honda owners hate on other owners because they feel like they have something to prove to other"

Aren't those drivers worse than honda drivers?!?

0p7!mu5
07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
yeah but then again there are Tc drivers....

JITB
07-08-2008, 09:04 PM
all drivers are assholes

AnTi-PooN
07-08-2008, 09:11 PM
all women drivers are assholes

*edited*

civic95
07-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I think every make has it's idiots.

Why does every 240 owner think they are pro drifters?

osnap
07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I am in not way saying that I am the fastest thing out there because I do know there is one out there somewhere that is faster than me.LMFAO. You're one cocky sunnuvabitch, aren't ya? Surely SOMEONE out there SOMEWHERE is faster than an N/A Z. :rolleyes:

AnTi-PooN
07-08-2008, 09:45 PM
^^^lol omg i thought it was the tt atleast. why even make this thread?

TK_SON
07-08-2008, 10:28 PM
finaly sumone said sumthing about 240 driver's . as to the other driver's each their own i have more pressing issue to worry about. like dodgin their nodrivin prepuebesent a$$ .........

On_Her_Face
07-08-2008, 10:32 PM
After thinking about it for a long time when I owned my Honda's I started to understand why people left the Honda/Acura scene and went to other cars or just stopped in general. I was just tired of going to meets and seeing guys that had VTEC shirts on that drive a 90 CRX with the stock 1.5 in it claiming sick horsepower with eBay mods. It began to be old because when you stand back and look at it that is why the domestic guys are anyone else at that do not respect or look twice at a Honda. The 90s really screwed it up for Honda's because that was when the body kits were the thing to do.

I just find it funny and can see the other side of it when I am driving my Z because I have not been beat by a Honda even after racing a few S2Ks. I am in not way saying that I am the fastest thing out there because I do know there is one out there somewhere that is faster than me. I know there are fast Honda's on this site and I am not saying anything bad against them because each person his/her own. I just can see the other side because when I drove my Honda I would have nothing but other Honda's look at me and try to race me because they thought because I was clean that I didn't do anything to the motor. When I am driving the Z I see other Z owners and sometimes 240 guys give me the thumbs up about my car and then we drive away. Honda owners hate on other owners because they feel like they have something to prove to other or even domestic guys

so now you got a 300z you are bad ass? like the other z and 240 (:lmfao:) owners..

TK_SON
07-08-2008, 10:34 PM
such a roll model....

slostang
07-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I actually pushed a 300z into the shop today.

TK_SON
07-08-2008, 10:40 PM
see what i mean how many honda's need a push?.....

slostang
07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
see what i mean how many honda's need a push?.....

ones without engines.

slostang
07-08-2008, 10:44 PM
the guy drove to the shop, shut it off for two minutes while inside negotiating work, and it wouldnt start.

(and all it needed was a driveshaft bearing)

Echonova
07-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I think every make has it's idiots.

Why does every 240 owner think they are pro drifters?Not every 240 owner...:D (I know it goes without saying)

but I'm just saying.

On_Her_Face
07-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Not every 240 owner...:D (I know it goes without saying)

but I'm just saying.

i thought you were a drifter

Echonova
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
i thought you were a drifterWell I am a professional drifter. I just don't get paid for it or have any sponsorship deals. I just know other people that aren't...

On_Her_Face
07-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Well I am a professional drifter. I just don't get paid for it or have any sponsorship deals. I just know other people that aren't...

LOL spoken like the common 240 owner :lmao:

Echonova
07-08-2008, 10:56 PM
LOL spoken like the common 240 owner :lmao:F-you Corvette boy. What in the hell are you gonna do for your mid-life crisis???

Echonova
07-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Lulz

On_Her_Face
07-08-2008, 10:59 PM
F-you Corvette boy. What in the hell are you gonna do for your mid-life crisis???

get re-married, isn't that what usually happens?

JITB
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
F-you Corvette boy. What in the hell are you gonna do for your mid-life crisis???

lol :lmfao: :lmfao: ur a funny guy..

Psycho
07-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Aren't those drivers worse than honda drivers?!?
YES!!! I hated driving my WRX. Everywhere I went I would have a wagoneer nerd always trying to talk to me about how their station wagon wrx could handle better than my sedan:blah:. Then they would proceed to hate on Evo's, even though they couldn't give me a legitimate reason when I would ask them why.

Echonova
07-08-2008, 11:04 PM
get re-married, isn't that what usually happens?I dunno. I got re-married @ 30.:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

On_Her_Face
07-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I dunno. I got re-married @ 30.:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

well shit, idk haha

Benefit
07-09-2008, 12:25 AM
lol @ the N/A 300zx owner saying hondas suck...go do your research please

ive had two nissans...both 240sx's...one with a sr20, and believe it or not i would take either one of the integras ive owned over them...

Catnip
07-09-2008, 12:42 AM
When I had my 95 mustang GT convertible (exhaust, advanced timing, 3.73s), soooooo many hondas tried to race me. Once or twice I got a WS6 try to race me, but nothing like the amount of hondas trying to hand me my ass...

LOL @ their backfiring plans.

csmiths
07-09-2008, 12:55 AM
see this is what i dont understand. you said that you owned 5 different preludes, and then all of the sudden you have this z and its the greatest thing in the world. i mean if you like your car then you like your car. i love mine and its an automatic accord. but what i dont get is the only answer that you have given me in person and on here is that you hated getting all the hondas trying to race and such, just bc you have a nissan doesnt mean that wont happen, and there are many hondas out there that will surprise you and will rev at you the same. but that doesnt seem like a ligit reason to hate on them, even after all the cars that you have had. and when i go to car meets, everyone has love for their "1.5L" honda, but everyone has their tastes, and budgets. yea i get alot of hondas that try to mess with me, but i get more ppl in cars that will kill me come up and rev at me. such as sti's Evos, and mustangs, but i dont hate on those types of cars bc of the ppl who drive them, i just laugh at how lame it is to try to race someone who they will kill. just dont see any ligit reason behind your "rant"

IndianStig
07-09-2008, 12:57 AM

Wrong cowboy. Again, maybe it was true for you, but don't generalize on a community of car owners. I hate no other car brand owners without reason. Seeing as I consider myself a rationally thinking person, like the majority of car ENTHUSIASTS must be in order to handle such a passion (money, intelligence..it ain't easy building a piece of art, the common sense it requires), and that I drive a Honda. I'd say you are wrong again.

I can point out many occasions where pricks in Subaru's were just that, pricks.

IndianStig
07-09-2008, 01:02 AM
see this is what i dont understand. you said that you owned 5 different preludes, and then all of the sudden you have this z and its the greatest thing in the world. i mean if you like your car then you like your car. i love mine and its an automatic accord. but what i dont get is the only answer that you have given me in person and on here is that you hated getting all the hondas trying to race and such, just bc you have a nissan doesnt mean that wont happen, it will do the same thing. but that doesnt seem like a ligit reason to hate on them, even after all the cars that you have had. and when i go to car meets, everyone has love for their "1.5L" honda, but everyone has their tastes. yea i get alot of hondas that try to mess with me, but i get more ppl in cars that will kill me come up and rev at me. such as sti's Evos, and mustangs, but i dont hate on those types of cars bc of the ppl who drive them, i just laugh at how lame it is to try to race someone who they will kill. just dont see any ligit reason behind your "rant"

Coming from someone with what it takes to be a car enthusiast to someone that seems to know what he's doing (again, fire accord you got there, haha). You won't see a reason given. He's just gonna make lame ass excuses, there is no excuse for being a fawking idiot though.

TK_SON
07-09-2008, 01:14 AM
wow for a guy that is bashin on honda's it looks like we took over his tread....

csmiths
07-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Coming from someone with what it takes to be a car enthusiast to someone that seems to know what he's doing (again, fire accord you got there, haha). You won't see a reason given. He's just gonna make lame ass excuses, there is no excuse for being a fawking idiot though.

i mean i honestly dont care why he hates on hondas so much, but i would think something like "i had 5 motors blow up on me after 120,xxx miles, or everything went wrong with those cars" but i havent heard that. hes saying hondas are lame bc of some of the ppl who drive them, but there are lameasses that drive all sorts of cars. Sh.it i had an old man come up next to me in his lambo 2 days ago and start reving the hell out of it, and all i could do was lol. he didnt look happy either. all im saying is that i dont like certain cars. ex: most 240 owners i see are goddamn retards. they think there car is the **** with all their stickers and drift charms, and most try to mess with every honda but i do know alot that are really nice, with rb25 swaps and such. that doesnt mean im gonna hate on nissans bc of some retarded 240 owners. i still have love for any car that is done right, even if its something that i dont really like. but Oatmeal im sure you have some ligit reasons, and that is your reasons so good luck with the z hopefully it will give you more joy then the hondas.

slostang
07-09-2008, 01:16 AM
wow for a guy that is bashin on honda's it looks like we took over his tread....

noob... you have just witnessed your first threadjack. :goodjob:

TK_SON
07-09-2008, 01:20 AM
thanks hope to see many more.....lol

IndianStig
07-09-2008, 01:28 AM
^IA FTW^

i mean i honestly dont care why he hates on hondas so much, but i would think something like "i had 5 motors blow up on me after 120,xxx miles, or everything went wrong with those cars" but i havent heard that. hes saying hondas are lame bc of some of the ppl who drive them, but there are lameasses that drive all sorts of cars. Sh.it i had an old man come up next to me in his lambo 2 days ago and start reving the hell out of it, and all i could do was lol. he didnt look happy either. all im saying is that i dont like certain cars. ex: most 240 owners i see are goddamn retards. they think there car is the **** with all their stickers and drift charms, and most try to mess with every honda but i do know alot that are really nice, with rb25 swaps and such. that doesnt mean im gonna hate on nissans bc of some retarded 240 owners. i still have love for any car that is done right, even if its something that i dont really like. but Oatmeal im sure you have some ligit reasons, and that is your reasons so good luck with the z hopefully it will give you more joy then the hondas.

There won't be. Even if there is, he still has no right to make these generalizations. Oh wait, the first amendment. Well a recent addendum was passed to the first amendment...assholes not covered.

Psycho
07-09-2008, 01:30 AM
I love a good thread jacking
http://promnightfistfight.com/x/grandma.gif

Nerdsrock22
07-09-2008, 06:46 AM
everyone has love for their "1.5L" honda, but everyone has their tastes, and budgets. yea i get alot of hondas that try to mess with me, but i get more ppl in cars that will kill me come up and rev at me. such as sti's Evos, and mustangs, but i dont hate on those types of cars bc of the ppl who drive them, i just laugh at how lame it is to try to race someone who they will kill. just dont see any ligit reason behind your "rant"

yeah i completely agree with this. Everyone's goal is not to have a fast car. For the money that I've spent on the Fit, I very well could have picked up a Z, Evo, STI, whatever. Thats not my thing, and frankly I pretty sure I could outhandle a Z when things got twisty. That being said, I love Z's, 240s, and heck, even the occasional Vette.

Good luck with the 300z man, I've seen it and its going to be hot.

:dj:

OaTmeaL
07-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Rewrote the first post so people would get the point instead of thinking that I hate Honda's

Ed
07-09-2008, 08:14 AM
well when you can't afford real spinnas, you gotta do what you gotta do....

http://www.actionsalvage.com/images/hubcap.gif

IndianStig
07-09-2008, 08:17 AM

http://www.actionsalvage.com/images/hubcap.gif

LOL, I actually had to narrowly miss a spinner flying off a gold Altima about 5 minutes ago. I get ready to turn into my nhood and i see it coming right at me lol. Gunned the **** outta it into my nhood...funny thing is, it came off of a car that was turning into my nhood. :no: :no: :no:

Time to move.

Ed
07-09-2008, 08:19 AM
lol at least it was a nissan right?

lol i keed.

Echonova

http://www.actionsalvage.com/images/hubcap.gifOh Sh*t son!!!! You getting those for your Ralliart Lancer? They are dope as F*ck!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/PartTimeNinja/spinnaz.gif

IndianStig
Rewrote the first post so people would get the point instead of thinking that I hate Honda's

Hmm, okay. Fast one you pulled there, unlike your 300zx. Too bad its still just a lame ass excuse your your pathetic behavior. Gonna reply to me in your pictures thread? I'm pretty sure, at this point you just owe IA an apology for acting like a tool.

lol at least it was a nissan right?

lol i keed.

Yah, god forbid. Someone riced out a Nissan! OMG HONDA OWNERS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD! PRETTY SOON, NICE CARS LIKE 300zx's WILL BE DRIVEN BY THE TOOLS THAT DRIVE HONDAS!

Oh wait.....ahaha. I keed, not.

Ed
07-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Oh Sh*t son!!!! You getting those for your Ralliart Lancer? They are dope as F*ck!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/PartTimeNinja/spinnaz.gif

lol @ bandwidth exceeded. quit repping people so much pr0n maybe you can get some more bandwidth

Echonova
07-09-2008, 08:22 AM
lol @ bandwidth exceeded. quit repping people so much pr0n maybe you can get some more bandwidthI wasn't logged in. I has teh unlimited bandwidth...:D

Ed
07-09-2008, 08:23 AM
I wasn't logged in. I has teh unlimited bandwidth...:D

lol did you really pay photobucket for unlimited bandwidth just to rep people hahaha

rep whore.

IndianStig
07-09-2008, 08:24 AM
lol did you really pay photobucket for unlimited bandwidth just to rep people hahaha

rep whore.

Why are you complaining? Do you not like seeing beautiful, naked women? :gay:

Ed
07-09-2008, 08:25 AM
not complaining at all.

IndianStig
07-09-2008, 08:29 AM
not complaining at all.

good, check reps in 5 then, if i can

*heads to RLD @ 9:30AM, lol*

Ed
07-09-2008, 08:31 AM
lol. one day im gonna get caught at work.

OaTmeaL
07-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Hmm, okay. Fast one you pulled there, unlike your 300zx. Too bad its still just a lame ass excuse your your pathetic behavior. Gonna reply to me in your pictures thread? I'm pretty sure, at this point you just owe IA an apology for acting like a tool.

Yah, god forbid. Someone riced out a Nissan! OMG HONDA OWNERS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD! PRETTY SOON, NICE CARS LIKE 300zx's WILL BE DRIVEN BY THE TOOLS THAT DRIVE HONDAS!

Oh wait.....ahaha. I keed, not.

I would really like to continue with bashing but I have better things to do while at work. I am sorry I can not feed the attention whore some attention.. Have a great day and I hope the best for you and hope.. I am not going to be that mean

IndianStig
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
I would really like to continue with bashing but I have better things to do while at work. I am sorry I can not feed the attention whore some attention.. Have a great day and I hope the best for you and hope.. I am not going to be that mean

Hmm, edited the post already?

Can't play hardball, don't play at all.

OaTmeaL
07-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Are you trying to start an internet fight or whatever it is called? Way to go...

Are you also watching my profile to see when I last looked at the page? I am glad you have time in your day to waste on me... I feel... what is the word.... touched...

Go ahead and come back with something lame that shows you have nothing to do but trash talk on the net.. Everyone here in IT is getting a laugh at you. Please continue!

http://www.burned.org/gallery/d/1515-3/import_drivin_e_thug.jpg

IndianStig
07-09-2008, 09:35 AM
I guess you could call it that. You kinda started it the minute you got on your high horse and decided to be a **** and attempted to discredit me. I'll be a **** back, but be it noted. What has been said on here, even though its only in regards to the automobiles, I won't hesitate to say it to your face. However, trust me when I say I'm not gonna waste my gas money and time on a failure like you.

You're 100% ****in right though, right now I have nothing to do but talk **** over the internet. Right on with the picture though, I have a black Accord too!

Edit: Forgot to be an E-thug......

IT? Figured, lol. With the people skills you seem to have, best thing to do is shove you behind a computer screen, biitch.

OaTmeaL
07-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Ok :blah:

EDIT: Oh no! I was negative repped by Indian!:lmfao:

IndianStig
07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
EDIT: Oh no! I was negative repped by Indian!:lmfao:

True Story. Your point?

Fucking b1tch.

OaTmeaL
07-09-2008, 07:50 PM
That you are even more Ethug than before..

Congrats!

Jecht
07-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Lol @ this thread

I wasn't particularly fond of Hondas originally, but I have to admit after driving a good number of them now that they aren't bad cars.

David are you going to come to the Smyrna meet? I know you are further away now but we haven't seen the Z yet. lol

Humphrizzle
07-09-2008, 11:39 PM
quick to me is 12's, fast is 10's and under, and that is very realistic. i have owned an 11 sec car. so what is your goal? mine is 8 seconds, and that should happen within the next 2 years. i wasnt trying to be a jackass, i was simply saying a stock z isnt fast, does it have potential? yes. but any car can have potential with the right amount of money.:cheers:

a straight line means nothing..

really.. it's just stupid to compare a 1/4 mile time as how fast a car is.

I agree, anything under 300 hp is not FAST. I hate when people say their 200 hp 4 cylinder is fast.

And a 300zx isnt fast. might be fun but it's not fast by any means!

Catnip
07-09-2008, 11:51 PM
billlllllllay. is right. 0-299hp is weak shiit.

Imadaman
07-10-2008, 01:54 AM
200plus at the wheels in a 2k lb. car can hold it's on typically,mabye not running 11's but don't discredit a car with under 300hp..all about power/weight.

Humphrizzle
07-10-2008, 01:57 AM
yeahhhh

Psycho
07-10-2008, 02:02 AM
billlllllllay. is right. 0-299hp is weak shiit.
Now a days if you don't got 400hp to the wheels, you ain't ****. It's crazy to think that a few years ago, a stock S2000 was fast at most of the meets. lol

Benefit
07-10-2008, 02:16 AM
wow this guy is still talking and he has a NA 300zx?

On_Her_Face
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM

I agree, anything under 300 hp is not FAST. I hate when people say their 200 hp 4 cylinder is fast.

coming from a honda owner :lmfao:

sorry man i had to!

Imadaman
07-10-2008, 10:16 AM
so a crx with a H22 pushing 250 at the wheels is not fast...ya

IndianStig
07-10-2008, 10:44 AM
so a crx with a H22 pushing 250 at the wheels is not fast...ya

yah it is, all the way untill he spins a bearing and crashes into the side of a mountain simultaneously cause he's trying to keep up with a S/C'd 4.6L or a 5.0.

I see no point in putting a H22 in a damn CRX and ONLY pushing 250 to the wheels, I'm assuming N/A cause why would you stop at 250 if you went FI and why would you pick the H22 in a CRX if you were going FI.

The car would get ****ty MPG, have no handling credibility, and get out run by a bolt-on V8 or a BPU F/I jap import.

Worst example ever. H22 in 4th Gen lude FTW.

Imadaman
07-10-2008, 11:03 AM
i was talking about a straight line...i mean you can keep changing words all you want thats fine.the whole conversation was talking about a straight quarter mile,and how anything under 300hp is not fast.almost any 2000 lb car with a good build with 250plus hp is fast.and yes if you are talking about a mountain road i will take my prelude..an F22b 4ws.but that is a completely different conversation.and are you really going to bring up gas mileage?i mean my god,you completely pulled that out of your ass..and yes if i wanted gas mileage i would not build a h22 crx.

IndianStig
07-10-2008, 11:17 AM
i was talking about a straight line...i mean you can keep changing words all you want thats fine.the whole conversation was talking about a straight quarter mile,and how anything under 300hp is not fast.almost any 2000 lb car with a good build with 250plus hp is fast.and yes if you are talking about a mountain road i will take my prelude..an F22b 4ws.but that is a completely different conversation.and are you really going to bring up gas mileage?i mean my god,you completely pulled that out of your ass..and yes if i wanted gas mileage i would not build a h22 crx.

i apologize then lol. :cheers: your right i wasn't reading the thread, just came in saw h22 crx and thought, ****ing retarded idea. but while it might be as quick as some other smarter choices, the cost/labor required for such a project is not worth it. much better to get a stang, camaro, mkiii supra or something. although, you seem like you already know that but just was trying to shutup some fanboys.

Imadaman
07-10-2008, 11:19 AM
ya man i feel you,were all good.nice accord btw.and yes if i had the money id pick a supra 100000 to 1 ha.but were all good and a peace rep will be given.ha

On_Her_Face
07-10-2008, 11:42 AM
honestly a crx with 250 whp is not fast IMHO..

IndianStig
07-10-2008, 11:53 AM
honestly a crx with 250 whp is not fast IMHO..

imo, auto's are for pussies. so are smg's or whatever the **** mitsu calls them lol.

Clutch Pedal's are friend, not food (check nemo refrence)

twinj
07-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Just got finished reading both threads. Would post something, but I'll just be repeating what was already stated.

Dwisforme05
07-10-2008, 01:44 PM

k now im sorry but is just stupid to say. some people are into track ( autox) and others are into dragging. it all depends on what the driver and their car are set up to do. for some a straight line means more, to others its more about curves and track times. doesnt mean that just cuz u prefer one over the other you can just discard the other part of racing and say its dumb. you have a nice, and stout car man but dont start bashing on straight line cars.

Benefit
07-10-2008, 02:14 PM
am i the only one that thinks his car is gay

Dwisforme05
07-10-2008, 02:21 PM
oatmeals?

IndianStig
07-10-2008, 02:27 PM
oatmeals?

x2.

if so, no S II K and a lot of ppl would agree with you. lol

On_Her_Face
07-10-2008, 02:31 PM
imo, auto's are for pussies. so are smg's or whatever the **** mitsu calls them lol.

Clutch Pedal's are friend, not food (check nemo refrence)

yeah, well obviously torque is not your friend LOL

TK_SON
07-11-2008, 02:12 PM
honda motor and torque doesnt add up .jus sayin.

Psycho
07-11-2008, 02:36 PM

I would have to disagree. For some cars, automatics are faster than their manual counterparts. I love the automatic tranny in the '07 350z. Since the engine makes all of it's power up higher in the RPM range, the gearing allows me to stay in those higher RPMs longer. I've beaten an '07 six speed with it before.

I believe the automatic Porsche Cayman is the same, though I'm not 100% sure.

Now, of course you can't beat the driving experience you get with a manual transmission though. I would rather drive the MR2 over the 350z any day, just because of fun factor (plus it's getting to be faster now :tongue: ). But if I'm in the mood to just chill-ax and need a comfortable ride I take the Z out.

Dwisforme05
07-11-2008, 08:30 PM
i agree. another point is that in some cars the auto tranny is ALOT stronger then the manual. at least in my case the 4.0 mustangs come with either a t-5 manual or the 50r50 auto. the new t-5 is a complete piece of ****. the 50r50 is what they use in the GTs too and holds power alot better. i love my auto and between my tuned auto and a tuned 5 speed there isnt much difference if any...

IndianStig
07-11-2008, 08:44 PM
i agree. another point is that in some cars the auto tranny is ALOT stronger then the manual. at least in my case the 4.0 mustangs come with either a t-5 manual or the 50r50 auto. the new t-5 is a complete piece of ****. the 50r50 is what they use in the GTs too and holds power alot better. i love my auto and between my tuned auto and a tuned 5 speed there isnt much difference if any...

not sure what you mean by tuned 5 speed? you mean built 5 speed and built AND tuned auto?

STRAIGHTLINE SPEED AND POWERHOLDING CAPABILITY (only two advantages of the auto (in general) at 400+whp levels, if lower then auto's get triumphed by a built manual) do not mean everything when choosing a tranny.

A tranny should add to all areas of a cars performance have a good balance of improving the afore mentioned straight line speed and power holding capability as well as in braking and handling. The number one thing a tranny should add to is the heart and soul of the car.

Danzo
07-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Just throwing this in there but I set that cars suspension up for fun in the curves.(Oatmeals Z I mean, which used to be mine) It may be a heavy beast but just ask dwisforme it can hold its own in some autoX with a good driver. I wanted it to be the Z that nobody expected to dominate mountain roads. The whole RWD thing and having no weight in the back made it harder but hey who doesn't like a good drift every now and then.

Imadaman
07-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Just throwing this in there but I set that cars suspension up for fun in the curves.(Oatmeals Z I mean, which used to be mine) It may be a heavy beast but just ask dwisforme it can hold its own in some autoX with a good driver. I wanted it to be the Z that nobody expected to dominate mountain roads. The whole RWD thing and having no weight in the back made it harder but hey who doesn't like a good drift every now and then.

the DK has spoken,it is a stout Z.:ninja:

Echonova
07-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Just throwing this in there but I set that cars suspension up for fun in the curves.(Oatmeals Z I mean, which used to be mine) It may be a heavy beast but just ask dwisforme it can hold its own in some autoX with a good driver. I wanted it to be the Z that nobody expected to dominate mountain roads. The whole RWD thing and having no weight in the back made it harder but hey who doesn't like a good drift every now and then.Me.

Echonova
07-13-2008, 02:13 PM
the DK has spoken,it is a stout Z.:ninja:Lulz

Danzo
07-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Haha Dylan you wish you had deeez skillz foo! Looking forward to putting those coil overs on for real next time and getting some bad ass pictures.