PDA

View Full Version : black G35 vs s2k

S II K
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
i just got done running a black g35 with black wheels i heard an exhaust so that pretty much was the only mod i could hear/see that he had...

we did a 30roll and by the time i let off i was going 120 and i had easily 2-3 cars on him.

then we did a dig run to 120 and i had him by 3 1/2 cars.

we then did a 60 roll and i had him by almost 2 cars. he also jumped on the second honk.

i thought a g35 vs my car would prob be a better run (maybe it was a driver isue :thinking: ) but none the less it was a clean g35 and it sounded pretty [email protected] was in gainsville area anyone know who it might be?

pjb2006
07-08-2008, 01:43 PM
those cars are just slow 350s. they look really good i think, but they have a little too much luxury to be "fast." with alot of bolt-ons and a tune they can be quick, but stock theres no way they can take a 2k. nice run

On_Her_Face
07-08-2008, 02:15 PM
those cars are just slow 350s. they look really good i think, but they have a little too much luxury to be "fast." with alot of bolt-ons and a tune they can be quick, but stock theres no way they can take a 2k. nice run

you have a 260hp (if stock) mustang, a G35 would walk you

DirtyMechanic
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
:D

americanctm
07-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Nice kill Will.

DieselNuts
07-08-2008, 02:42 PM
nice kill. I only got the chance to run 2 S2Ks while I had my G, but I beat them both...not by much, but I beat them.

Stock for stock, they are pretty close...actually, mod for mod they are still pretty close. I guess it all depends on who is behind the wheel.

my best 1/4 time was 14.06 before my JWT clutch and flywheel w/35psi in the rear tires.

Ronsam2006
07-08-2008, 05:41 PM
nice kill. I only got the chance to run 2 S2Ks while I had my G, but I beat them both...not by much, but I beat them.

Stock for stock, they are pretty close...actually, mod for mod they are still pretty close. I guess it all depends on who is behind the wheel.

my best 1/4 time was 14.06 before my JWT clutch and flywheel w/35psi in the rear tires.
What was your 60ft and trap speed for that 14.06 if you dont mind me asking?

IndianStig
07-08-2008, 05:41 PM
will was this near our area? if so i've ****ed with the same car in my accord. he can't drive, i was at his bumper and he almost wrecked. weaksauce

good kill though. show those punks how guys with pink lip wheels do it lol

Reaper
07-08-2008, 06:05 PM
If ya'll do your research an s2000 runs high 13's stock with a solid driver...

An s2k with 4.57 gears mods and a tune your low 13's...theres a guy outta Maryland that can tune those cars to 250whp STOCK...yes its true, not many people believe till my buddy had it done..Expensive to do it, but well worth it IMO. On a roll with that kinda power your smoking cars you have no business running...Gotta love the s2k!!

IndianStig
07-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Give me this guys info or at least your buddies.
Maybe a link? thats pretty good, i got a buddy thats trying to see if he wants n/a or supercharged so i'll send it his way

americanctm
07-08-2008, 06:09 PM
will was this near our area? if so i've ****ed with the same car in my accord. he can't drive, i was at his bumper and he almost wrecked. weaksauce

i think it was in Gainesville. That guy with the G you're talking about Mehul goes to Peachtree Ridge i think, Chris beat him in his truck, that guy is a douche.

Reaper
07-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Give me this guys info or at least your buddies.
Maybe a link? thats pretty good, i got a buddy thats trying to see if he wants n/a or supercharged so i'll send it his way

pm'd!

IndianStig
07-08-2008, 06:46 PM
i think it was in Gainesville. That guy with the G you're talking about Mehul goes to Peachtree Ridge i think, Chris beat him in his truck, that guy is a douche.

reading owns me. but cool

jumpin800agl
07-08-2008, 07:00 PM
congrats on the kill

S II K
07-08-2008, 07:24 PM

pink? try red...i have a red s2k why in the world would i have a pink lip?

anyways no it was a diff guy i know exactly what kid your talking about though...i called him out in my audi before and he never ran me :gay:

S II K
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM

An s2k with 4.57 gears mods and a tune your low 13's...theres a guy outta Maryland that can tune those cars to 250whp STOCK...yes its true, not many people believe till my buddy had it done..Expensive to do it, but well worth it IMO. On a roll with that kinda power your smoking cars you have no business running...Gotta love the s2k!!

hmmm ive never heard of that but that sounds cool if you can please send me some info. i know there is a guy that comes down to GA from ohio to tune s2k's with the e-manage ultimate and he does a pretty b.a job

S II K
07-08-2008, 07:31 PM
congrats on the kill

thanks man.:goodjob:

Reaper
07-08-2008, 07:43 PM
hmmm ive never heard of that but that sounds cool if you can please send me some info. i know there is a guy that comes down to GA from ohio to tune s2k's with the e-manage ultimate and he does a pretty b.a job

same guy (I believe) but I thought he was from Maryland....did he buy a dyno, and blow up his s2k motor tuning it...now he can tune the sh*t outta 1

IndianStig
07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
lol, it looked pink that one night at QT, just bustin your alls (or lack there of)

DirtyMechanic
07-08-2008, 09:25 PM
same guy (I believe) but I thought he was from Maryland....did he buy a dyno, and blow up his s2k motor tuning it...now he can tune the sh*t outta 1im sorry how in the world do you pop a n/a motor.

WickedIXMR
07-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Buddy of mine made 605whp on e85 daily driver on an s2k

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-08-2008, 10:49 PM
im sorry how in the world do you pop a n/a motor.

RPM's are your enemy.

My first LS1 came apart at 7100 rpm when a rod bolt started to back out due to the stock rodbolts being utter failures in the LS1 cars. Luckily all it did was spin the rod bearing on that particular one... it didn't sound good at 7k tho.

DirtyMechanic
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
RPM's are your enemy.

My first LS1 came apart at 7100 rpm when a rod bolt started to back out due to the stock rodbolts being utter failures in the LS1 cars. Luckily all it did was spin the rod bearing on that particular one... it didn't sound good at 7k tho. and again how do you pop a n/a motor if you dont exceed the rpm limits... like you rod bolts lol.... weak.... or valvetrain like the valve spring rpm or lift... i mean like tuning how do you pop it... i just dont see how...i hear knock pull 2 degrees timing... then your golden... wtf... i dont get it...

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-08-2008, 10:55 PM
and again how do you pop a n/a motor if you dont exceed the rpm limits... like you rod bolts lol.... weak.... or valvetrain like the valve spring rpm or lift... i mean like tuning how do you pop it... i just dont see how...i hear knock pull 2 degrees timing... then your golden... wtf... i dont get it...

On most cars the knock sensors sensitity is turned down a good bit. At least on my camaro its turned down to ignore a good bit of knock as most of it is considered "false" knock.

Another one of my friends ls1's came apart due to a lean ass tune which was causing his #8 cylinder to detonate like crazy. It was beating down on the piston so bad that when we pulled the motor apart that rod had a very slight bend in it.

Now that is some serious knock.

On_Her_Face
07-08-2008, 10:58 PM
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm235/Observer00/realitystrikes_ani.gif

wunquikser
07-08-2008, 11:31 PM
i just got done running a black g35 with black wheels i heard an exhaust so that pretty much was the only mod i could hear/see that he had...

we did a 30roll and by the time i let off i was going 120 and i had easily 2-3 cars on him.

then we did a dig run to 120 and i had him by 3 1/2 cars.

we then did a 60 roll and i had him by almost 2 cars. he also jumped on the second honk.

i thought a g35 vs my car would prob be a better run (maybe it was a driver isue :thinking: ) but none the less it was a clean g35 and it sounded pretty [email protected] was in gainsville area anyone know who it might be?

hey man, did you happen to race a red sentra on 85N awhile back..

DecoyOctopus
07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
250whp on a stock s2000 motor sounds a bit excessive. theres not much stuff you can do to increase power on a s2000 besides somesort of forced induction.

Hollowmon
07-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Congrats!!

DirtyMechanic
07-09-2008, 01:48 AM
On most cars the knock sensors sensitity is turned down a good bit. At least on my camaro its turned down to ignore a good bit of knock as most of it is considered "false" knock.

Another one of my friends ls1's came apart due to a lean ass tune which was causing his #8 cylinder to detonate like crazy. It was beating down on the piston so bad that when we pulled the motor apart that rod had a very slight bend in it.

Now that is some serious knock.a real tuner listens in headphones and knows what real knock and engine noise is. and if you had a rod bend because of knock... you had a REALLY bad tuner because that kind of knock is deff noticeable!

DieselNuts
07-09-2008, 07:38 AM
250whp on a stock s2000 motor sounds a bit excessive. theres not much stuff you can do to increase power on a s2000 besides somesort of forced induction.
agreed. I was looking into s2ks for a couple weeks and from what I gathered, its damn near impossible to get them over 225hp N/A

Reaper
07-09-2008, 08:00 AM
im sorry how in the world do you pop a n/a motor.

some agreessive f*cking tuning lol

Reaper
07-09-2008, 08:03 AM

Thats what I said...this guy can do it. It really varies with the parts and tunes, I'm gonna pull as much info as I can. But as much research as I have done in the past years I would agree with you. But this guy is for real. Many people have used him. You can same I'm bs'in all day long, but I know what I've seen, and I'll leave it at that.

MeFryRice
07-14-2008, 03:37 PM

It is possible. It's done via Greddy E-Manage Ultimate and the tuner is a gentleman named Giles from up north. He will be in the Atlanta area to tune our cars in Sept.

245-250whp is average for an AP2. :goodjob:

MeFryRice
07-14-2008, 03:37 PM
agreed. I was looking into s2ks for a couple weeks and from what I gathered, its damn near impossible to get them over 225hp N/A

No it's not, it's quite easy with the right tuner. Read the post above this one.

Slomaro Z28
07-15-2008, 08:33 PM
you have a 260hp (if stock) mustang, a G35 would walk you

He said he wanted to run me but then told me he was boosted so........