PDA

View Full Version : Stories about murders, killings, rapes, ect...

Ran
07-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Does anyone even care anymore? I mean, really?

"Man gets stabbed 150 times and dies."

Don't care.

"14yr old girl gets raped and can't afford abortion."

Don't care.

"Son shoots father and flees to Guatemala."

Don't care.

Unless it's something that happens to me personally or to someone close to me, I really couldn't give two sh*ts. I'm well aware that there are sh*tty people out there that do bad things. It's the world we live in. I don't really care to know about some stupid sh*t that happened in Wisconsin when some college sophmore went apesh*t over his girlfriend cheating on him. Unless it's some epic sh*t about a hardcore serial killer with a body count north of 50 that's still on the loose in our local area, you can probably keep the news to yourself.

Anyone else feel the same way?

ShooterMcGavin
07-08-2008, 11:38 AM
meh, depends on each and every individual story. i mean it doesn't shock me anymore, but that's not to say i don't necessarily care that they catch the perps.

Reaper
07-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I felt the same way till I worked for my mom a few years back..We get handicapped people into powered wheels chairs..and just some of the stories of the people this stuff happens to is heartbreaking and infuriating. I understand your saying "if its not in direct relation to me" but at the same time, after seeing some of the people first hand, who have to have a machine to make there lungs work properly...and they can't speak but a computer does it for them....yeah I've started to care a little more than I used to.

Ran
07-08-2008, 11:40 AM
that's not to say i don't necessarily care that they catch the perps.Why? Did they rape your kids? Kill your family or friends? I mean yeah, it's nice to hear that bad guys get caught every now and then but in the end, it just doesn't really matter personally.

ShooterMcGavin
07-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Why? Did they rape your kids? Kill your family or friends? I mean yeah, it's nice to hear that bad guys get caught every now and then but in the end, it just doesn't really matter personally.
didn't say it mattered personally, and on another level, what if they don't catch the perp and then they end up raping your kids or killing your family or friends? that'd be some karmatic sh*t huh?

Sport1.3
07-08-2008, 11:42 AM
What sound does a baby make in a blender.........

Ran
07-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I felt the same way till I worked for my mom a few years back..We get handicapped people into powered wheels chairs..and just some of the stories of the people this stuff happens to is heartbreaking and infuriating. I understand your saying "if its not in direct relation to me" but at the same time, after seeing some of the people first hand, who have to have a machine to make there lungs work properly...and they can't speak but a computer does it for them....yeah I've started to care a little more than I used to.Eh, I've been to hospitals, burn wards, orphanages, homeless shelters, and the like. I've just never really cared to be honest. I may be a bit on the cold hearted side when it comes to things like this but, unless it's directly affected me and mine, it's never made me feel bad.

Sport1.3
07-08-2008, 11:43 AM
idk i was too busy jacking off :dunno:

Ran
07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
didn't say it mattered personally, and on another level, what if they don't catch the perp and then they end up raping your kids or killing your family or friends? that'd be some karmatic sh*t huh?Very possible and I'm fully prepared to take actions into my own hands should such an occassion arise. Until then, I'm not that caring about some girl getting killed off in California for something stupid.

DieselNuts
07-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Eh, I've been to hospitals, burn wards, orphanages, homeless shelters, and the like. I've just never really cared to be honest. I may be a bit on the cold hearted side when it comes to things like this but, unless it's directly affected me and mine, it's never made me feel bad.
....well, you also like when a girl screams in a bad way....

Reaper
07-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Eh, I've been to hospitals, burn wards, orphanages, homeless shelters, and the like. I've just never really cared to be honest. I may be a bit on the cold hearted side when it comes to things like this but, unless it's directly affected me and mine, it's never made me feel bad.

See thats my weakness...I'm a softy...Which is why I left the job..You have to grow a thick skin in that business and I wanted to help EVERYONE that had been ****ked over or abused in some way. I damn near killed a guy once because he was the reason his wife was crippled(snapped her vertebrae with a louisville slugger) and it never held up in court(idk why)...he was there when I set her up in her chair...the woman can't speak...she can't breath properly...paralyzed from the mouth down...****ked up huh? The guy smarting off to me didn't help. After me giving him verbal threats and damn near beating him to death, he called me in and I quit my job the next day...I can't do that sh*t man..I care too much:(

DieselNuts
07-08-2008, 11:57 AM
See thats my weakness...I'm a softy...Which is why I left the job..You have to grow a thick skin in that business and I wanted to help EVERYONE that had been ****ked over or abused in some way. I damn near killed a guy once because he was the reason his wife was crippled(snapped her vertebrae with a louisville slugger) and it never held up in court(idk why)...he was there when I set her up in her chair...the woman can't speak...she can't breath properly...paralyzed from the mouth down...****ked up huh? The guy smarting off to me didn't help. After me giving him verbal threats and damn near beating him to death, he called me in and I quit my job the next day...I can't do that sh*t man..I care too much:(
at least this proves you have a heart though

Ran
07-08-2008, 11:58 AM
See thats my weakness...I'm a softy...Which is why I left the job..You have to grow a thick skin in that business and I wanted to help EVERYONE that had been ****ked over or abused in some way. I damn near killed a guy once because he was the reason his wife was crippled(snapped her vertebrae with a louisville slugger) and it never held up in court(idk why)...he was there when I set her up in her chair...the woman can't speak...she can't breath properly...paralyzed from the mouth down...****ked up huh? The guy smarting off to me didn't help. After me giving him verbal threats and damn near beating him to death, he called me in and I quit my job the next day...I can't do that sh*t man..I care too much:(Kudos to you for trying to help out. That's commendable. :goodjob:

To be 100% honest though, it makes very little difference in my day or life perspective. :dunno:

Reaper
07-08-2008, 12:00 PM
at least this proves you have a heart though

Yeah, what really boiled my blood was 1 week later that bastard filed for divorce, and left her and there 2 boys(10 and 8) with HER MOTHER who's 75 years old...and flew to California...no one's heard of him since...If I knew where he was, I'd have no issue buying a plane ticket, flying out there, and beating the f*ck out of him worse than he did his wife..that sh*t doesn't fly with me..

Reaper
07-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Kudos to you for trying to help out. That's commendable. :goodjob:

To be 100% honest though, it makes very little difference in my day or life perspective. :dunno:

And I understand where your coming from, but when you see it first hand...whole different ball game.

Ran
07-08-2008, 12:04 PM
....well, you also like when a girl screams in a bad way....That makes me a bad person?

Specsteve
07-08-2008, 12:34 PM
People are just different Ran. Some people have compassion, and care about the well being of strangers. Some people like you, are selfish, and only care when it will effect their lives personally. Classic villain complex I suppose.

I imagine you have a Me vs. the world attitude?

Ran
07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Some people have compassion, and care about the well being of strangers.I'm all for doing the right thing and helping out people in need if presented with a situation. Hell, I went dumpster diving for a homeless family a few weeks ago and pulled a canvas out so they could make it into a blanket. Would have been glad to help out more but they ran off.

Some people like you, are selfish, and only care when it will effect their lives personally. Classic villain complex I suppose.I'm a villain now? lol

You can call me selfish if you want I guess. In this sense, I suppose you'er right. If it such news doesn't affect me and mine, then I'd just as soon ignore it.

I imagine you have a Me vs. the world attitude?Me vs. The World? Hmm...not sure. I mean, I don't think the world is out to get me or anything. Care to elaborate?

Crazy Asian
07-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Ran either you're turning into a depressed maniac or you really dont give a crap about anything other then yourself. lol

Specsteve
07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm a villain now? lol

You can call me selfish if you want I guess. In this sense, I suppose you'er right. If it such news doesn't affect me and mine, then I'd just as soon ignore it.

Me vs. The World? Hmm...not sure. I mean, I don't think the world is out to get me or anything. Care to elaborate?

I apologize I didn't mean to call you a villain. A villain is someon who commits crime etc, and you obviously (or at least to my knowledge haha) have not done that. I just meant more or less villains are always only watching out for themselves, which is why many of them get into power.

More or less what I meant with me vs. the world was that you would not go out of your way to help someone unless it benefitted you? I could be completely wrong but I am a type of person that unless someone gives me a reason not too, I will do my best to help if they need anything.

I bet you are a fan of a lot of Darwin's idealogoy? hahah

Ran
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I apologize I didn't mean to call you a villain. A villain is someon who commits crime etc, and you obviously (or at least to my knowledge haha) have not done that. I just meant more or less villains are always only watching out for themselves, which is why many of them get into powerNot offense taken, but such people are also the ones ruling the world and living the good life. Perhaps it pays to be a villain?

More or less what I meant with me vs. the world was that you would not go out of your way to help someone unless it benefitted you? I could be completely wrong but I am a type of person that unless someone gives me a reason not too, I will do my best to help if they need anything.Check my post above. I edited it with an example of my non-villain side. :D

I bet you are a fan of a lot of Darwin's idealogoy? hahahSurvival of the fittest? Absolutely.