PDA

View Full Version : 2007 STI vs. 2004 STI

Ronsam2006
07-07-2008, 02:13 PM
The only reason im posting this is because its nice to see a comparison of a previous model to a newer model.

2007 STI
Bone stock with boost gauge
I was driving
-2 people including driver

2004 STI
Intake and exhaust as far as I know
Im not saying who it was as he is not on the forums, but his car shoots a flame on decelaration almost everytime. Supposedely not tuned.
-3 people including driver

20 roll - He got me by 1 car as we only went up to 80 or so.

40 roll - He got me...misshifted. But he would have pulled.

60 roll - Neck and neck until 110

Couple things we learnt...
2007 sti seems to have slightly longer gears
Exhaust on STI really gives it some low speed torque

blindF
07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Haha, you guys JUST learned that? There are a couple things different on the 07's from the 04's.

Longer gears(3rd and 4th are longer)
Better flowing heads
Different turbo(VF43 instead of the original VF39)
And some other upgrades.

Upgrading an STi or any turbo car will increase it's power, lol not just low speed torque. If you own an STi I recommend you check out wrxatlanta, because you sound like a complete noob right now.

1SLWPOS
07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
el oh el

UpSideDownDesi
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
so u think u could have taken either one in ur Talon?

Ronsam2006
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Haha, you guys JUST learned that? There are a couple things different on the 07's from the 04's.

Better flowing heads
And some other upgrades.

Upgrading an STi or any turbo car will increase it's power, lol not just low speed torque. If you own an STi I recommend you check out wrxatlanta, because you sound like a complete noob right now.
LOL its not my car. But he doesn't know much about it either. IDK...

But I didn't know that modding a car could increase its HP? Thanks for the tip :goodjob:

The reason I said low speed torque was because at the 40 roll....he put at least 1 car on me...but at the 60 roll...it was neck and neck. We were both brake boosting.

blindF
07-07-2008, 03:39 PM
LOL its not my car. But he doesn't know much about it either. IDK...

But I didn't know that modding a car could increase its HP? Thanks for the tip :goodjob:

The reason I said low speed torque was because at the 40 roll....he put at least 1 car on me...but at the 60 roll...it was neck and neck. We were both brake boosting.
Well, tell your friend to visit wrxatlanta. Because if he's as clueless as you, he's in need of some serious help. An exhaust on an STi will increase it's hp and tq. I bet you ran Justin huh? Dude with the sliver STi haha.

From a 60, he would or could be in 3rd or 4th. Reason why you kept up was due to the 07's longer gears. You said that the 04 only had an intake and exhaust, correct? Well, haha, those mods aren't anything speical. He's lucky if he gained 10-15whp. I bet he has a cool sounding bov too, eh? And you guys wereeven til 110, right? Well you'd still be in 4th and he would be going into 5th. The 07 being stock would hurt your topend, he has an exhaust and intake, those may not be insane mods but are good onse to increase your topend alittle. Thus the reason why he's pull after 110.

Brake boosting wouldn't really help that much on stock turbo. TRUST ME. Good runs, a video would really help out the description you're trying to make out. Tell your 04 friend to check out wrxatlanta too, he sounds like a complete noob as well.

AirMax95
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Hmm.....

Opening the Exhaust on the EJ motors yields a pretty good gain. When you say exhaust, are you refering to a catback, or a full Turboback (downpipe, midpipe, catback)?

blindF
07-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Hmm.....

Opening the Exhaust on the EJ motors yields a pretty good gain. When you say exhaust, are you refering to a catback, or a full Turboback (downpipe, midpipe, catback)?
I doubt this guy knows the answer :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Ronsam2006
07-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I doubt this guy knows the answer :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Lol i like how you are trying to make me seem like a noob....he had a 3in turbo back. He really needed a tune....in this other killsforum thread, i read this 04 sti had something done to his ecu as well.

BlindF - I am not an STI fanboy or anything. Its a nice car, but then again its just my friend's new car. I like DSMs and Evos.

osiriskidd
07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Lol i like how you are trying to make me seem like a noob....he had a 3in turbo back. He really needed a tune....in this other killsforum thread, i read this 04 sti had something done to his ecu as well.

BlindF - I am not an STI fanboy or anything. Its a nice car, but then again its just my friend's new car. I like DSMs and Evos.

i like evo's...

dsm's however...

MR2DR
07-07-2008, 06:36 PM
i like evo's...

dsm's however...

6 bolt gsx son!! where u at? =P

osiriskidd
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
6 bolt gsx son!! where u at? =P

sooo...did you get another v8 or whaat?

redmanhart
07-07-2008, 09:20 PM

Better flowing heads
And some other upgrades.

NASIOC is an excellent resource as well. Excellent FAQ section.

TS240
07-07-2008, 09:25 PM

Better flowing heads
And some other upgrades.

Is this guy serious?

jayjaySTI
07-07-2008, 10:44 PM
lol i bet the pink neons help u a lot... why dont u run ur own focking car

jayjaySTI
07-07-2008, 10:48 PM

is ur boy tuned for the pink neons. i hear u can get good power out of them

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-07-2008, 10:52 PM
is ur boy tuned for the pink neons. i hear u can get good power out of them

Jay.. seriously dude. You are about 5'6 and 160 lbs. You aren't fooling anyone with acting like a hard ass on the internet. Just STFU.

I bet that stock 07 STI would drag your POS down the road.

jayjaySTI
07-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Jay.. seriously dude. You are about 5'6 and 160 lbs. You aren't fooling anyone with acting like a hard ass on the internet. Just STFU.

I bet that stock 07 STI would drag your POS down the road.

ur talking ****, when u got wax by a car on 24's go eat **** or better yet go eat ur fat ass *****, or go make another random ass callout

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-07-2008, 11:24 PM
ur talking ****, when u got wax by a car on 24's go eat **** or better yet go eat ur fat ass *****, or go make another random ass callout

LOL.

:lmfao: :lmfao:
you have no idea how funny it is seeing you act big on the internet after I've met you in person and you didn't as so much as even utter a sentence to me. You got a mad napoleon complex kid.. which is understandable considering the slow car you drive and height issue you face.

Oh, and that car on 24's also outran a new GT500 a while back...and has been low 11's at the track.

I don't feel so bad.

jayjaySTI
07-07-2008, 11:38 PM
LOL.

you have no idea how funny it is seeing you act big on the internet after I've met you in person and you didn't as so much as even utter a sentence to me.

Oh, and that car on 24's also outran a new GT500 a while back...and has been low 11's at the track.

I don't feel so bad.

thats all u got how focking sad, is all good do at least i dont have to waste my time with ur fag ass... go make another gay callout

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-07-2008, 11:43 PM
thats all u got how focking sad, is all good do at least i dont have to waste my time with ur fag ass... go make another gay callout

How about you step up and run me?

What a joke that would be.

Ronsam2006
07-07-2008, 11:57 PM
lol i bet the pink neons help u a lot... why dont u run ur own focking car
Are you fuccking serious? I try to keep away from fagg0ts like you, but yet you still come back with some gaay shiit. Ill drive whatever car I fuccking want...what does that have to do with you?

Maniac4
07-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Hey thacker, stop beating around the bush and just suck Ronsam's diick.

Maniac4
07-08-2008, 01:00 AM
I bet that stock 07 STI would drag your POS down the road.That's impossible.

Even a WRX with a turboback exhaust could beat a STOCK 07 STi. You have no facts to back up your little pathetic excuse of a comeback. Stick to your sad GED(General Educational of Diick) knowledge.

Maniac4
07-08-2008, 01:05 AM
The only reason im posting this is because its nice to see a comparison of a previous model to a newer model.

2007 STI
Bone stock with boost gauge
I was driving
-2 people including driver

2004 STI
Intake and exhaust as far as I know
Im not saying who it was as he is not on the forums, but his car shoots a flame on decelaration almost everytime. Supposedely not tuned.
-3 people including driver

20 roll - He got me by 1 car as we only went up to 80 or so.

40 roll - He got me...misshifted. But he would have pulled.

60 roll - Neck and neck until 110

Couple things we learnt...
2007 sti seems to have slightly longer gears
Exhaust on STI really gives it some low speed torqueTwo ricer/noobs = epic humor.

I bet it was Justin who ran you. Right? He's running a TBE with NO EM. Which means, it's running alittle bit faster than stock.

Ronsam2006
07-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Hey thacker, stop beating around the bush and just suck Ronsam's diick.
HAHAHAHAHA.....like you suck jays cocck...how long have you guys been going out? You are ***** with all the drama in the WL right? GTFO

Maniac4
07-08-2008, 01:15 AM
HAHAHAHAHA.....like you suck jays cocck...how long have you guys been going out? You are ***** with all the drama in the WL right? GTFOYou stupid ass noob. Way before you became a member I would make a callout EVERY WEEKEND. You don't know shiit. Don't try to throw my insult back at me. You'll lose!

I have way too much intellect for you. I'd school you, online and in real life. I would walk your Talon. You also laugh because it's true. Thacker is your little butt buddy... how adorable. STFU kid, you're a nobody.

Maniac4
07-08-2008, 01:19 AM
And ronsam. While you're readin my posts, try to come up with something witty and creative. I've owned you countless times before. You're just too dumb to outsmart me. Dont be mad cause your intelligence level is less than you age. Not my fault.

Ronsam2006
07-08-2008, 01:22 AM
You stupid ass noob. Way before you became a member I would make a callout EVERY WEEKEND. You don't know shiit. Don't try to throw my insult back at me. You'll lose!

I have way too much intellect for you. I'd school you, online and in real life. I would walk your Talon. You also laugh because it's true. Thacker is your little butt buddy... how adorable. STFU kid, you're a nobody.
Ohh....I'll lose...ohhh damn. Shut the fucck up faag. GO back to the WL and argue with people there. Jay is YOUR C0CK BUDDY. Please GTFO.

Maniac4
07-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Great comeback.

I can see you're almost done here...

Maniac4
07-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Ohh....I'll lose...ohhh damn. Shut the fucck up faag. GO back to the WL and argue with people there. Jay is YOUR C0CK BUDDY. Please GTFO.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

omg!

HOW FUCCKING WEAK!!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Maniac4
07-08-2008, 01:26 AM
Hey dude, just stop. Don't even try me, you can't win! Not even your soul mate thacker can own me. And he's alittle better at talking shiit than you.

Ronsam2006
Great comeback.

I can see you're almost done here...
How ironic.

Maniac4
How ironic. :lmfao: Okay...

blindF
07-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Is this guy serious?

Why wouldn't I be?

black_e92
07-08-2008, 02:26 AM
just curious what car on 24's beat the GTO?

S II K
07-08-2008, 02:26 AM
wow you barely beat an 04 sti? my little n/a s2k beat the same sti you ran from a dig and beat it by two cars...sti's are some weak @ss sh1t...maniac and everyone in this thread are gay go play in traffic, or each others balls.

Maniac4
07-08-2008, 02:28 AM
wow you barely beat an 04 sti? my little n/a s2k beat the same sti you ran from a dig and beat it by two cars...sti's are some weak @ss sh1t...maniac and everyone in this thread are gay go play in traffic, or each others balls.Will, go hop in your little s2k, blast your spice girls cd and drift off a cliff. Don't forget to double clutch on your way out.

S II K
07-08-2008, 02:48 AM
Will, go hop in your little s2k, blast your spice girls cd and drift off a cliff. Don't forget to double clutch on your way out.

nah i like the barbie girl song better...i think they're called aqua or something. how about this...i blast barbie girl as i rape your little awd wannabee sti from a dig..that sound good f@g muffin? wait i might hurt your little wrx too bad and but it back in the shop for years....AGAIN.

pjb2006
07-08-2008, 01:55 PM
That's impossible.

Even a WRX with a turboback exhaust could beat a STOCK 07 STi. You have no facts to back up your little pathetic excuse of a comeback. Stick to your sad GED(General Educational of Diick) knowledge.

wrong, i used to have an 05 wrx with all bolt ons (intake, bov, turbo back, lw crank pulley) running untuned. i ran several stock sti's, from 04-05 and 06-07 gens. their def faster than wrx's, but a tuned stage 2 wrx would take a stock sti no problem. friend of mine has an 06 wrx tr, tuned stage 2 making 260whp. not slow by any means

AirMax95
07-08-2008, 02:11 PM
This thread has gone to shiat.......damn!