PDA

View Full Version : Went To The Varsity Meet After A Year

Brett
07-07-2008, 06:17 AM
So Thursday night Jaime gives me a call around 8:00 and tells me I need to come down to the Varsity meet, Cause its packed. Now, I havent been to the "V" Meets since before I sold the Civic last May... so Its been a minute since I have been. But he then tells me Julio is also there ~jaw drops~ cause he hasnt been on close to 2 years so I jump in the 'ol S2k at 8:30 and I am happy to say I went from Cumming to the Varsity in 28 minutes flat. Not to shabby if I say so myself.

Was good to see alot of people I havent seen in a while and met a few I never met off here. :goodjob:

I forgot how big those meets are

Leisa
07-07-2008, 07:00 AM
again, you sold the car June 18th...

yogi08
07-07-2008, 07:01 AM
LOL! owned by the old lady :D

ShooterMcGavin
07-07-2008, 08:15 AM
brett's memory not so good these days.... :D

Brett
07-07-2008, 08:30 AM
:blah: get back in the kitchen woman!!!

~runs~

Ran
07-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Good to finally meet you man. I meant to introduce myself to Julio, but we took off before I got the chance. :)

Ruiner
07-07-2008, 08:54 AM
After seeing the pics at the V, I'm glad that I no longer go...

aaronfelipe
07-07-2008, 08:57 AM
You sold the civic?!?!?

Ran
07-07-2008, 09:00 AM
After seeing the pics at the V, I'm glad that I no longer go...Like with anything, it's hit-n-miss. Go with the right people and it can be a lot of fun.

BTW, what was with all the @sshats taking up 2-3 spaces? Seemed like they were all shop cars too. Balanced, Tophat, ect... Way to make your shop look like a bunch of douchebags. :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
07-07-2008, 09:08 AM
After seeing the pics at the V, I'm glad that I no longer go...

Props. I went one time. Met up with Brett and few other cool folks there. But that was the last time I thought of going. Later, QD.

Jimmy B
07-07-2008, 10:00 AM
yea, i went a few times years ago.. i guess i grew out of that scene....

Crazy Asian
07-07-2008, 10:36 AM
V meets. LOLOL!

Evil Goat
07-07-2008, 10:56 AM
congratulations? :slap:

Vteckidd
07-07-2008, 10:59 AM
yeah i noticed at the last meet Shops taking up like 6 spaces .

I mean its cool to come out an show off your cars, but it isnt NOPI and most of the people at the V arent going to look for a shop to go to.

But to each his own.

Evil Goat
07-07-2008, 11:03 AM
any advertisement is better than no advertisement

AlanŽ
07-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I completely forgot this month so i'll have to wait till next month.

Brett
07-07-2008, 11:36 AM

Yeah I dont miss the meets at all, but figured id just go check it out, wanted to take the car out anyways for a drive

Ran
07-07-2008, 11:47 AM
yeah i noticed at the last meet Shops taking up like 6 spaces .

I mean its cool to come out an show off your cars, but it isnt NOPI and most of the people at the V arent going to look for a shop to go to.

But to each his own.It's just rude and inconvenient for everyone. Especially since the V-Meet is usually already packed as Hell. Be considerate and keep spots open for people.

Jecht
07-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Lol @ V meets. I go every now and then, but normally its only to talk to friends that I don't get to see too much.

Ran
07-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Lol @ V meets. I go every now and then, but normally its only to talk to friends that I don't get to see too much.That's what it's all about. Me, Nemesis, our girlfriends, and some other guys went to Taco Mac after the meet and chilled there for a while. Nothing stupid happened and we all had a pretty good time. :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
07-07-2008, 12:16 PM
That's what it's all about. Me, Nemesis, our girlfriends, and some other guys went to Taco Mac after the meet and chilled there for a while. Nothing stupid happened and we all had a pretty good time. :goodjob:
i'm skeptical.... :D

Jecht
07-07-2008, 12:21 PM
That's what it's all about. Me, Nemesis, our girlfriends, and some other guys went to Taco Mac after the meet and chilled there for a while. Nothing stupid happened and we all had a pretty good time. :goodjob:

I usually end up talking to you guys until you leave, then wandering around looking at cars with blank cd and RobbieDA until we get bored. :goodjob:

collins
07-07-2008, 01:05 PM
So Thursday night Jaime gives me a call around 8:00 and tells me I need to come down to the Varsity meet, Cause its packed. Now, I havent been to the "V" Meets since before I sold the Civic last May... so Its been a minute since I have been. But he then tells me Julio is also there ~jaw drops~ cause he hasnt been on close to 2 years so I jump in the 'ol S2k at 8:30 and I am happy to say I went from Cumming to the Varsity in 28 minutes flat. Not to shabby if I say so myself.

Was good to see alot of people I havent seen in a while and met a few I never met off here. :goodjob:

I forgot how big those meets are

yeah man, sorry you missed me! i was already at the lake for the weekend :D

btw, what was teh last meet you went to before the v? was it hooters?

Brett
07-07-2008, 01:24 PM
yeah man, sorry you missed me! i was already at the lake for the weekend :D

btw, what was teh last meet you went to before the v? was it hooters?

I saw Justine, She pulled up to say by to Jamie and I was next to him as she left. Yeah the last meet was the Hooters we had the UC meet at, and before that...... :thinking:

lol

Julio
07-07-2008, 04:28 PM
It was def weird being there ater so long.. and brett it was 03 last time I went.. lol... not 2 years ago.. haha

I actually saw some nice cars.. I would be tempted to say.. Better then last time I was up there in 03.. def seing some old faces is always good and meeting new folks was also cool...

rupertaker
07-07-2008, 05:13 PM
It was def weird being there ater so long.. and brett it was 03 last time I went.. lol... not 2 years ago.. haha

I actually saw some nice cars.. I would be tempted to say.. Better then last time I was up there in 03.. def seing some old faces is always good and meeting new folks was also cool...

yea there have been some cars up there the last few times I've been.

also it was nice meeting you Julio, I was with Justin.

Reaper
07-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I saw brett pull in, I heard Jamie was there and I meant to say hey to Julio cuz I saw his car.(the tag clearly gave it away lol)

Decided to hit up Rays hookah bar up the street right afterwards haha

Glad to meet several of ya'll and put some names to some faces..and see some old ones:goodjob:

0p7!mu5
07-07-2008, 08:07 PM
one of these days im gonna get my ass up there i keep hearing mixed reviews.. bp is gettin old

0p7!mu5
07-07-2008, 08:23 PM
one of these days im gonna get my ass up there i keep hearing mixed reviews.. bp is gettin old

OneSlow5pt0
07-07-2008, 08:33 PM
damn didnt know u were there,i would have said hey..didnt see u either ran,did see nem

Leadfoot_mf
07-07-2008, 11:18 PM
yep decent meet.

yogi08
07-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Is the V-meets a basically organized by IA members? JW, never been... soon though... we hear about it here in statesboro :)

redgst97
07-08-2008, 12:30 AM

Toys r Us!!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
07-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Toys r Us!!!!!

THEN KOHL'S!!!!! Lolol. No one and I mean no one will EVER top the Toy's R Us meets back in 2000. At least 200 cars every Saturday night without a problem from members or outsiders. Police hung out with us. Later, QD.Later, QD.

Brett
07-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Toys r Us!!!!!

Those were the days even the old Hybrid Meets :D

LeX
07-08-2008, 07:20 AM
I haven't been to the V in a while... keep saying i'll go but it's been many months. It's so damn crowded now though

Tech5
07-08-2008, 08:10 AM
I need to go back an kick ANTS a$$ j/k !!! BTW I want my new X-Runner BTW so bring it back home!

blaknoize
07-08-2008, 08:41 AM

GEEZ it was that long? I coulda swore I saw u in a lesser time than that.

blackboi50
07-08-2008, 08:53 AM
wow.....brett at the V.......maybe u should surprise everyone next month too......imma try and make that one.....havent been in a while!!!!.......1

Ruiner
07-08-2008, 09:45 AM
The last one that I went to was probably 2 years ago...and you had an entire parking lot full of immature idiots and wanna-be thugs. I was amazed...it's like high school, but with all the summer school people instead; more anti-social miscreants and whatnot.

I'm just waiting for someone to get shot because some "bad ass" KID talks **** to the wrong person. Oh, the joy...

ShooterMcGavin
07-08-2008, 11:40 AM
The last one that I went to was probably 2 years ago...and you had an entire parking lot full of immature idiots and wanna-be thugs. I was amazed...it's like high school, but with all the summer school people instead; more anti-social miscreants and whatnot.

I'm just waiting for someone to get shot because some "bad ass" KID talks **** to the wrong person. Oh, the joy...
think the V meet is considered a "public gathering"? you know what i'm talking about ;)

Brett
07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
wow.....brett at the V.......maybe u should surprise everyone next month too......imma try and make that one.....havent been in a while!!!!.......1

Lemme know if you all go, I can come out and see you guys