PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods prob a repost but i cant find a previous post... celica gts help

roscoe
07-06-2008, 10:41 PM
ok so i'm pretty green to the import scene... i've got a 2000 celica gts and i have a few mods. just seeing what performance upgrade i should do next. lookin for something under 500... here's what i got so far: injen cai, borla exhaust, b&m short shift kit, exedy clutch. thanks for any suggestions

roscoe
07-06-2008, 11:32 PM
somebody said cams but idk what do u guys think

SiRed94
07-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Well, it seems like you've about got everything engine wise... I would probably work on down-force next... you can probably find a blitz front bumper or something similar, and a nice double gt wing for under 500...

00CelicaGT
07-07-2008, 08:55 AM
NewCelica.org is where u need to be. i own a 2000 GT and just have exhuast done, cuz the 1zz & 2zz motor dont really have any real gains of power unless u go boost.

there are people wit 5 or 6 grand in there GTS and are bearly making 200WHP, they are far and few. i made the decision wit my celica i would go wit all suspension mods instead of trying to mod something that will have no real gains as far as power. so if i where u i would look into the blitz SC kit they sell for the GTS or look into going turbo.

to be quite honest i feel the Blitz SC kit is a waste cuz they cost like $3,500 (not including shipping) and people are only making like 215-225WHP wit supporting mods and atleast 8-10hrs. of tuning. if u spend the same amount on a turbo kit u will make about 250-275whp on 8-10LBS of boost and a good tune.

also MonkeyWrenchRacing.com has a ton parts for our cars. might wanna check there site for internals, cam, high & low compression pistions, valve, valve springs etc... they are reasonably priced and probably the only site i know that sell internals for the 7th gen celica. Good Luck wit ur dicision though.

roscoe
07-08-2008, 08:38 AM
hey thanks alot for all the info and links. this is just what i needed!!!

Bruce Leroy
07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Well, it seems like you've about got everything engine wise... I would probably work on down-force next... you can probably find a blitz front bumper or something similar, and a nice double gt wing for under 500...

Sarcasm?

integra82786
08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
if you want to get better down force, I would lower it instead. personally nothing looks worse to me than a car cruising down the road with an aftermarket front bumper and stock rear end and side skirts. if your gonna buy a body kit, get the WHOLE body kit. if you don't want to lower it yet then I would recommend moving inside the motor. cams are an easy way to get a little extra power, might cost a little more than $500 if you can't install them yourself though.

00CelicaGT
08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
^^^No need to bring this thread back from the dead, i gave him all the info he needs.