PDA

View Full Version : Nothing But Problems

Farrow2005
07-06-2008, 09:07 PM
1995 acura integra RS auto.

So, i have had my car since September of 07. and it has had kinda funky idel. it has been getting worse ever month. now when im at red lights it acts like it wants to cut out. and when i give it gas, it just put puts along till about 2500. like i have to almsot floor it its really bad when it is in a drive gear. but when it is in park its not so bad.... could it be a tranny problem?? all my fluids are filled.

any help? around town? cant be bad gas. i go to the same BP "company gas card" any help at all? please.

j0nbunklah0m
07-06-2008, 09:16 PM
do u have a check engine light on?

Farrow2005
07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
The CEL is not on.

Farrow2005
07-07-2008, 07:25 AM
So this morning it started up fine... got about a block up the street and started doing the shudder thing, I'm thinking today after work ill change out the fuel filter.. since i have one. recheck my belts a pulleys, they all looked fine to me.... any other ideas???

suprapower
07-07-2008, 08:52 AM
im gonna go with your tranny is ****ed dude. at least ur low gears anyways

Motivation
07-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Does it start to pull harder when you get up in RPMs? And maybe about fifth it just feels like it's dying? Mine did it for a while. It would cut off on me sometimes unless I had foot on gas, and feel real sluggish until around 2.5k or 3k rpm. It was two teeth off on timing on the pulley

Farrow2005
07-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah, right after 3k it picks up. if i try and give it more than half gas it feels real sluggish. but as soon as it gets past 2.5 3k its fine again. so its my timing... new belt and water pump time i guess??? ill see what i can come up with.

----edit----

how much long could i drive on it? it start lastnight. THE BELT MUST BE CHANGED!!! is all i can say i dont care what any one says. but i dont get payed till the 15th..

FRYLOCK
07-07-2008, 02:12 PM
timing is ur problem say timing retards after 3 grand check your belt and ur distributor possibly need spark wires a new cap and rotor or it could be the iacv. Idle air control valve take it out and clean it. It is located right under the throttle body

Motivation
07-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah, right after 3k it picks up. if i try and give it more than half gas it feels real sluggish. but as soon as it gets past 2.5 3k its fine again. so its my timing... new belt and water pump time i guess??? ill see what i can come up with.

----edit----

how much long could i drive on it? it start lastnight. THE BELT MUST BE CHANGED!!! is all i can say i dont care what any one says. but i dont get payed till the 15th..

You might not need a new belt. Try advancing the timing first with the distributor. If not, remove belt, then take spark plug out on first cylinder, turn crank until first piston is all the way up make sure your pulley is in the right position, like I said you could only be one or two teeth off, and put belt back on. it might not take any money. I drove mine for about a week with retarded timing. it sucks at almost 100 miles a day. Not sure how good it is for the motor, but sooner would probably be better.

Killer
07-07-2008, 04:04 PM
timing is ur problem say timing retards after 3 grand check your belt and ur distributor possibly need spark wires a new cap and rotor or it could be the iacv. Idle air control valve take it out and clean it. It is located right under the throttle body

the iacv is normally on the back of, or underneath the intake manifold... and for sure is on a b series... it may need to be cleaned or replaced

FITV fast idle thermo valve is located under the throttle body on the b18...... there is a "screw" inside the back of the fitv (there is a little cover on the back of it that you have to take off to adjust this "screw") that is probably loose... and you can tighten it..

do a search for it on ia or google.. and you should find step by step instructions...

Farrow2005
07-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Wow all of you GREAT help!

i today has been a bad/good day. car was all ****y today, but when i went home for lunch, i found my lost wallet with a little over a 100 bucks in it. (has been missing since halloween). so im going to get a new belt any way, along with water pump since im down there any ways. all deff check both IACV, and FITV. if that dont fix it first. then new belt blah blah. Killer i got a shop manual and found all of what u stated. going to have friends help me if i dont get it. REPS for all!

Killer
07-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Wow all of you GREAT help!

i today has been a bad/good day. car was all ****y today, but when i went home for lunch, i found my lost wallet with a little over a 100 bucks in it. (has been missing since halloween). so im going to get a new belt any way, along with water pump since im down there any ways. all deff check both IACV, and FITV. if that dont fix it first. then new belt blah blah. Killer i got a shop manual and found all of what u stated. going to have friends help me if i dont get it. REPS for all!

both iacv and fitv should be something you can do yourself... they are kinda in tight spots... but i worked on both of mine... with basically no prior knowledge of them.. and not much on engines at all... gl!!

Farrow2005
07-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Ok, started working on it today after work... 630pm. ummm well, its off by a tooth, the belt is lose as FUCC. so going to buy a new one tomorrow after work, and possibly have it fixed. but i have to take off the motor mount, and blah, blah. other than that, I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE!!!! any one in or around the Columbus are wanna help? 5-6ish PM. my problem is i don't have all the tools. i got a small 2 ton jack. and some stands.

Motivation
07-09-2008, 11:11 AM
PM'd bro