PDA

View Full Version : Misc how much am i looking to save for a cancun trip?

Schugg
07-05-2008, 08:47 PM
not sure where i would post this but im planning on going to Cancun, mexico with my wife next year. just checking to see if anyone here has been there and done alot of stuff and how much the whole trip ended up costing them. a few of the main things my wife wants to do are swimming with dolpins (:gay:), scubadiving, parasailing, and maybe a few other things. not sure what all they have there. mainly just want to get a close amount on how much i need to save. or if there is anything recommend while were there or advice, that would be nice.

SampaGuy
07-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I was there last year and it was like paradise. Seriously. You should go to cozumel at least for one day, the ferry ride is like 45 min and was less than $50 for a round trip. I stayed at an amazing 5 star resort with all inclusive food and alcohol and after airfare it probably cost us close to $2.5k per person for one week. You could probably do it cheaper. Google Gran Bahia Principe in Tulum, thats where we stayed, it was awesome.

Here are my pictures when i went, most of the ones i posted were of cozumel though:
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132899

SixSquared
07-06-2008, 01:26 AM
I went for my senior trip and was blowing through an EASY $150 a day. It's expensive, but fun. See if you can get with a travel company of some sort.. their packages can save you some money. When I went, we all got a "party pass" which gave us at least 3 free drinks per night, and 2 nights we had open bar. They also had a ruins/sightseeing package, but we weren't interested cause we were there to party lol.

Schugg
07-06-2008, 01:37 AM
thanks, yeah probably can get it a good bit cheaper. if i booked flights now it would only be 556 per person before all the tax and whatever, then 661 with it. if i book it a few months before it ended up being like 900 something. then im sure we wont be staying at a 5 star resort the whole time. she looked at an inclusive holiday inn which was only 164 a night and was happy, may get something nicer for one night or something. i looked the place you said up but i couldnt get any pricing

Schugg
07-06-2008, 01:44 AM
I went for my senior trip and was blowing through an EASY $150 a day. It's expensive, but fun. See if you can get with a travel company of some sort.. their packages can save you some money. When I went, we all got a "party pass" which gave us at least 3 free drinks per night, and 2 nights we had open bar. They also had a ruins/sightseeing package, but we weren't interested cause we were there to party lol.

my wife just said something about looking into a travel agency, we probably will go out and party at least once or twice. but mainly just going to do one of the things i listed a day then do whatever with the rest of our time. im sure we will do plenty partying in our room..haha

SixSquared
07-06-2008, 09:55 AM
my wife just said something about looking into a travel agency, we probably will go out and party at least once or twice. but mainly just going to do one of the things i listed a day then do whatever with the rest of our time. im sure we will do plenty partying in our room..haha

http://www.vacationexpress.com/ There's the company I used when I went my senior year. It was a good company... dude met us right off the plane, gave us good advice about local culture, and made sure we were set up with our party passes and everything. :)

MistaCee
07-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Its fairly cheap. My cousin and her BF just went down there. Lots of things to do I plan on going next summer.