ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 02:19 PM
2000+ HP. 4xx cubic inches

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/LSX-Block-makes-2000HP-on_168394.htm

STOCK LS crank

Diamond pistons

LOL.

Yea, as if we needed more proof.

And the sad thing is... that motor would be absolutely streetable with the mild cam it has.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 02:30 PM
ummm ok i would still take a supra over a ls powered anything

Echonova
07-05-2008, 02:34 PM
This isn't the video section asshat.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 02:35 PM
This isn't the video section asshat.

No, but this is the section that is filled with idiots that still think imports can compete at anything.

Revmaynard
07-05-2008, 02:36 PM
If you're such a domestic fanboy gtfo off IMPORT Atlanta.

Revmaynard
07-05-2008, 02:37 PM
No, but this is the section that is filled with idiots that still think imports can compete at anything.

Let's see that outhandle a Ferrari or something. All cars are good for different reasons, whether or not it's performance.

Echonova
07-05-2008, 02:38 PM
No, but this is the section that is filled with idiots that still think imports can compete at anything.True:(

green91
07-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Definitely nice numbers but out of reach of 99% of people out there, it has ALOT of money invested into it.

Echonova
07-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Let's see that outhandle a Ferrari or something. All cars are good for different reasons, whether or not it's performance.Wrong.

GTO = greatest car of all time

redrumracer
07-05-2008, 02:39 PM
ummm ok i would still take a supra over a ls powered anything
hmmmm thats fail dont knock the lsx's just because of one person

Revmaynard
07-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Wrong.

The almighty Grand Am, I mean Goat.

green91
Wrong.

Truf. A Non-GM, GM. Just like Pontiac Vibe.

AlanŽ
Again like I said the more you post the more you continue to prove how much of a tool you really are.

Wrong.

Not according to Nissan Sean

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 02:43 PM
hmmmm thats fail dont knock the lsx's just because of one person
I'm not knocking it it's just a personal prefrence is all. I will give respect and credit where credit is due. See unlike thacker here I'm a car ENTHUSIAST. Not a Domestic fanboy. I'm not gonna bash just to bash.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Definitely nice numbers but out of reach of 99% of people out there, it has ALOT of money invested into it.

The shortblock only has 6500 invested.

So for 6500, you can have a motor that will handle over 2500 hp.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm not knocking it it's just a personal prefrence is all. I will give respect and credit where credit is due. See unlike thacker here I'm a car ENTHUSIAST. Not a Domestic fanboy. I'm not gonna bash just to bash.

I am a car enthusiast too. I just know what a real import is, and it comes from Europe, and not Japan.

Echonova
07-05-2008, 02:45 PM

So for 6500, you can have a motor that will handle over 2500 hp.I can't believe you're bragging and talking sh*t about something you didn't do and had nothing to do with... and don't have. Don't talk about it. Do it.

Revmaynard
07-05-2008, 02:47 PM
I doubt it can be built that cheaply. So, prove me wrong. Otherwise you're a tool.

redrumracer
07-05-2008, 02:47 PM
yea but you got to give credit to were it is due, and i do believe the small block chevy to be the most versatile, popular, and best motor in the world.

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 02:52 PM
yea but you got to give credit to were it is due, and i do believe the small block chevy to be the most versatile, popular, and best motor in the world.
I think when you start talking about best motors it basically comes down to what you are trying to do and matter of opinoin. I do believe the SBC to be a GREAT motor though. :goodjob:

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I think when you start talking about best motors it basically comes down to what you are trying to do and matter of opinoin. I do believe the SBC to be a GREAT motor though. :goodjob:

Few years ago the LS-R motor found in the c5r was voted best motor in the world.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/13/corvette-racings-ls7-r-named-race-engine-of-the-year/

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes but your talking about a race motor.

Thought this held some merit

Are there any parts of the LS7.R shared with the LS7 in standard trim? According to the article they share 'the same architecture'. WOW! That's like saying that street tires and race tires are the same because they are black and round.

Hey who can argue with 50 motorsports engineers? Me! If they gave the award to the actual engineering of the engine, yeah, I can see it. Take a long-in-the-tooth design and make better and better. They did and it is.

blackshine007
07-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Truf. A Non-GM, GM. Just like Pontiac Vibe.
Actually, it's a pure GM model. Just not built here. Born in Austrailia. Heart from america. Like most Holden cars.

I still have to say that if I'm gonna brag about something, I'd rather brag about my power/displacement ratio being higher than 80hp/l. The average GM is around 50hp/l. It's nice that the turbo car is making over 2500 hp. Look at the money you have to spend to make it that fast. I'm almost 1000% positive that $6500 isn't gonna get you 2000+ hp. You have to invest into fuel lines, a transmission that can support it, plus the parts itself. Give up thackerLT.

Kaiser
07-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Actually, it's a pure GM model. Just not built here. Born in Austrailia. Heart from america. Like most Holden cars.

I still have to say that if I'm gonna brag about something, I'd rather brag about my power/displacement ratio being higher than 80hp/l. The average GM is around 50hp/l. It's nice that the turbo car is making over 2500 hp. Look at the money you have to spend to make it that fast. I'm almost 1000% positive that $6500 isn't gonna get you 2000+ hp. You have to invest into fuel lines, a transmission that can support it, plus the parts itself. Give up thackerLT.

Yes, it IS a pure GM model. Holden is every bit as much a part of GM as Pontiac themselves, or Saab or Open or Saturn. Born in Australia, of the Australian idea of cars, cars like the Ford Falcon, the Commodore, the Monaro, and generations of similar cars going back. The GTO has nothing to do with the Monaro, and the design house that built it didn't look to American for any kind of inspiration. They stuck with tried and true designs that WORK and work WELL and built a beautifully solid vehicle overall. If by "Heart" you mean the engine itself, well sure, but that's akin to pointing out that most (if not all for a while there) Of Chrysler's cars were actually just Mitsubishi's, and now almost all of them are Mercedes.

A thing is what it is, and the GTO was a sales failure but a beautifully built car that has absolutely nothing to do with what Americans look for in cars. The soft lines and gentle understated look of the Monaro was simply NOT what people thought of when they thought of the GTO. Because of that there was a backlash against the idea of this new GTO and people far less informed than those of us here simply decided that Pontiac had made another bad design decision. They hadn't, and have taken what they learned from that when working with Holden on the new G8 GT.

A $6500 short block...is expensive. The one-of-a-kind custome intake manifold...is expensive...What looks to be thousands and thousands of dollars in custom-setup power adders...well, obviously expensive. The tune to keep that thing from blowing up? Expensive! The fact that it is nothing more than a Dyno-cradle queen that can run up to 2048hp on a dyno run? Means next to nothing really, now if they could keep that RPM up for 10-12 seconds, producing 2048hp the whole time, we'd be discussing a little bit of a different story here, really. What that video proves is nothing except that when cranked up and run up to top speed that engine block can withstand for an extremely short period of time that stress that comes from producing a literal "ton" of horsepower. Small Block Chevy engines have been impressing people for a long time, but they're starting to fade because they refuse to move away from "what works". The new and shiny is starting to wear off.

IndianStig
07-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes, it IS a pure GM model. Holden is every bit as much a part of GM as Pontiac themselves, or Saab or Open or Saturn. Born in Australia, of the Australian idea of cars, cars like the Ford Falcon, the Commodore, the Monaro, and generations of similar cars going back. The GTO has nothing to do with the Monaro, and the design house that built it didn't look to American for any kind of inspiration. They stuck with tried and true designs that WORK and work WELL and built a beautifully solid vehicle overall. If by "Heart" you mean the engine itself, well sure, but that's akin to pointing out that most (if not all for a while there) Of Chrysler's cars were actually just Mitsubishi's, and now almost all of them are Mercedes.

A thing is what it is, and the GTO was a sales failure but a beautifully built car that has absolutely nothing to do with what Americans look for in cars. The soft lines and gentle understated look of the Monaro was simply NOT what people thought of when they thought of the GTO. Because of that there was a backlash against the idea of this new GTO and people far less informed than those of us here simply decided that Pontiac had made another bad design decision. They hadn't, and have taken what they learned from that when working with Holden on the new G8 GT.

A $6500 short block...is expensive. The one-of-a-kind custome intake manifold...is expensive...What looks to be thousands and thousands of dollars in custom-setup power adders...well, obviously expensive. The tune to keep that thing from blowing up? Expensive! The fact that it is nothing more than a Dyno-cradle queen that can run up to 2048hp on a dyno run? Means next to nothing really, now if they could keep that RPM up for 10-12 seconds, producing 2048hp the whole time, we'd be discussing a little bit of a different story here, really. What that video proves is nothing except that when cranked up and run up to top speed that engine block can withstand for an extremely short period of time that stress that comes from producing a literal "ton" of horsepower. Small Block Chevy engines have been impressing people for a long time, but they're starting to fade because they refuse to move away from "what works". The new and shiny is starting to wear off.

Most Chrysler's are based from Mercedes? Really? I'd like to see a list of Merc based Chrysler's.

Sebring...no
Pacifica...no
Caravan..no

"In 1998 Daimler-Benz purchased Chrysler, forming DaimlerChrysler AG. Chrysler Corporation then was legally renamed DaimlerChrysler Motors Company LLC, while its total operations began doing business as Chrysler Group. This was initially declared to be a merger of equals,[8] but it quickly became evident that Daimler-Benz was the dominant partner. Despite offering a range of attractive models, Chrysler went into another of its financial tailspins soon after the merger, greatly depressing the stock price of the merged firm and causing alarm at headquarters in Germany, which sent CEO Dieter Zetsche to take charge. The Plymouth brand was phased out in 2001, and plans for cost cutting by sharing of platforms and components began. The strongly Mercedes-influenced Chrysler Crossfire was one of the first results of this program. A return to rear-wheel drive was announced, and in 2004 a new Chrysler 300 using this technology and a new Hemi V8 appeared and was successful. Financial performance began to improve, with Chrysler providing a significant share of DaimlerChrysler profits due to restructuring efforts at the Mercedes Car Group. The partnership with Mitsubishi was dissolved as DaimlerChrysler divested its stake in the firm due to Mitsubishi's demand for more control in the management."

OneSlow5pt0
07-05-2008, 04:38 PM
American cars suck end of thread

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 04:57 PM
While I would absolutely love to say that same statement with you and agree with you i can't. Here's the problem I have with american cars. It doesn't matter how much they cost or the class of vehicle they all have two things in common.

1.They all look the same on the inside
2. They all feel cheap as hell on the inside

And if I am completely honest Nissan is headed down the same path.

I don't understand why when I get into a 300C I feel like I'm sitting in a Charger and vice versa. Everything about it is the same cheap dull looking crap. Take even the new Challenger. Why is it that Chrysler/Dodge couldn't come up with some new gauges to use in the damn thing other than sticking the same cheap white faced orange needles they use in the PT cruiser. The only american car that I have really been impressed with lately has been the CTS.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 05:01 PM
While I would absolutely love to say that same statement with you and agree with you i can't. Here's the problem I have with american cars. It doesn't matter how much they cost or the class of vehicle they all have two things in common.

I don't understand why when I get into a 300C I feel like I'm sitting in a Charger and vice versa. Everything about it is the same cheap dull looking crap. Take even the new Challenger. Why is it that Chrysler/Dodge couldn't come up with some new gauges to use in the damn thing other than sticking the same cheap white faced orange needles they use in the PT cruiser. The only american car that I have really been impressed with lately has been the CTS.

you've sat in a GTO and have the balls to say it feels cheap inside?

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 05:02 PM

Wow I wrote that post in response to this

Now please re-read the statement you quoted and find where I said anything about the GTO.

404 GTO NOT FOUND :screwy:

Your starting to get as bad as that NissanSean Guy.

Specsteve
07-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Wow lol Thacker you are awesome

seriosuly.

People like you still exist :lmfao:thats amazing

How is the klan doing? Also I had a few questions on Busch beer, Nascar, red meat, and the NRA. Apparently you are the expert on all the above.

How mad are you that gay pride is currently going on just a few miles away from you as I type?

You are a dying breed my friend. And for you ignorance is obviously bliss.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Wow lol Thacker you are awesome

seriosuly.

People like you still exist :lmfao:thats amazing

How is the klan doing? Also I had a few questions on Busch beer, Nascar, red meat, and the NRA. Apparently you are the expert on all the above.

How mad are you that gay pride is currently going on just a few miles away from you as I type?

You are a dying breed my friend. And for you ignorance is obviously bliss.

So you are against having pride in USA built automobiles?

Terrorist.

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 05:12 PM

Terrorist.
So basically what your saying is if anybody doesnt like something american built they are a terrorist?

Thacker all you have done is run your mouth and say the same idiotic **** over and over and over again. It's great that you like your car and that you run it but for god sakes just shut the hell up.

IP37
07-05-2008, 05:16 PM
I am a car enthusiast too. I just know what a real import is, and it comes from Europe, and not Japan.

:rolleyes:

and to think i used to drive a domestic
people like you make me glad i don't any more

Specsteve
07-05-2008, 05:20 PM

Terrorist.

Absolutely not. By no means do I hate domestics or this country, I just hate you.

My brother has a 7.0L C6 ZO6 and that car lightly modded is faster than any Supra or Skyline I have ever ridden in. Im not trying to say that GTO's or any LS motor are bad, they are great cars. I just cant understand your unneccessary bashing of Japanese imports.

Care to explain?

If you really cared about this country you would be driving a car that gets suffiecent gas mileage. By your excessive fuel consumption other hardworking, blue collar Americans are having to pay more at the pump because from what I hear gas is a little more hard to come by these days...

Farrow2005
07-05-2008, 05:20 PM
GOD damn your hard headed. GM is the suck, MOPAR!!!

there was a show on speed vision were they were test the HP on old ORIGINAL small/big block V8 and out of all of them mopar was pulling the most for stock.

and as for import, yesh theres nothing like a Porche, Ferrari, or Zonda. but then again i think you were just using that to save your ass...

I agree with Rev, you are a Tool

Farrow2005
07-05-2008, 05:24 PM

Terrorist.

on another note, you might have fisted your self in the azz right there...

IP37
07-05-2008, 05:26 PM
on another note, you might have fisted your self in the azz right there...
:lmfao:

MistaCee
If domestic had a d!ck Thacker would be sucking it.

While bragging about its size.

Specsteve
Plus you should like imports, your car will beat 98% of them in a straight line, and a good number of them in the turns. If anything imports are easy pickings to you and you should appreciate them for that aspect

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Terrorist.

Hate to break it to you but the GTO is actually an imported machine.

Farrow2005
07-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Hate to break it to you but the GTO is actually an imported machine.

0.0 shhhh your going to give the poor KID a heart attack!

Got Milk?
07-05-2008, 05:30 PM
now i wanna see that motor on a car and how long will it take to start having problems, probably not to long.

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 05:33 PM
0.0 shhhh your going to give the poor KID a heart attack!

That would make this site so much better.

Specsteve
07-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I wonder who Thacker voted for in '04 hahaha

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM

:lmfao: It was an all american move!

Farrow2005
07-05-2008, 05:37 PM

if he was smart, he voted green party.

both kerry and bush are morons.

Specsteve
07-05-2008, 05:42 PM
if he was smart, he voted green party.

both kerry and bush are morons.

South Park said it best. You can choose either between a total douchebag, or a terd sandwitch.

And look at some of the stuff he has said, we all know Thacker thinks the green party are a bunch of foreign terrorists trying to undermind America.

blackshine007
07-05-2008, 05:54 PM

Terrorist.
You don't have a vehicle in your sig that was built in America before you go running off and making that statement, unless of course you think Canada is the 51th state. You probably do, giving the lack of intelligent responses. Mazda was american built. My F150 was american built. But both of your GM cars weren't.

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 05:58 PM
You don't have a vehicle in your sig that was built in America before you go running off and making that statement, unless of course you think Canada is the 51th state. You probably do, giving the lack of intelligent responses. Mazda was american built. My F150 was american built. But both of your GM cars weren't.

I already told him lol it look like he died.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 06:02 PM

I know exactly where they were built.

The Ls1 motors were assembled in Mexico... I could go on and on about specific details but I don't have to prove Thacker > you.

The point is, it's still an American car and either way you look at it the money goes towards supporting American auto manufacturers.

You can't be that dumb about economics can you?

ironchef
07-05-2008, 06:03 PM
That 2000hp is really useful going down 85 @ 10 mph on your daily commute.

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 06:04 PM

The Ls1 motors were assembled in Mexico... I could go on and on about specific details but I don't have to prove Thacker > you.

The point is, it's still an American car and either way you look at it the money goes towards supporting American auto manufacturers.

You said its American built. I have already quoted you on it.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 06:07 PM
You said its American built. I have already quoted you on it.
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

It is an American car, from an American auto company.

Even though many Toyota's and other imports are built in America.. they are still a Japanese car.

**** you are dumb.

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 06:13 PM

Even though many Toyota's and other imports are built in America.. they are still a Japanese car.

**** you are dumb.

Lol This car was not only built somewhere else but it was also based on a non american car.

Only thing american about your pos is that it has a GM decided to put there badge on it.

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 06:13 PM

**** I are dumb.

QFT

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Lol This car was not only built somewhere else but it was also based on a non american car.

Only thing american about your pos is that it has a GM decided to put there badge on it.

My POS...

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Oh god dude... are you that jealous that it's > anything you will ever own?

I post proof that Domestics > Import, and you guys still deny it.

At least most of you came out of the closet about being fags, at least that's what most people assume when you ride around in your little imports.

Honda w/ Exhaust "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ima faggggggggggggggggggggbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 06:15 PM
My POS...

:lmfao:

Farrow2005
07-05-2008, 06:15 PM
is it safe to say, i miss autumn? i would love to HER bash this guy.

ironchef
07-05-2008, 06:16 PM
My POS...

Oh god dude... are you that jealous that it's > anything you will ever own?Get off your high horse, its a $20k car, its nothing special.

Farrow2005
07-05-2008, 06:17 PM
My POS...

I post proof that Domestics > Import, and you guys still deny it.

At least most of you came out of the closet about being fags, at least that's what most people assume when you ride around in your little imports.

Honda w/ Exhaust "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ima faggggggggggggggggggggbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

deny what?

every time you post somthing, make your self look that much dumber.

Go join a GM forum. you are NOT WANTED HERE!

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Get off your high horse, its a $20k car, its nothing special.

I was just about to say that:lmfao: Sure its better than what I have now but by the time I'm your age I will refuse to settle with a GTO as the "car of my dreams" and lifetime. I have more sense and drive than that.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 06:19 PM
deny what?

every time you post somthing, make your self look that much dumber.

Go join a GM forum. you are NOT WANTED HERE!

I just can't comprehend the mindset of the typical import owner.

Every time an import shows up at atlanta motor speedway they are the laughing stock of the entire place....

Same way when they ride around on the streets...

You guys must have one ****ing hell of an inferiority complex.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I was just about to say that:lmfao: Sure its better than what I have now but by the time I'm your age I will refuse to settle with a GTO as the "car of my dreams" and lifetime. I have more sense and drive than that.

LOL.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: In other words "I don't own anything nice at the moment but maybe one day!"

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 06:20 PM

Every time an import shows up at atlanta motor speedway they are the laughing stock of the entire place....

LOL. You also have remember the location of AMS. Everytime I go to AMS it's full of nothing but beer drinking rednecks that think anything with Ford or Chevy on them is a race car......oh wait my bad didn't mean to make fun of your brotherin. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 06:20 PM

Right now you're the laughing stock. Stop thinking your car is the ultimate sh!t. I might go rent one at hertz and test one out.

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Also as I remember there was a BPU 300ZX TT that stomped 75% of the cars at AMS last summer.

MachNU
07-05-2008, 06:23 PM

So for 6500, you can have a motor that will handle over 2500 hp.

LOL just :lmao: :lmfao: lol! I can put 2500 into my block and have it good for 1000hp, but the supporting mods is where it will run you. Cool 7grand will get you a 2k hp BLOCK, $40,000 will get you everything to put it there and handle it!

Farrow2005
07-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Your so full of your self!

a joke, Tool, FUCING CLONE!

we want you gone cuz you sound stupid as ****!!!

you bring up some of the most obvious things. like it has not been said by some other INBREED. so what your GTO is faster than my Integra. NOT implying i could not afford your car. i feel with the way the economy is WHATS the point in owning something that gets less than 20 MPG.

None the less Ironchef said it right the first time GET THE **** OVER YOU SELF YOU FUCING MEAT HEAD!

Revmaynard
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ppIDQEGx4o&feature=related

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
LOL.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: In other words "I don't own anything nice at the moment but maybe one day!"

Not maybe. When are you going to get a nice car?

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Mike you getting online tonight. I'll see if I cant round up tank and lazy for some COD4 tonight

MachNU
07-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Mike you getting online tonight. I'll see if I cant round up tank and lazy for some COD4 tonight

if you get them on then yeah i will get on for a few!

AlanŽ
07-05-2008, 06:28 PM
ok ill call tank

MistaCee
07-05-2008, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiremG_bCV4

Farrow2005
07-05-2008, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s3reo3O95g

whats done to the civic

b16
cp pistons 8.5:1 compression 82mm*
cometic 82mm head gasket*
eagle h-beam rods with arp rod bolts
arp head studs
acl bearings
golden eagle HD sleeved block
port and polish b16 head*
supertech dual springs and ti retainers
integra type r cams
skunk2 pro cam gears
hasport billet mounts
M&W Pro10 Ignition*
Crane Fireball Coil*
blox intake manifold
Skunk2 Pro Composite Fuel Rail*
Black -8 AN fittings and stainless lines*
Aeromotive Inline Fuel Pump*
hondata thermal bearier intake manifold gasket
ngk bkr7e spark plugs, and ngk plug wires
hondata s300
gm boost solenoid*
blox gold oil sandwich*
rywire obd0-obd1 jumper harness

turbo kit
CRPfab ramhorn manifold
tial 38mm wastegate
Borg Warner/Bulleye Power s362 turbo*
real greddy type s blow off valve
3 inch downpipe to a dump (open exhaust)*
custom dual backdoor intercooler
delphi 1000cc injectors*
nylon quick connect vacuum lines*
aquamist water injection kit

transmission
j1 cable b16
obx lsd
racerstev heat treated gears*
act heavy duty pressure plate
act 4 puck unsprung clutch disk
driveshaft shop stage 2.9 axles*

chassis/wheel/tire/brakes

PIC fullbodied coilovers
lovefab traction bars
spc camber kit
weld in 4 point roll bar
nrg "recaro" racing seats
corbeu 5 point camlock harness
powerslot front disks
15" rota curcuit 8's custom painted black w/anodized blue lip on mt drag radials(front) and falken azenis rt 215's (rear)*

misc

flat finish speedway blue candy paint*
jvc cd/mp3 player
sony explode 6.5 front speakers
vis carbon fiber hood usdm siR
clear corners
piaa yellow corner bulbs
luminetics yellow headlights
jdm taillights
gutted interior, deleted wiper motor

COGCaviZ24
07-05-2008, 06:32 PM
::shakes head, leaves::

Lucky DAWG
07-05-2008, 06:57 PM
2000+ HP. 4xx cubic inches

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/LSX-Block-makes-2000HP-on_168394.htm

STOCK LS crank

Diamond pistons

LOL.

Yea, as if we needed more proof.

And the sad thing is... that motor would be absolutely streetable with the mild cam it has.

What is your obsession about???
Do you just get no love anywhere else, zero friends?

tony
07-05-2008, 07:36 PM

You should really stick to thinking getting from point a to point b faster than someone else makes you better than the next person and leave the subjects that require actual intelligence to those who posses it.

Frankly, stay away from speaking on Economics.. it's too complex as you have shown.

Specsteve
07-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Im just really impressed by you Thacker, you raise such valid points, and obviously you are right, AND EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON WHO HAS POSTED IN HERE OR ON THIS FORUM IS WRONG.

See Thacker, I used all caps there to emphasis a point. I wanted to make sure you could understand that. People do that sometimes, especially when they are being cynical.
Even the other Domestic guys are laughing at you :lmfao:

And yeah GTO's cost insane money, I mean **** you got be making real money to get one...20G's!??! Wow I hope one day I can afford a mexican assembled 20,000 dollar car that gets horrible gas mileage

I used to even like GTO's, and now youve made me hate them.

Lets be cynical again:

Not only do GTO's (or any other pontiac, the sunfire's were pretty sweet right! :gay:) hold their value better than a toyota or Honda (wait what???) but they get incredible gas mileage and are MADE IN AMERICA right? Oh wait assembled in Mexico...**** well either way, GM needs to do what they can to avoid bankruptcpy I guess, and cheap, underpaid labor in another country is the American way.

No wonder other countries hate us, assholes like you give everyone a bad name.

allmotoronly
07-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Thacker are you fvcking retarded??? Its a GTO... A $30k car brand new. $30k isn't **** for a car. My fvcking Xterra was $34k new. A v6 honda accord is $30k. Half the people on this site could afford a GTO if they wanted. What makes you think you are such hot shyt???? So what, it has 400hp. It's still nothing great. The reason more people don't drive GTO's is because for one, like most american made cars they don't hold their value worth a damn. For another thing, the interior of the nicest GM vehicles are not much better than the cheapest base model chevy aveo. Don't get me wrong, I have owned quite a few GM vehicles, but when I go to spend $40k+ on a new car, I would much rather buy something that is a much higher quality.

Lucky DAWG
07-05-2008, 09:19 PM
You should really stick to thinking getting from point a to point b faster than someone else makes you better than the next person and leave the subjects that require actual intelligence to those who posses it.

Frankly, stay away from speaking on Economics.. it's too complex as you have shown.

Agree, it was a stupid statement.

It looks like you want to support some kind of Mercantilism system where we only buy American goods and don't trade with other countries. If you know history at all you would know that results in complete and utter failure of an economy.

I'm all for supporting our economy by buying some domestic goods, but i'm never going to settle for less quality simply because its American, that just gives you a whole other set of problems that still comes back to kick us in the ass being Americans as a whole.

Notice this is coming from a now Ford Owner.

I got a deal and love my truck, but i by no means bought it because it was "American", i got it because i simply liked it

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Agree, it was a stupid statement.

It looks like you want to support some kind of Mercantilism system where we only buy American goods and don't trade with other countries. If you know history at all you would know that results in complete and utter failure of an economy.

I'm all for supporting our economy by buying some domestic goods, but i'm never going to settle for less quality simply because its American, that just gives you a whole other set of problems that still comes back to kick us in the ass being Americans as a whole.

Notice this is coming from a now Ford Owner.

I got a deal and love my truck, but i by no means bought it because it was "American", i got it because i simply liked it

You got it because your parents bought it for you, kid.

Don't lie and act like you are a productive member of society.

Kaiser
07-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Most Chrysler's are based from Mercedes? Really? I'd like to see a list of Merc based Chrysler's.

Sebring...no
Pacifica...no
Caravan..no

"In 1998 Daimler-Benz purchased Chrysler, forming DaimlerChrysler AG. Chrysler Corporation then was legally renamed DaimlerChrysler Motors Company LLC, while its total operations began doing business as Chrysler Group. This was initially declared to be a merger of equals,[8] but it quickly became evident that Daimler-Benz was the dominant partner. Despite offering a range of attractive models, Chrysler went into another of its financial tailspins soon after the merger, greatly depressing the stock price of the merged firm and causing alarm at headquarters in Germany, which sent CEO Dieter Zetsche to take charge. The Plymouth brand was phased out in 2001, and plans for cost cutting by sharing of platforms and components began. The strongly Mercedes-influenced Chrysler Crossfire was one of the first results of this program. A return to rear-wheel drive was announced, and in 2004 a new Chrysler 300 using this technology and a new Hemi V8 appeared and was successful. Financial performance began to improve, with Chrysler providing a significant share of DaimlerChrysler profits due to restructuring efforts at the Mercedes Car Group. The partnership with Mitsubishi was dissolved as DaimlerChrysler divested its stake in the firm due to Mitsubishi's demand for more control in the management."

You should look into some more information from the Merc side of the viewpoint and who was doing R&D on Motors and Platforms for Chrysler. Of course the quote you have is ridiculously old anyways. There's some pretty obvious reasons why DC made the decisions it did. Nice job on finding old news that says Chrysler was returning "a significant share" of profits. I wonder what that article considers a "significant share" anyways? Regardless, the Pacifica and the Caravan aren't cars, and weren't what I was referring to. And the Seb's motor...well nevermind. Whatever. Obviously you know tons about it.

FlipKing
07-05-2008, 11:44 PM
I've had a Mazda B3000, Acura Legend, Cavalier, 94 Sentra LE, and now a 91 SE-R sentra. I bought all but the truck. Back to the point at the beginning of the thread, Thacker if you want to compare, thats great, but compare equal value. My fully modded Evo will kill your v6 mustang, and My Camaro can beat your stock civic. Get a life...I'm a mid to low 15 sec car. as are many people here. Stop rejecting races of people that can beat you and then talking **** about them, their cars. Put your camaro up against a skyline? Put your GTO up against an Evo. Then we can stop all the whining. And btw..thx for helping making gas prices as bad as they are.

ironchef
07-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Only reason he bought a GTO was cause he couldn't afford a Corvette. amirite? or AMIRITE?

VQ35 Star
07-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Only reason he bought a GTO was cause he couldn't afford a Corvette. amirite? or AMIRITE?
lol, he could have gotten a used one.

AlanŽ
07-06-2008, 12:11 AM
yourrong lol

ironchef
07-06-2008, 12:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEPyqxhBR1g <-- Thacker as a little kid, its why he's so angry with the world.

Lucky DAWG
07-06-2008, 12:28 AM
You got it because your parents bought it for you, kid.

Don't lie and act like you are a productive member of society.

is this the only part of what i said that you nitpicked???

I didn't pay for all of it no, my parents helped.
I'm fortunate enough where they can.

Not to mention i am working for a Law Firm and getting a headstart on my career in Law at the age of 19, and making plenty of money for it. So get your head out of your ass, i work plenty hard.

But that still doesn't change the fact that you have a retarded obsession for domestics and did not address any other part of my argument, i have no idea what the fact that i didn't fully pay for my truck has to do with anything.

If thats the best you got then you have a losing argument.

ILOVEKIDDRACING
07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
is this the only part of what i said that you nitpicked???

I didn't pay for all of it no, my parents helped.
I'm fortunate enough where they can.

Not to mention i am working for a Law Firm and getting a headstart on my career in Law at the age of 19, and making plenty of money for it. So get your head out of your ass, i work plenty hard.

But that still doesn't change the fact that you have a retarded obsession for domestics and did not address any other part of my argument, i have no idea what the fact that i didn't fully pay for my truck has to do with anything.

If thats the best you got then you have a losing argument.
Don't worry kid, I was the same way you are 2 years ago... and then I woke up to reality.

It will come.. in due time.

Catnip
07-06-2008, 12:41 AM
I like the grand prix when it has the matching black/polished rims better. camaro isn't too bad though.

want to race? lololol

FlipKing
07-06-2008, 12:43 AM
LMFAO. This is Thacker after realzing reality? Wow....scary to think what he would have been like before

Lucky DAWG
07-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Don't worry kid, I was the same way you are 2 years ago... and then I woke up to reality.

It will come.. in due time.

are you going to keep making claims about my age or are you going to come up with a legitimate argument.

because right now you are just making yourself look immature and out to be a jackass. You apparently have no idea what you are talking about.

d_day87
07-06-2008, 12:57 AM
wow... really thacker, you are completely retarded. seriously.

Catnip
07-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Don't worry kid, I was the same way you are 2 years ago... and then I woke up to reality..

I was the same as you are 13 years ago...

and then I woke up to your mom.
*cough* mustbeavirgin.

allmotoronly
07-06-2008, 01:16 AM
lets take a vote.

Who thinks Thacker should kill himself right now and spare us the idiocracy he has filled this site with?

Motherfvcker must have self esteem issues. All he does is try to make himself look better and talk up his car. This is the internet. Nobody cares how much of an e-thug you think you are. Nobody cares that you drive a GTO. You're still a jackass. Get over yourself.

MistaCee
07-06-2008, 08:24 AM
lets take a vote.

Who thinks Thacker should kill himself right now and spare us the idiocracy he has filled this site with?

Motherfvcker must have self esteem issues. All he does is try to make himself look better and talk up his car. This is the internet. Nobody cares how much of an e-thug you think you are. Nobody cares that you drive a GTO. You're still a jackass. Get over yourself.

Nah he make good entertainment. A dumbass like this only comes around ever 4 years. Let him stay for two terms.

Reaper
07-06-2008, 08:46 AM

yes I do think the interior of the GTO is "cheap" and I think they ride like sh*t too....but I'm spoiled with my little import....I mean after all it is just a Lexus...I mean Toyota..

My car is slow sure...better looking? to each his own...better handling? no...your car needs the suspension to handle the power in which mine lacks greatly....But mine rides better, and is more comfortable, better gas mileage(its a 5speed not a 6...and I still get better mileage than you)...I have 4 doors so I can fit more people more comfortably...etc etc etc..I could go on all day about how I prefer my little import over your domestic, but thats not why I'm posting..

I don't have an issue with Thacker overall...BUT you've backed yourself into a corner on this one..

I LOVE the LSx motors...I really do...reliable, powerful, can withstand abuse like no other...But for you to claim it better than "import" as in all imports you are sorely mistaken...

I really even shouldn't have to bring up the 2JZ which holds the RECORD for most power on a STOCK BLOCK/BOTTOM END from the FACTORY...980WHP STOCK CRANK, STOCK PISTONS etc etc etc....You run ANY kind of power like that on a STOCK LSx motor...bye bye engine...and you KNOW IT...

I'll give credit where it is due, the LSx motors are utterly incredible and frankly I want a Z06 (new or old idc) due to those motors and just how sick they f*cking are....BUT, I'd take a 2JZ or even an RB26 motor over any LS motor...why? Stronger all the way around...Granted the LS motors boosted are f'in sick..but you have to build them...

You don't have to build sh*t on an RB26 or a 2JZ-GTE to get over 700hp....

Now I know that was a 2000+hp video, blah blah blah....guess what? Build a 2JZ and sink just as much(probably less) money into it and it'll do the same f*cking thing...

In the end, your being ignorant..you are and you know it. Your just stirring up drama, which frankly just entertains me at work lol But, never the less, you've come on here to talk some sh*t about Imports...and your dead wrong.

Sure the LSx is a great motor...but its not greater than ALL imports...I know your good with doing your research, just quit acting like CNN and spinning sh*t in your favor:2cents:

MistaCee
07-06-2008, 08:55 AM
yes I do think the interior of the GTO is "cheap" and I think they ride like sh*t too....but I'm spoiled with my little import....I mean after all it is just a Lexus...I mean Toyota..

My car is slow sure...better looking? to each his own...better handling? no...your car needs the suspension to handle the power in which mine lacks greatly....But mine rides better, and is more comfortable, better gas mileage(its a 5speed not a 6...and I still get better mileage than you)...I have 4 doors so I can fit more people more comfortably...etc etc etc..I could go on all day about how I prefer my little import over your domestic, but thats not why I'm posting..

I don't have an issue with Thacker overall...BUT you've backed yourself into a corner on this one..

I LOVE the LSx motors...I really do...reliable, powerful, can withstand abuse like no other...But for you to claim it better than "import" as in all imports you are sorely mistaken...

I really even shouldn't have to bring up the 2JZ which holds the RECORD for most power on a STOCK BLOCK/BOTTOM END from the FACTORY...980WHP STOCK CRANK, STOCK PISTONS etc etc etc....You run ANY kind of power like that on a STOCK LSx motor...bye bye engine...and you KNOW IT...

I'll give credit where it is due, the LSx motors are utterly incredible and frankly I want a Z06 (new or old idc) due to those motors and just how sick they f*cking are....BUT, I'd take a 2JZ or even an RB26 motor over any LS motor...why? Stronger all the way around...Granted the LS motors boosted are f'in sick..but you have to build them...

You don't have to build sh*t on an RB26 or a 2JZ-GTE to get over 700hp....

Now I know that was a 2000+hp video, blah blah blah....guess what? Build a 2JZ and sink just as much(probably less) money into it and it'll do the same f*cking thing...

In the end, your being ignorant..you are and you know it. Your just stirring up drama, which frankly just entertains me at work lol But, never the less, you've come on here to talk some sh*t about Imports...and your dead wrong.

Sure the LSx is a great motor...but its not greater than ALL imports...I know your good with doing your research, just quit acting like CNN and spinning sh*t in your favor:2cents:

:cheers:

But knowing thracker he is just going to post a":lmfao:" and then make fun of your lexus.

Reaper
07-06-2008, 09:03 AM
:cheers:

But knowing thracker he is just going to post a":lmfao:" and then make fun of your lexus.

Make fun of it....I drive a 2002 Black on black leather Lexus IS300, 5speed, with 15% tint...dropped, used to have full bolt ons and a tune...woopddoo..its more economical, holds its value better, and personally it sounded(when modded) like sex(straight pipe off the toyotmoto header, with an hks hiper )

Sad sure, it definitely was slow as all get out and lame to some...but My car sounded better than a lot of cars on the road(IMO) and looks better too also IMO..

I'm used to the whole BS about how IMPORTS are inferior to DOMESTICS...I really don't give a sh*t..to each his own, just get your facts straight before you run your mouth.

And as much as people can knock on my IS...I'm delivering it to its new owner today (3years of having the car its time to move on)...and I may very well get a C5Z, an S2000, or a Supra...but understand they are all for one purpose...reliability, and trackability...the Supra wouldn't be the worlds fastest supra...thats been done...it'd be a domestic killer @ road atl. ;) as well as the S2k...the C5z is without a doubt the best bang for the buck, but they depreciate so fast I'm some what hesitant to get one..but hey, thats domestics for ya:D

MistaCee
07-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Make fun of it....I drive a 2002 Black on black leather Lexus IS300, 5speed, with 15% tint...dropped, used to have full bolt ons and a tune...woopddoo..its more economical, holds its value better, and personally it sounded(when modded) like sex(straight pipe off the toyotmoto header, with an hks hiper )

Sad sure, it definitely was slow as all get out and lame to some...but My car sounded better than a lot of cars on the road(IMO) and looks better too also IMO..

I'm used to the whole BS about how IMPORTS are inferior to DOMESTICS...I really don't give a sh*t..to each his own, just get your facts straight before you run your mouth.

And as much as people can knock on my IS...I'm delivering it to its new owner today (3years of having the car its time to move on)...and I may very well get a C5Z, an S2000, or a Supra...but understand they are all for one purpose...reliability, and trackability...the Supra wouldn't be the worlds fastest supra...thats been done...it'd be a domestic killer @ road atl. ;) as well as the S2k...the C5z is without a doubt the best bang for the buck, but they depreciate so fast I'm some what hesitant to get one..but hey, thats domestics for ya:D

I know I'd rather have an IS 300 than a GTO. Get a supra! If not a s2000. I love some American cars but most of the owners have a "thracker" mentality I wouldn't want to become a stereotype.

Reaper
07-06-2008, 09:13 AM
I know I'd rather have an IS 300 than a GTO. Get a supra! If not a s2000. I love some American cars but most of the owners have a "thracker" mentality I wouldn't want to become a stereotype.

Well the Supra's with lower mileage(no matter if its a 93 or a 98) are in the mid 30k's...I can fit the bill, its just a matter if I wanna pay a 1000bucks a month for a car. I'm half tempted to get a S2000 for a daily/toy...something to mod lightly and then get a supra that has higher mileage with a much lower price, that needs some work...and just make it a project...this is most likely what I'm gonna do..

But I refuse to get the "b*tch edition" and buy a N/A supra...It WILL be a GTE 6speed...probably a smaller turbo just to spool faster and will have suspension/brakes and weight reduction...something to take to the track, have fun, and be able to drive it home w/out an issue:cheers:

As far as the "Thacker mentality"...I'm a firm believer that a person makes the car, not the other way around...just because you have a fast car or whatever doesn't mean your a badass...if you believe that it does, then you have some real issues:screwy:

Thacker is a cool guy overall...outside of cars, he's actually pretty nice. I know he actually pays for his sh*t unlike a lot of people these days, and he's busted his ass getting into shape in the past year to lose 100lbs..I'm a personal trainer so that says a lot about a person to me...

He's also honest when it comes to racing and what not...as far as winning/losing he'll actually pay up if he loses(by word of mouth, idk personally). He drives a fast car and from what I can tell he can drive "well" on the 1/8th and the 1/4....there is some skill involved, so props to him. I just don't agree with saying that the LSx's are better than all Imports...cuz its just not true..

I give props where it's deserved that is all...but when it comes to import engines..your barking up the wrong tree...

MistaCee
07-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Well the Supra's with lower mileage(no matter if its a 93 or a 98) are in the mid 30k's...I can fit the bill, its just a matter if I wanna pay a 1000bucks a month for a car. I'm half tempted to get a S2000 for a daily/toy...something to mod lightly and then get a supra that has higher mileage with a much lower price, that needs some work...and just make it a project...this is most likely what I'm gonna do..

But I refuse to get the "b*tch edition" and buy a N/A supra...It WILL be a GTE 6speed...probably a smaller turbo just to spool faster and will have suspension/brakes and weight reduction...something to take to the track, have fun, and be able to drive it home w/out an issue:cheers:

The s2000 + supra plan sounds best:D GL with it hope you get em both:goodjob:

Reaper
07-06-2008, 09:19 AM
The s2000 + supra plan sounds best:D GL with it hope you get em both:goodjob:

thanks man...I'll get the s2k first...then the supra will take a while..but ne ways I'm off to meet the buyer for my car..I'll be on tonight to see the extreme bashing of my "puiny" IS300 lol

MistaCee
07-06-2008, 09:22 AM
thanks man...I'll get the s2k first...then the supra will take a while..but ne ways I'm off to meet the buyer for my car..I'll be on tonight to see the extreme bashing of my "puiny" IS300 lol

Lol cool you should have done a final photoshoot jackass.

Reaper
07-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Lol cool you should have done a final photoshoot jackass.

lol what makes you think I haven't? :taun:

MistaCee
07-06-2008, 09:25 AM
lol what makes you think I haven't? :taun:

The roids could have made you forget.:ninja:

Reaper
07-06-2008, 09:26 AM
The roids could have made you forget.:ninja:

lol anyone who has met me in person will tell you im not on roids hahahaha

If I was with the amount that I workout I would have broken my computer due to anger of the extreme stupidity of people on this forum :lmfao:

ok I'm out peace lol

MistaCee
07-06-2008, 09:27 AM

If I was with the amount that I workout I would have broken my computer due to anger of the extreme stupidity of people on this forum :lmfao:

ok I'm out peace lol

I was joking man:D Don't go all Chris Beniot on me:lmfao:

Be safe dude.

Farrow2005
07-06-2008, 09:48 AM
This guy makes me want to stay off IA. every time i look at one of his posts, the smell of **** fills the room.

AlanŽ
07-06-2008, 11:39 AM

ok I'm out peace lol
Two things happen on sterioids

1.Your head grows
2.Your balls shrink

So if you step up to the plate with a mardi gras hat and a pair of raisinetts your out! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

I agree with a lot of what Reaper said I'm sure Thacker is a decent guy but when you start making claims like the ones in this thread you had better actually be able to substantiate your claim. Which is exactly why I said I'd rather have a Supra than whatever that will be going in.

n00bsrus
07-06-2008, 01:20 PM
there's nothing wrong with domestic. import lovers are just anti america and like supporting other countries that are competing with ours economically... way to go traitors. lol i've got a corolla, but only because it was cheap as hell, and great on gas. GM's solving the gas issue though by making more fuel efficient cars now, so imports can F O. nothing beats american muscle

n00bsrus
07-06-2008, 01:20 PM
I was joking man:D Don't go all Chris Beniot on me:lmfao:

Be safe dude.

hahaha Christ Beniot was a GGGGGGG

2.3 Evo 8
07-06-2008, 04:18 PM
****, I paid $42,000 for my 08 crewmax Tundra, $22,000 for my 07 Doublecab Tacoma, and $18,000 cash for the 03 Evo. WTF was I thinking!!! I could have had a GTO for $29,995 and rode in style! What a tool I am.

87 Turbo II
07-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Thacker, there are so many places to start where I want to argue with you. Ok lets start with #1 you'd never be able to do anything with 2041 HP, I don't care how experienced you are or what tires you have, it's overkill. #2 to say something as generic as "real imports come from Europe" and that "imports can't compete at anything" is retarded in General. There are Japanese imports out their faster than your car, and there are American cars faster than your car. Deal with it, a good build is a good build. #3 I saw a video of you powershifting, I can't wait for your transmission to break, seriously, I can't, you deserve it.(that was random but it needed to be said)

Point is:

Anything can be fast with enough money, I don't care what takes less money or what the majority of faster cars are. Drive what you like and enjoy it. But you don't have to put down every other brand, origin, or engine just because the owners of those cars didn't do what you did. I can find plenty of videos of Japanese cars that'd smoke you, and you could find American cars faster than all of them probably, but give respect where ti is due.

collins
07-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Thacker are you fvcking retarded??? Its a GTO... A $30k car brand new. $30k isn't **** for a car. My fvcking Xterra was $34k new. A v6 honda accord is $30k. Half the people on this site could afford a GTO if they wanted. What makes you think you are such hot shyt???? So what, it has 400hp. It's still nothing great. The reason more people don't drive GTO's is because for one, like most american made cars they don't hold their value worth a damn. For another thing, the interior of the nicest GM vehicles are not much better than the cheapest base model chevy aveo. Don't get me wrong, I have owned quite a few GM vehicles, but when I go to spend $40k+ on a new car, I would much rather buy something that is a much higher quality.

a few parts of your post are incorrect. msrp on the gto's was more around $36-37k. not a HUGE difference, but would definately add to the monthly payment. also, you're right on par with the value... it sucks, i'll admit, but your comment on the interior... yeah i'm going to have to disagree on that one. the only complaint about my interior i have is that i wish it had heated seats... thats it. it is extremly comfy and still gives ample support. hell, i've driven a continuous 900 miles in my gto and only had to stop for gas, bathroom breaks, and food/drinks.

yes I do think the interior of the GTO is "cheap" and I think they ride like sh*t too....

i really dont understand why you think that. even in some of the lexus's and infiniti's i drive on a daily basis aren't as comfortable or nice inside as what i drive home everyday. i mean, to each his own, and i'm not saying "love my gto or die," but i think some of the ppl in here are only saying things because of how thacker has come at the topic.

also, as to the mileage thing, i will admit that it is the fault of me and me alone as to why my gto doesnt get all that great of gas mileage. many guys on the other forum i'm on are getting anywhere btw 17-19 in the city and damn near 30 on the highway. granted, its no prius, but for the power the car has, that's REALLY not that bad.

now dont get me wrong, i'm not out to bash any other car manufacturer, but i do want ppl to open their eyes to what the car really is instead of appearing just as ignorant as thacker sometimes does.

willum14pb
07-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Thacker..

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70894&stc=1&d=1195934178

Reaper
07-06-2008, 06:15 PM
a few parts of your post are incorrect. msrp on the gto's was more around $36-37k. not a HUGE difference, but would definately add to the monthly payment. also, you're right on par with the value... it sucks, i'll admit, but your comment on the interior... yeah i'm going to have to disagree on that one. the only complaint about my interior i have is that i wish it had heated seats... thats it. it is extremly comfy and still gives ample support. hell, i've driven a continuous 900 miles in my gto and only had to stop for gas, bathroom breaks, and food/drinks.

i really dont understand why you think that. even in some of the lexus's and infiniti's i drive on a daily basis aren't as comfortable or nice inside as what i drive home everyday. i mean, to each his own, and i'm not saying "love my gto or die," but i think some of the ppl in here are only saying things because of how thacker has come at the topic.

also, as to the mileage thing, i will admit that it is the fault of me and me alone as to why my gto doesnt get all that great of gas mileage. many guys on the other forum i'm on are getting anywhere btw 17-19 in the city and damn near 30 on the highway. granted, its no prius, but for the power the car has, that's REALLY not that bad.

now dont get me wrong, i'm not out to bash any other car manufacturer, but i do want ppl to open their eyes to what the car really is instead of appearing just as ignorant as thacker sometimes does.

I've driven a few GTO's, I think they are some what comfortable, but I'm just more comfortable in what was my IS300...it just felt a little cheap to me..But don't get me wrong I still think they are nice cars...my opinion has never changed b/c of how someone acts over a car...I try my best to NOT be bias, I do my judging after I have experienced it first hand. I'm glad your atleast civil about everything though:goodjob:

AlanŽ
07-06-2008, 06:48 PM
^how was the trip?

green91
07-06-2008, 07:35 PM
thacker cant dig his way outta this thread.
http://www.theborg.info/Stop%20Digging.jpg

Reaper
07-06-2008, 08:00 PM
^how was the trip?

depressing...I had to watch the IS3 drive off for the last time...now time to focus on getting outta debt and then get a new ride;)

d_day87
07-06-2008, 10:58 PM
****, I paid $42,000 for my 08 crewmax Tundra, $22,000 for my 07 Doublecab Tacoma, and $18,000 cash for the 03 Evo. WTF was I thinking!!! I could have had a GTO for $29,995 and rode in style! What a tool I am.

yep you sure could have. lol

AlanŽ
07-06-2008, 11:29 PM
depressing...I had to watch the IS3 drive off for the last time...now time to focus on getting getting a new ride then getting outta debt ;)
sounds like a plan to me.

allmotoronly
07-07-2008, 11:26 AM

Well I was talking about the base MSRP which was exactly $31,990 in 2006. The only options avaliable were: 1) 6 speed manual transmission -$695, 2) 18" aluminum 5 spoke painted wheels -$495. Even with both you are stull right at $33k.

The interior may be comfortable, but still not as good of quality as most european or asian cars of the same year in the same price range. A 06 Accord EX-L v6 has a much nicer interior than a 06 GTO. All the knobs and buttons are not cheap looking and feeling like pretty much all GM products. I have owned a few GM vehicles, and I can personally say that the interior doesn't even compare to most european/asian cars in the same price range.

I'm not trying to bash your car or anything, but thacker thinks that the GTO is the ultimate car for some reason. I was simply pointing out a few reasons why it is no better than the cars he was bashing.

sakasaku
07-07-2008, 11:35 AM
I personally think the el camino is the greatest car of all time cause its practicul and functional and the can be fast!!!!!

ThaABomb
07-08-2008, 01:21 PM
I may be a little late to this argument, but here it goes.

Sure, 2,000 HP sounds impressive by itself. However, specific power output in terms of HP/Liter is a measure of how good an engine is at using its displacement to make power, and in my opinion, provides a more objective way of comparing engines than just power alone. The car in question makes 2,000 HP with 4XX cubic inches of displacement. At best, it's 400 ci which, according to Google calculator, is roughly 6.555 L. 2,000 HP / 6.555 L = 305.1 HP/L.

A 1,000 HP Supra (2JZ engine displacement = 3.0 L) has a specific power output of 1,000 HP / 3.0 L = 333.3 HP/L.

A 1,000 HP Skyline (RB26 engine displacement = 2.6 L) has a specific power output of 1,000 HP / 2.6 L = 384.6 HP/L. Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like Japanese cars are still kicking the **** out of American cars, at least in the specific power output department.