PDA

View Full Version : exhaust ?

ATL_EG
07-05-2008, 02:12 PM
basically my p.o.s homemade exhaust(from previous owner) is making this horrible rattling sound from the resonator, any way to i guess just hollow it out?
keep in mind im broke as fvck
thx

The Youngn
07-05-2008, 02:26 PM
just run through everything to make sure there isn't and metal-to-metal contact and that all the fittings are tight. Might just be a heatshield or something that's there

frostbyte
07-05-2008, 02:54 PM
slaps forehead lol
how u gonna jus hollow it out?
yeah jus chech for metal to meatl contacts like a heatshield...

ATL_EG
07-05-2008, 03:02 PM
slaps forehead lol
how u gonna jus hollow it out?
yeah jus chech for metal to meatl contacts like a heatshield...

well if i knew i wouldn't have asked now would i? :D

it's not a heat shield tho, i pulled the exhaust off and can shake it and hear the rattle, i got no fvckin idea what it is, or how to make it stop...:cry:

Barefoot
07-05-2008, 03:32 PM
well if i knew i wouldn't have asked now would i? :D

it's not a heat shield tho, i pulled the exhaust off and can shake it and hear the rattle, i got no fvckin idea what it is, or how to make it stop...:cry:live with the rattle until u can afford some good shit.

StarBwoy
07-07-2008, 12:34 PM
got any pic of muffler

slostang
07-07-2008, 12:58 PM
just save your pennies and go to a muffler shop and have them bend you a custom one peice catback, have them weld your current muffler on and enjoy.

Truegiant
07-07-2008, 06:01 PM
SInce i am theonly one here that is actually going to answer your question. Is the resonator acces. from one of the open ends? If so just get a long extension and take a big hammer and go to town on it. The pieces will start fall out like theres no tomorrow. If its not acces. from a straight opening you can just cut out the resonator and put in a straight peice from adavanced or something with a couple of clamps for about $20 or so.. hope that helps.