PDA

View Full Version : Cars The fastest *street* BMWs n the U.S.

RJ's325ITS
07-04-2008, 10:56 PM
I dont think these videos are a repost, but these 2 E36 BMWs are making 9 sec pases....

1st 9.92
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J46gBDDm5fw

2nd 9.98
www.bmwturbo328.com/car/998run.wmv (http://www.bmwturbo328.com/car/998run.wmv)

Logan
07-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Damn fast runs.

I wonder what times 5mall5nail5 will run.

fawk_you
07-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Love the way it idles... vari nice!

Barefoot
07-05-2008, 01:30 PM
not bad

RJ's325ITS
07-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Damn fast runs.

I wonder what times 5mall5nail5 will run.

I'm not up to date on his never endless project, but I think he has to make it run, then get the full potential of the engine, and dial the car in to run fast in the track.....

So from a guy that doesnt post dynos, or a singel video of actually racing anybody; I think it will never happen... I think we will see excuses after excusesssss :lmfao:

I wish to be proven wrong and see at least a dyno by the end of this year...:goodjob:

Logan
07-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm not up to date on his never endless project, but I think he has to make it run, then get the full potential of the engine, and dial the car in to run fast in the track.....

So from a guy that doesnt post dynos, or a singel video of actually racing anybody; I think it will never happen... I think we will see excuses after excusesssss :lmfao:

I wish to be proven wrong and see at least a dyno by the end of this year...:goodjob:

I think he does it for the attention more than anything else.

I believe he will **** around with it for another year trying to work the "kinks:blah:" out of it.

I doubt it will ever be done.

speedminded
07-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Damn fast runs.

I wonder what times 5mall5nail5 will run.14 seconds. Think he'll ever get it tuned?

RJ's325ITS
07-07-2008, 08:50 AM
14 seconds. Think he'll ever get it tuned?

First... if he keeps runing MS I think it's going to bang! second he has to learn AEM before he actually tunes it, so between here and then life will flash pass by....:cheers:

DieselNuts
07-07-2008, 08:57 AM
thats crazy fast. lots of money, time and experimentation making a bimmer run in the 9s....though I must say, I hate seeing that kind of car turned into a straight up drag car...

speedminded
07-07-2008, 10:51 AM
First... if he keeps runing MS I think it's going to bang! second he has to learn AEM before he actually tunes it, so between here and then life will flash pass by....:cheers:The last engine he blew up was supposedly never tuned, he admitted to it. This build took months and all the video's I've seen of him driving it are pretuned. With a setup like that I wouldn't run it more than enough to limp it onto a trailer to the dyno yet he's out running it in full boost. I'll have watch them again but I don't see a wideband or hear anyone concerned with the A/F ratio, it's the people like that that make megasquirt or whatever standalone or piggy back they are using look bad.

speedminded
07-07-2008, 11:00 AM
thats crazy fast. lots of money, time and experimentation making a bimmer run in the 9s....though I must say, I hate seeing that kind of car turned into a straight up drag car...Ulysses's car (the burgandy one) has full interior and other than the Kosei K1's, slightly lowered, and exhaust the car is basically stock looking. With a 100% stock engine other than a thicker head gasket and studs with a monster turbo he was running mid 10's with 630+whp...and daily driving it. He eventually bent a rod after a full day on the dyno pushing it up to 704whp with a stock internal M52! He had already starting working on the engine he broke into the 9's with, completely built with about 996whp...and still remains a stock looking car :D

Elbow
07-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Quick car!

DieselNuts
07-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Ulysses's car (the burgandy one) has full interior and other than the Kosei K1's, slightly lowered, and exhaust the car is basically stock looking. With a 100% stock engine other than a thicker head gasket and studs with a monster turbo he was running mid 10's with 630+whp...and daily driving it. He eventually bent a rod after a full day on the dyno pushing it up to 704whp with a stock internal M52! He had already starting working on the engine he broke into the 9's with, completely built with about 996whp...and still remains a stock looking car :D
oh wow, i didnt know they could do that. I was looking into an E36 M3 before I got my G and did quite a bit of research and never found numbers like that....must be because I didnt look into turbos much cause I knew I'd never be able to afford it... :(