PDA

View Full Version : need some help from eclipse owners...

patch515
07-03-2008, 10:57 PM
so im looking at eclipse and buying one and im looking at years 2000-2005 manual only...is there anything i should specificlly check out on an eclipse before i buy it besides the average stuff for any car?? any hellp is appreciated

92spoolin
07-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Why would you want to buy a 3rd gen when you can get a 2nd gen. Anyway valve covers are crap on almost any of them. Lifter tick just like every other mitsu but pretty much just assume previous owner didn't know what he was doing.

sararose
07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
If you are looking to boost it later on, and be serious about it, and you don't want a headache, look for a manual GS. I can't think of anything off the top of my head in the GS's you should look for specifically - just check for the usual. It's not like the 3G's had the same infamous crank walk problem as the 1G/2G. :lmao: Happy hunting!

Here's a link on the 3G forums where the majority of Problem Reports are posted. Hope it helps! http://www.club3g.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113

Motivation
07-20-2008, 02:11 PM
The 2nd gear synchonizer went out in mine. Front motor mount broke also. But I am sure that is thanks to the previous owner. I couldn't tell when going on test drive cause everything is fine when you daily drive it. I would check all records on it before buying like you would on any car.