PDA

View Full Version : a little something i wrote.

osnap
07-03-2008, 03:09 AM
I used to do a lot of writing, but haven't in some time... I got bored tonight and decided to come up with something real quick. I'm honestly not expecting any valuable responses from WL, but just thought I'd post it here among fellow car enthusiasts to elicit at least some sort of response. :goodjob:

The roar was deafening. The brilliant HID light bathed the world in a tell-tale white as he made his presence known. His knuckles were absolutely colorless as they hugged the leather wheel, as if hanging on for dear life. The hair on his back rose with a sort of inexplicable electricity as he eagerly ripped through the gears. The adrenaline rushed recklessly through his veins, throttling his heartbeat into an unparalleled state of rapid elation. The thunderous palpitations were a seamless metronome to the voracious, primal scream of the exhaust that served as a blissful soundtrack to his drive. The motor eagerly revved as if begging for more. He was merciless. His eyes were intently focused on the red-hot pavement, as the world around it nearly melted in a hazy blur.

7,000 RPM.

8,000 RPM.

9,000 RPM.

The motor did not let up as it propelled the car gracefully around the sharp corner, the rear end nearly forgetting to play catch-up with the front. That turn had slowed him down... he grinned and shifted down with a surgeon's precision, instantly pinned helplessly to his seat as the exhaust howled in pleasure. The sweet aroma of burnt rubber teased his flared nostrils and left him wanting more. It wasn't just him who wanted more - the car begged him to slam his eager right foot on the accelerator with no regard for the outside world... and he wasn't about to disappoint.

If this wasn't heaven, it was damn close.

:burnout:

BABY J
07-03-2008, 03:13 AM
sounds slow

DJ Maestro
07-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Sounds like someone just got a new dictionary. :D

I kid of course, good work. :goodjob:

Ran
07-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Man, I haven't written things like this in years. Makes me want to start again. Nice.