PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of a fan mod ?

Nex
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Hey everyone i wanna get a response from everyone about this Fan mod. Basically creating a on/off switch for your radiator fan. Pretty much manual cooling LOL. Think it's a great idea? keeping cool at all times should help out i believe. If ya think it's a dumb mod then just say so LOL haha. This idea may have been covered before but idk im a noob to IA.

speedminded
07-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey everyone i wanna get a response from everyone about this Fan mod. Basically creating a on/off switch for your radiator fan. Pretty much manual cooling LOL. Think it's a great idea? keeping cool at all times should help out i believe. If ya think it's a dumb mod then just say so LOL haha. This idea may have been covered before but idk im a noob to IA.sure, people do it all the time when their temperature sensor goes out...or just replace the sensor :tongue:

Barefoot
07-02-2008, 07:51 PM
its a dumb "mod". i wouldnt even call it a "mod". the car controls the cars for a reason just let it do its job.

jtaylor48
07-02-2008, 08:44 PM
just leave it alone. it cools down at its own signal. plus it shortens the life of the fan.

boostleak
07-02-2008, 08:47 PM
depends, lets say your at the strip and you need your car as cold as possible before your run you would want Manuel that way your car is at least at a decent temp and you don't have to worry about it running to hot at your run.. that is if you want your best times.. now for a dd its fairly pointless...

xdavidscenex
07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
leave your rediator fan alone let it do its job i took my old ac fan and hooked it up with a switch to cool the turbo and mani works great!:goodjob:

Nex
07-02-2008, 10:26 PM
for some od reason ever since i put a full size integra radiator in the hatch. It would only work after a long drive on the highway. But usually work when im in the city so i was thinking to mod a switch for the fans to stay on or when i want. This new radiator is huge compared to the half sized one LOL. Just a idea.

jtaylor48
07-02-2008, 10:31 PM
The fans aren't on on the highway because they don't need to be on. They are there to supply moving air while the radiator is not not getting enough...hence why it works in the city and not on the highway.

Doesn't a full size radiator come with 2 fans?

Barefoot
07-02-2008, 10:42 PM
The fans aren't on on the highway because they don't need to be on. They are there to supply moving air while the radiator is not not getting enough...hence why it works in the city and not on the highway.

correct

Doesn't a full size radiator come with 2 fans?correct also. only 1 thing. 1 is for cooling the rad. the other is for the a/c.

Nex
07-02-2008, 10:48 PM
i just have one fan for the radiator no A/C. awsome replys thanks

TEG90
07-03-2008, 01:01 AM
yeah itll burn out the fan if it runs constantly i done it, and it could cause probs if it shorts from where u run the power. i done that too and its no fun having to replace whole dash harness.

Tech5
07-03-2008, 03:51 AM
Dont do it

AnthonyF
07-03-2008, 09:51 AM
leave your rediator fan alone let it do its job i took my old ac fan and hooked it up with a switch to cool the turbo and mani works great!:goodjob:

.....lolol.

-Ant.

Nex
07-03-2008, 09:55 PM
yeah itll burn out the fan if it runs constantly i done it, and it could cause probs if it shorts from where u run the power. i done that too and its no fun having to replace whole dash harness. LOL !! holy moly dash harness short ?

Elbow
07-03-2008, 09:58 PM
This isn't a mod this is just something random to do, if it's a race car go for it switches ftw.