PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods tire opinions?

SilverJester
08-24-2005, 12:54 AM
So I was tuning my car to day, decided to try and see how my car would launch with anitlag. I turned it on, reved up and lanuched, only to do an awd burnout.....which was kidna fun, never done it before in dry pavement. Except now I need a new set of tires :doh: 2 of them where getting kinda worn before hand, well after that burnout, I managed to shred one. Can anyone recomend some good and cost effiecent (wasn't expecting to have to buy new ones). Although I do have a hookup, i can get anything that tirerack.com sells for wholesale, which is kinda cool. I was pretty happy with what was on there (yokohama avs es100s), might just have to spend the extra cash to get them again.

calmnothing
08-24-2005, 10:24 AM
do you want a high performance summer tire? an all-season tire?

D16Civic
08-24-2005, 04:30 PM
i like the pirelli p zeros i got on my car, run pretty cheap too, dont remember the actual price but it wasnt bad

SilverJester
08-24-2005, 08:15 PM
That's a good question, hows the wheather down there in the winter...any snow? as long as there is no snow then I guess just some summer performance tires would be fine.

Jordan_W
08-24-2005, 08:17 PM
I got Falken Ziex performance tires and i love em...

Marta Mike
08-24-2005, 08:44 PM
cheap and effective heres what id consider

es100 (once again)
kumho MX
azenis

if you were gonna go all out, Pole position S03 all the way!!!

SilverJester
08-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Well I'm moving to GA next week, and i was just kind of assumng that there was no snow down there. Can someone tell if it does snow or not, because if not, I'll probably just get some more yokohamas because I really liked those. But there is no way to drive in snow with those tires, so i'll probably just get something that is a little more all season. I can't imagine it snows that much if it does snow...it's the northern part of the state (cobb county). Thanks

Marta Mike
08-24-2005, 09:25 PM
it snows maybe a few days a year, but never really sticks. There is usually one or two days a year where atl is ceased-lol

SilverJester
08-25-2005, 01:44 AM
Wow, no snow...I love it. it snows a lot here. This is a pic of my friend doing some snow drifting in the winter (it's just some middle school parking lot at night). http://www.ilostmymind.com/upload/dcp_snowplay.jpg
Alright well thanks for the advice guys, but I think I'm just gonna stick with the yokohamas :jester:

David88vert
08-25-2005, 06:31 AM
cheap and effective heres what id consider

if you were gonna go all out, Pole position S03 all the way!!!

I used to run S-03's year round. Excellent performance.