PDA

View Full Version : ok this is drivin me nuts..

frostbyte
07-02-2008, 07:39 AM
ok this is drivin me nuts...
my 89accord recently started p!ss!in me off after the engine warms up to regular operating temp, everytime i press in the clutch weather to slow down or stop the rpms drop like a brick in water.
and seein how this is my dd and a swap is in the $2ooo dollar range and shops wont finance a swap i jus want this fixed til i can save for the swap...
i have already...
1: changed fuel pump
2: rear fuel filter
3: front fuel filter
4: looked as closely as i could for vac leaks
5: cleaned carb w carb cleaner

3geez has a lot of post about the same issue but none of the post are replied back to by thread owner statin its fixed and wat they did..

any ideas besides put a webber carb on it?

JBizzlebone
07-02-2008, 08:03 AM
First and foremost I would take the car and have the carb adjusted by a seasoned mechanic. That's probably going to be hard to find because no one wants to deal with old honda carbs. Frankly, I can't blame them, they are a pain in the ass to work on.

blackshine007
07-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Replace it with a newer Accord, like a '91 or so. Problem solved.

frostbyte
07-02-2008, 08:12 AM
if i had the money i would replace it but i dont which is y im here... i keep hearin its prob a vac leak but theres like 6o vac lines i hate to do it but there is a way to remove about 2/3 of the lines i jus hate goin that route due to the whole emissions crap... i know a guy who can work on them but thats pricy seein i jus started this new job. i keep hearin its an easy fix that its a common prob with these cars but i never get any calls or replies back on wat they did to fix it lol they log off a few days an never answer it sucks lol... ima put it back on craigslist for sale or trade i guess

Barefoot
07-02-2008, 08:56 AM
First and foremost I would take the car and have the carb adjusted by a seasoned mechanic. That's probably going to be hard to find because no one wants to deal with old honda carbs. Frankly, I can't blame them, they are a pain in the ass to work on. If you can't find anyone local, our shop can do it for you. My dad is about the only one in the area that will do it and is damn good at it.

Hit me up with a pm if you decide to go that route.dont let mr kidd see this shame shame shame. u dont want to get a speech.

frostbyte
07-02-2008, 09:06 AM
lol
let me say for the record im wantin to fix myself jus lookin for ideas of wat the prob could be i am not soliciting for a shop to do this lol

its jus really buggin me....

frostbyte
07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
ok i jus found a broke vac line and one not attached at all fixed the two aannnddddd grrr still the same chit... grrrr im bout ready to do the blackbox removal mod but not for the better pickup jus to eliminate all the lines not need f the emmisons i know someone to pass them next yr.

JBizzlebone
07-02-2008, 05:57 PM
dont let mr kidd see this shame shame shame. u dont want to get a speech.

Meh, I read the rules regarding advertising and this shouldn't violate it since I didn't give any "business" information. The rules state that I or anyone else can make reference to a business but cannot give any information about that particular business. If I'm wrong please let me know and I will alter the post, just trying to help the guy out :/

I've had quite a few carb'd honda's in the shop and they usually come in for the exact problem you're describing. Most of the time, a good adjustment does the trick but sometimes the carb has to be replaced. Trying to get an old carb'd honda to run perfect and no money don't go hand in hand. If you're short on funds you'll just have to deal with it unless someone else can suggest a cheap fix but remember that what worked for them might not work for you.

JBizzlebone
07-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Reread and found that it was, in fact, in violation and altered the thread. Sorry for any wrong doing!

Barefoot
07-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Meh, I read the rules regarding advertising and this shouldn't violate it since I didn't give any "business" information. The rules state that I or anyone else can make reference to a business but cannot give any information about that particular business. If I'm wrong please let me know and I will alter the post, just trying to help the guy out :/that dont mean shit around here. just like u found a loop hole they find them also. believe me been there done that.

JBizzlebone
07-02-2008, 06:29 PM
I didn't find a "loop hole" I just didn't read carefully enough before posting. Henceforth, I've edited my post to adhere to the rules. I just need to buy a damn sponsorship so I don't have to worry about it. Anyways, lets stop jacking this mans thread.

Barefoot
07-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I didn't find a "loop hole" I just didn't read carefully enough before posting. Henceforth, I've edited my post to adhere to the rules. I just need to buy a damn sponsorship so I don't have to worry about it. Anyways, lets stop jacking this mans thread.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:your funny noob. gtfo.....

frostbyte
07-02-2008, 09:16 PM
yawns.. so i still havin issues and lol its ok feel free to jack my thread as long as i get a lil useful info lol
ive found a couple good suggestions but none have worked lol im jus kinda eliminating all the possiabilities thrown at me and maybe one will work... shoot some ideas at me... btw i already thought bought hittin it with a sledge i jus dont seem to think itll work.. lmmfao