PDA

View Full Version : to all the fools hating on primer cars

LeX
07-01-2008, 11:44 PM
that have some power under the hood. I'm calling you out. If you have the power to back it up, primer can't be bashed. a mid 13 sec primer car or lower still deserves respect :cheers:

nreggie454
07-02-2008, 12:05 AM
So what color are you painting it?

LeX
07-02-2008, 12:29 AM
So what color are you painting it?

california gold... should be hot...

Lucky DAWG
07-02-2008, 12:39 AM
that have some power under the hood. I'm calling you out. If you have the power to back it up, primer can't be bashed. a mid 13 sec primer car or lower still deserves respect :cheers:

Primer cars are definately hideous, you have earned no respect in that sense.

But so rad if your car is fast!
WOOOO :gay:

Invest in some paint before you buy upgrades

EJ25RUN
07-02-2008, 12:43 AM
yeah, if you like the look, just get flat black. Otherwise its the same thing as running rusted steelies over any other wheels.

puregroove
07-02-2008, 12:45 AM
I will rock semi-gloss black... one of these days.. :D

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Primer cars are definately hideous, you have earned no respect in that sense.
But so rad if your car is fast!
WOOOO :gay:
Invest in some paint before you buy upgradesYou deserve it.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/wvs3110/retard.jpg

On_Her_Face
07-02-2008, 01:35 AM
flat black is sexy (close to primer but not quite)

willum14pb
07-02-2008, 06:00 AM
flat black is sexy (close to primer but not quite)

anything is sexy on a million dollar car with a million dollar photo. You could paint that car **** brown and it would be sexy.

frostbyte
07-02-2008, 06:56 AM
cars with a good paint job but wanna be "custom" so they dont sand just spraybomb the sumamahb!tch is sofa king we todd did....
but those who have dings and dents and are actually tryin fix theyre cars body and get it better a lil @ a time (cause its time consuming) before paint, thats understandable... but dont spray primer over the entire car jus wat you are fixing. then sant the car and primer when you are ready to paint...

Farrow2005
07-02-2008, 07:25 AM
http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/23375/2003466676196482664_rs.jpgSatin finish FTW

nreggie454
07-02-2008, 07:28 AM
IMO flat black is getting played out. It used to be completely badass, but now it seems like everybody is painting their car flat black.

Sammich
07-02-2008, 07:28 AM
OP is wannabe

LeX
07-02-2008, 08:08 AM
OP is wannabe

and you want to buy my cars, wannabe

AnthonyF
07-02-2008, 08:10 AM
this thread is fuking stupid. So, you dont like people who have a different opinion than yourself? I feel bad for your girl, if u can even accomplish getting one. You gonna beat her if she has a different opinion than you?

-Ant.

XLR8NMR2
07-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Rocking primer on a mid-13 second car is like having a girl with ass and tits but no teeth

Sammich
07-02-2008, 08:18 AM
this thread is fuking stupid. So, you dont like people who have a different opinion than yourself? I feel bad for your girl, if u can even accomplish getting one. You gonna beat her if she has a different opinion than you?

-Ant.

i did...she's still w/ me:ninja:

and you want to buy my cars, wannabe
:D

AnthonyF
07-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Im in FL.

-Ant.

Lucky DAWG
07-02-2008, 08:27 AM

-Ant.

uhhhhh YEA

stupid question. :bump:

BKgen®
07-02-2008, 09:00 AM
nothin's finer than rust an' primer. :goodjob:

AnthonyF
07-02-2008, 09:05 AM
uhhhhh YEA

stupid question. :bump:

hahah...ok then. Atleast you can admit it. :goodjob:

-Ant.

sakasaku
07-02-2008, 09:05 AM
no engine right now but i am rebuilding a ls swap in the garage:yes:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/sakasaku/Picture045.jpg
This is the color i am going to paint it:Dprobaly going to be a little bit darker

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/sakasaku/89hatchersEFHatchonSSRMKIIs4.jpg

OTG Signs
07-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Flat black and primer are vastly different by a few thousand dollars.

Master Shake
07-02-2008, 09:56 AM
flat black is sexy (close to primer but not quite)there is a additive to clears that make it look like that.....i think its called a flattening agent.:goodjob:

Ruiner
07-02-2008, 10:34 AM

Mid 13? Are you ****ting me? Come on...****, I ran 12.29 @ 116.xx mph back when I had my car...and it was BONE STOCK. I was fast, but not 11s quick and certainly not in the 10s. Just because some primered car runs 13s or high 12s doesn't mean (to me), that it should get any respect.

I'm sorry, but people with primered cars should spend the money on the paint first..then touch the engine.

Ran
07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry, but people with primered cars should spend the money on the paint first..then touch the engine.:stupid:

LeX
07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Mid 13? Are you ****ting me? Come on...****, I ran 12.29 @ 116.xx mph back when I had my car...and it was BONE STOCK. I was fast, but not 11s quick and certainly not in the 10s. Just because some primered car runs 13s or high 12s doesn't mean (to me), that it should get any respect.

I'm sorry, but people with primered cars should spend the money on the paint first..then touch the engine.

You have to realize that you got a turbo porsche from your settlement and I am broadcasting this to members of IA and most of them don't have the opportunity to get a car like that (I know you got it at great cost to yourself) How fast was your 3000GT? but still most folks on here will never own an expensive car like that. The point I am trying to convey is if someone has put the time into building a good car on a budget there is always a huge amount of hate if the car is not painted but you have to realize the work put into the mechanical aspect of the vehicle. Function over form is something to live by

OTG Signs
07-02-2008, 10:50 AM
there is a additive to clears that make it look like that.....i think its called a flattening agent.:goodjob:

Yes, it is. :goodjob:

99hatch
07-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Rocking primer on a mid-13 second car is like having a girl with ass and tits but no teeth

haha and a butter face. Primer cars are hideous. If it is your only car then i understand you have to work on it in your spare time. But i have known people that go for 2 years or more with a primer car, hell you can go to one of those crap paint places and its only 300 bucks for a paint job that looks better than primer. Or save up and get a real paint job. its not that much. I really cant stand those who take off painted stock parts to put primered kits on them. Just hold off for a month or 2 and buy it and paint it at the same time.

LeX
07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
haha and a butter face. Primer cars are hideous. If it is your only car then i understand you have to work on it in your spare time. But i have known people that go for 2 years or more with a primer car, hell you can go to one of those crap paint places and its only 300 bucks for a paint job that looks better than primer. Or save up and get a real paint job. its not that much. I really cant stand those who take off painted stock parts to put primered kits on them. Just hold off for a month or 2 and buy it and paint it at the same time.

lol i'm definitely not talking about removing stock parts to put primered on. That's crazy ****

frostbyte
07-02-2008, 11:46 AM
lol yeah rockin primer for 2years is a lil stupid.
but as far as the do the paint then the engine i heve to disagree...
if i put a lot of time and money in to paint i want the engine done too so its not dented or scratched by leanin on it to reach random parts...
i say build the engine fix the body as u go then paint it wen your done dont ride in a ugly car w/ a bada55 engine for 2yrs.

Nitro
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
You have to realize that you got a turbo porsche from your settlement and I am broadcasting this to members of IA and most of them don't have the opportunity to get a car like that (I know you got it at great cost to yourself) How fast was your 3000GT? but still most folks on here will never own an expensive car like that. The point I am trying to convey is if someone has put the time into building a good car on a budget there is always a huge amount of hate if the car is not painted but you have to realize the work put into the mechanical aspect of the vehicle. Function over form is something to live by

well said homie!!!

but i luv me some paint.....lol :camera:

IndianStig
07-02-2008, 11:54 AM
too each is own. i'd rock primer while i was building a car any day, why get it all painted up and nice so when you're dropping in a motor or rolling a fender you **** up the paint?

and yeah flat colors are sexi IMO

Ruiner
07-02-2008, 12:44 PM

I didn't quite get a car out of my settlement. I still had to come out almost $60k out of my OWN pocket.

My VR-4, with just BPU mods, was still in the high 12s. Intake, exhaust, boost controller...

ironchef
07-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I didn't quite get a car out of my settlement. I still had to come out almost $60k out of my OWN pocket.

My VR-4, with just BPU mods, was still in the high 12s. Intake, exhaust, boost controller...It had a powerful base to start with. Nothing wrong with giving some props to a guy in a civic in the mid 13s, primer or not.

LeX
07-02-2008, 01:44 PM

My VR-4, with just BPU mods, was still in the high 12s. Intake, exhaust, boost controller...

good deal man. Still though most on IA couldn't get to that level. Not sayin you didn't work hard for the money :cheers: but this is IA :police:

VQ35 Star
07-02-2008, 02:10 PM
as long as there are no runs in the primer. and your body work is perfect, no waves/pits/dings, and no guide coat, just spray that one when your ready to paint and wet sand the primer only THEN should you spray the guide coat on.