PDA

View Full Version : Ocala D-Day 7, Anyone going?

DrivenMind
08-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Myself and Harrison are making the trek to Ocala to go drifting down there. I was curious as to how many IA.com/SEDA users are going to be driving down there, and when. I'd kinda like to get a little group to get together, so all us Georgia people could drive down their together and make the trip a little less boring.

Anyone?

HiPSI
08-24-2005, 11:23 AM
i'd like to but trying to save tires and money for D911....

DrivenMind
09-02-2005, 04:19 AM
this is gonna be a long drive...

HiPSI
09-02-2005, 04:28 PM
this is gonna be a long drive...

try it solo... in a stripped 240sx packed to the roof with tires/tools, with that wonderful stiffness that only tein HE's can bring... oh, and no radio.

Jon00
09-02-2005, 06:42 PM
try it solo... in a stripped 240sx packed to the roof with tires/tools, with that wonderful stiffness that only tein HE's can bring... oh, and no radio.
damn what would ahve sucked ass and boring as hell

didnt u break something on your way back that one time

HiPSI
09-02-2005, 06:51 PM
alternator died in gainesville, hence that ka one i bought off of you to replace it with when i got back. my headlights never were brighter though, 20 volts lights them up like HID's.

DrivenMind
09-06-2005, 04:02 PM

Haha, I did the journey solo, with a stripped AE86 packed trunkfull and backseat filled with tool boxes, and set after set of wheels and tires. Ahh and the wonderfully sloppy ride that only lowering springs sitting on decade old blown struts can bring. As for my radio, we installed it the night before so I wouldn't have to listen to the Corolla screaming at 5k rpm at 80mph for the entire journey. Ah and add to that no AC in the Corolla.

alternator died in gainesville, hence that ka one i bought off of you to replace it with when i got back. my headlights never were brighter though, 20 volts lights them up like HID's.

heh, on the way back after driving 1174 miles to Ocala then Daytona then home to Marietta the alternator died and the cars fuel filter got clogged killing the car. Now it's sitting at a local KFC.

Talk about luck, I was completely broke and after 1174 miles of driving it dies 1 mile from meh house.