PDA

View Full Version : The DMV can suck it... rant-ish.

osnap
07-01-2008, 02:09 PM
I waited in line for damn near 3 hours this morning, finally got in. Sat inside for another half hour, and finally got to take my test to get my motorcycle permit. Passed with flying colors. Right as I was about to have my picture taken, the chick goes "sir, may I have your information one more time? .... yeah... are you aware that you're suspended from driving in the state of Florida?"

"Huh?! I've never even driven in Florida"

"Yeah, well it says you have a suspension effective today".

":thinking:"

"Here's the FL DMV's number"

so I hold for 20 minutes, and finally get someone over there, who after asking me for my Florida license info like 3 times (which of course I don't have... I've never lived in Florida) finally realized that theres apparently someone in Sarasota with my same first middle and last name with the same exact DOB. Oh, ok, so I can tell the chick at the counter and this will all be cleared up, right? Wrong.

I have to fax my birth certificate, SS card, DL, etc to the damn Florida DMV and wait for them to send me a letter clearing my name. Until then, they won't give me my permit (hell, I had to fight to get my regular license back)... not to mention had I decided to drive to Florida before I'd realized this, and I was pulled over, I'd probably be arrested.

wtf. weak. :screwy:

Ed
07-01-2008, 02:12 PM
talk about a coincidence... same name and dob.

that's gotta suck. good luck to you.

DJ Maestro
07-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Ouch, talk about a bad day at the DMV. :thinking:

UpSideDownDesi
07-01-2008, 02:32 PM
u got a evil twin....

Evil Goat
07-01-2008, 02:35 PM
lol, if it makes you feel better i got my license renewed in less than 15 minutes 2 weeks ago

kpc2593
07-01-2008, 02:40 PM
damn bro...sucks for you...

honduh
07-01-2008, 02:43 PM
damn burned....

Lizbiz101
07-01-2008, 02:52 PM
That really sucks....but I think that's the DMVs job....to make things harder for people.

ironchef
07-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Yea the last 3 times I had to make a visit to the DMV it took under 10 minutes LOL.

kelly marie
07-01-2008, 03:30 PM
you do know you can make an appointment for the driving/motocycle tests, right? also, you don't have to go to the one in your county, it's a state license so you can go anywhere in Ga. when i had to renew my license/change my name & address i was only in there for 30 mins.. i went to the one on canton & piedmont in cobb county

kfzemx3
07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
lol that **** happen to me except in SC, I apparently got pulled over for DUI when i was 11 years old, then had some warrants for my arrest. Now granted i got my license in SC but i went off to the navy and never herd anything, nor while i was living in SC ever had a problem or warrants, but as soon as i got back to GA and tried to switch my license over they gave me all this crap about all this stuff, ended up having to drive to columbia SC to prove who i was. BIG ASS ****ING HEADACHE

RandomGuy
07-01-2008, 07:18 PM
find out his SS# and you can really do some damage LAWL jk jk

jk jk
jk jk
or am I

quickdodgeŽ
07-02-2008, 12:25 AM
To everyone, including the OP, saying that the dude was burned and had a bad day and all? Not one of you guys sees the big picture. osnap, you need to look at this as a GREAT day. In another post in this thread, you said what if you had been pulled over on a trip to Florida. EXACTLY! What if? Think of this event as a blessing. At least, right now, you're only going through the hassle of getting this straightened out by mail instead of by jail. Later, QD.

Stormhammer
07-02-2008, 01:03 AM
To everyone, including the OP, saying that the dude was burned and had a bad day and all? Not one of you guys sees the big picture. osnap, you need to look at this as a GREAT day. In another post in this thread, you said what if you had been pulled over on a trip to Florida. EXACTLY! What if? Think of this event as a blessing. At least, right now, you're only going through the hassle of getting this straightened out by mail instead of by jail. Later, QD.

I concur capitan! As odd as it sounds but its by the saving grace of you not getting your permit that you might not be in jail.

willum14pb
07-02-2008, 06:02 AM
I don't know what's gayer.. this or aids.. Sorry that h appened man.