PDA

View Full Version : ipod ?'s

big daddy
07-01-2008, 07:20 AM
i dont have an ipod but i have over 4000 songs on itunes. when you upload a ipod does it takeaway all songs from your itunes or just make copies? the reason im asking is i have a buddy that said hed give me $100 to upload his new ipod but hes not sure what will happen.
reps given for good info:goodjob:

yerrow
07-01-2008, 07:28 AM
they'll stay in your itunes library and copy to his ipod.
but be aware that he can;t load his ipod to someone elses computer and try to load all of there music onto his ipod later.

Me86Rob
07-01-2008, 07:47 AM
ok so here is what you do! im like, the biggest iPod whore ever so i know my shyts. yo CAN sync to multiple PC's. what you have to do, is change the sync settings to "manually manage music" this means, when you hook up to a computer, you have to actually add the songs yourself. otherwise, everytime you connect to a computer, it will automatially do it. self explaintory. but as for syncin, all the songs will stay in your library. thats a sick ass EASY $100. send your buddy my way

Cool Cat Racing
07-01-2008, 08:12 AM
I've got about 13000 songs, tell him to stop by here too. lol AE86 is right, just set it to manual and he can add any songs he wants but he won't be able to take them off and add them to his itunes library. If you want to do that just copy the songs to his iPod as files and then he can add those files to his iTunes library and then it will sync to his iPod. Just treat his iPod as a portable HD and copy the folders from your iTunes music folder to it, then he does the reverse and all is well.

big daddy
07-01-2008, 08:14 AM
thanks guys. reps sent out!!

Me86Rob
07-01-2008, 10:39 AM
I've got about 13000 songs, tell him to stop by here too. lol AE86 is right, just set it to manual and he can add any songs he wants but he won't be able to take them off and add them to his itunes library. If you want to do that just copy the songs to his iPod as files and then he can add those files to his iTunes library and then it will sync to his iPod. Just treat his iPod as a portable HD and copy the folders from your iTunes music folder to it, then he does the reverse and all is well.

Sir, are you ready to learn some new cool ****? you CAN transfer music off your iPod and onto a different PC. so what you do, is connect your ipod to your computer. then you are gonna open up my computer, and open up the storage device that is you iPod. after you do that, go to options and click on "show hidden folders" once you do that, two or three extra folders should appear. click on the one that says "iPod control" then click on the folder that says "music"
there will be SEVERAL sub-folders in there, it just depends on how many songs you have. but open up each subfolder, and highlight the music, and click and drag to a folder on your desktop or where ever. this will then copy the songs off your iPod and onto the computer its connected to. do this with each subfolder and wham....you transfered from iPod to computer. sometimes, the names of the songs will be lost while transfering, but its only a few. PM me if ya got questions