PDA

View Full Version : ~ACCORD HELP!!~

j0natell0
06-30-2008, 08:40 PM
ok so i got a 94 accord f22b1. sometimes when i gas it, it doesnt want to go. it shakes and just sorta revs. i figured it was the spark plugs, so i changed them. NGK spark plugs. the car was good for a couple miles till i almost got home from an hour drive from gwinnett. it happened again at a stoplight but it wasnt as bad. my uncle keeps telling me its the spark plug wires, im not sure! someone help!! o yea the spark plug wires are nology hot wires, and the ac was on when it was ****in up but the second time the ac was not on. help plz!! reps will be given! :cheers:

AnthonyF
06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Are you going to the same gas station every time? Maybe they just have really ****ty gas.

Changed your wires. I have never liked those, try finding some OEMs

-Ant.

SiRed94
06-30-2008, 11:41 PM
well maybe you could explain a little better... but if it is kind of sputtering or sounding like it is missing, check the coil and/or the ignition control module... if the tach is fluctuating when it is doing this its probably the coil

j0natell0
07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
i dont think the tac was fluctuating when it happend. it just sorta revs and feels liek its choking. i let the gas go for a sec and when i hit it again it sometimes goes normal again. im wondering if i should drive it tomorrow because i need to go to work. and that is an hour drive away.

j0natell0
07-01-2008, 10:14 PM
http://iwcweb.com/eclipse/html/warning.html

this is very similar to wut my car is doing. it is cutting out badly also but when i changed the spark plugs it hasnt happend but once and it wasnt as bad as before i hadnt changed the spark plugs. it started doing it on the highway and i just drove with it so i can get to my destination and check it. but it started getting worse when i got off the ramp. it got to the point where the check engine light came on. as soon as i changed the spark plugs i reset the battery and the check engine light hasnt come on since. i think it is the spark plug wires.

god damn high performance wires are ****! :2up:

can any1 help?!

j0natell0
07-02-2008, 09:35 PM
ok so i go to advanced auto parts today and the guy scanned the ecu. he said its misfiring from cylinder 1 and 2. i changed the spark plugs on monday so they should still be good, and today i changed my spark plug wires from nology hot wires to some xact spark plug wire set **** for sohc vtec accords. everything was going good till i drove home about 65 miles and it started misfiring again. it just seems that everytime i fix it it comes back.

any suggestions?? i need help plzz ASAP

BlkCD5
07-02-2008, 09:41 PM
whats wrong with oem wires? Try putting some fuel injector cleaner in the tank. When is the last time you changed the fuel filter? I had a similar problem after going to a gas station. Also there was crud near the distributor. When i cleaned that area, it went away.

G.C
07-02-2008, 09:43 PM
make sure the sparkplug wire is in good. twist it down and stuff. and make sure its not ripped again. i'll take a look tmrw again.

j0natell0
07-02-2008, 09:55 PM
whats wrong with oem wires? Try putting some fuel injector cleaner in the tank. When is the last time you changed the fuel filter? I had a similar problem after going to a gas station. Also there was crud near the distributor. When i cleaned that area, it went away.

to be honest i cant remember the last time i changed the fuel filter. and nothing is wrong with oem wires. idk wut to do at this point.

j0natell0
07-06-2008, 10:24 AM
think its the distributor cap and rotor. distributor cap looks kinda worn out and fllimsy. and rotor looks crusted. bout to change that

changaroo
07-06-2008, 11:27 AM
are the plugs gapped correctlY?

j0natell0
07-06-2008, 12:18 PM
^yes they are, they are good i think its the distributor cap it looks pretty worn out and i dont remember the last time i changed it, and also the rotor

EmminoDaGreat
07-06-2008, 01:03 PM
check dizzy. Sounds like it happens when the car gets hot, long trips etc.

j0natell0
07-06-2008, 01:08 PM
would i have to change the distributor cap or the whole distributor? and yea it does get hot when i drive long trips i see it sorta overheats and smoke just comes up from the hood

itsnotarex
07-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Headgasket? That's what the overheating would make me think...

j0natell0
07-06-2008, 01:56 PM
dunno car needs oil though. my bro's been using the car for a long wile and i checked the dipstick, and there is no oil at all, well very little.

G.C
07-06-2008, 02:02 PM
you got to do the basics first. cant say anything till you get oil in your engine lmao. killing that accord..... but yeah. change the fuel filter, Dizzy Cap, Rotor. just change it and the rotor. only 15$ each. stop being cheap!!!!

j0natell0
07-06-2008, 02:20 PM
^ yea i kno im not bein cheap just low on money. ur headers come in yet?

j0natell0
07-06-2008, 09:39 PM
ok so checked it out today and two of the bolts on the distributor broke in half and i cannot get it out! wtf!!!! this **** just keeps gettin worse and worse.may have to change the whole distributor, and also i was drivin down the road when all of a sudden the car just shuts off. i try to start it again and the battery light comes on. i pop the hood and mess around with the spark plug wires and then i can start the car agian. ****s getting worse.

j0natell0
08-21-2008, 09:19 PM
ok so about a week ago i took it to this shop and they checked everything out and couldnt find out the problem. i told them i think its the distributor cap and they "supposedly" changed it. (bs) and they changed the fuel filter. the car was running fine but later that day it got even worse and just completely cut off. had to push the car to the side and it wouldnt even start. so it was in the shop and found out the block is cracked and the headgasket is blown. WTF!??!?!

joshk5145
08-26-2008, 01:45 PM
o that blows. i got bout half way down and was gonna ask if it ever blew a headgasket. warped head can make it act like that. o well. just a good excuse to drop a H22 over in it

1moreaccord
08-26-2008, 10:54 PM
aight aight.. i been readin this since you first posted it and i didnt wanna sound like a complete noob.. but this happened to my accord and it ended jus bein i was low on oil.. like rediculously low lol..

i aint sayin thats what it is but if the shop didn't do anything bout that then worth a try.. specially since you say it was low? anyways my 2.. plz dont hate.. if you did check my bad and g/l man..

SilverSurfer
08-28-2008, 06:34 AM
ok so about a week ago i took it to this shop and they checked everything out and couldnt find out the problem. i told them i think its the distributor cap and they "supposedly" changed it. (bs) and they changed the fuel filter. the car was running fine but later that day it got even worse and just completely cut off. had to push the car to the side and it wouldnt even start. so it was in the shop and found out the block is cracked and the headgasket is blown. WTF!??!?!

same thing happened to my f22

dumpdaccord
08-28-2008, 07:23 AM
sound like your ready to sell it? pm me if so....