PDA

View Full Version : question for everyone

Homer Simpson
06-30-2008, 05:12 PM
whos parents support them in their car modication addiction??

cause my parents hate it.

I used to own a 98 civic hatch back and from day one, I started modding it. My parents disagreed with everything I did and threaten to sell my car if I didn't stop my hobby of car modding. I said screw them, i'm not letting them stop me from my habby, I guess they'd rather me use my money to buy drugs and hookers...

Its so funny how I have to hind everything I do from them when dealing with my car. Back in march, I did a b18c complete motor swap from my hatch. I lied to my parents that I was going camping for 3 days when in reality, I got the mmotor shipped to my friends house to get it installed there. My parents would kill me if they knoew I spent 3 grand for a motor swap...and funny thing, they never found out. even after selling it.

I hate it so much sometimes! I wish I had understanding parents like most of my friends do that would actually help their sons mod their car!

I now own a s2000 and took out the spare for a little, i got a phone call form my dad b*tching me out on why I had to do that! I said N*gga, i'm paying for it, why worry???!!! my mom and my dad threaten to sell my s2000 that I'm paying for if I change up anything or modd anything! its complete bullcrap guys....its just my hobby, just like everyone else on here. I wish they cold understand. They're so worried about me saving money all the freaking time...and i'm only 19. My parents are so stupid and fob (fresh of the boat)

piss me off. :2up: :blah:

Brett
06-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Spell check is your friend... :D

I used to own a 98 civic hatch back and from day one, I started modding it. My parents disagreed with everything I did and threaten to sell my car if I didn't stop my hobby of car modding. I said screw them, i'm not letting them stop me from my habby, I guess they'd rather me use my money to buy drugs and hookers...

Its so funny how I have to hind everything I do from them when dealing with my car. Back in march, I did a b18c complete motor swap from my hatch. I lied to my parents that I was going camping for 3 days when in reality, I got the mmotor shipped to my friends house to get it installed there. My parents would kill me if they knoew I spent 3 grand for a motor swap...and funny thing, they never found out. even after selling it.

I hate it so much sometimes! I wish I had understanding parents like most of my friends do that would actually help their sons mod their car!

I now own a s2000 and took out the spare for a little, i got a phone call form my dad b*tching me out on why I had to do that! I said N*gga, i'm paying for it, why worry???!!! my mom and my dad threaten to sell my s2000 that I'm paying for if I change up anything or modd anything! its complete bullcrap guys....its just my hobby, just like everyone else on here. I wish they cold understand. They're so worried about me saving money all the freaking time...and i'm only 19. My parents are so stupid and fob (fresh of the boat)

On_Her_Face
06-30-2008, 05:18 PM
my parents don't hate it, but my dad would whoop my ass if i said nigga to him

Brett
06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Trust me he didnt say N*gga to his dad, he is just actin hard since he cant spell :D

JITB
06-30-2008, 05:21 PM
this is why you buy cars that you can afford in your own name.. so you can do what you want with it. Its obvious what the problem is...

Brett
06-30-2008, 05:23 PM
If you live at home you must follow the parents rules, If you dont like it, support yourself and pay your own way, Only way they cant tell you what to do to your car

Homer Simpson
06-30-2008, 05:32 PM
i make payments for my car, i pay it myself, its under my name.

i'm sorry brett that i misspelled three wordds, i'm not trying to impress ya'll with my grammar and spelling.

Homer Simpson
06-30-2008, 05:40 PM
this is why you buy cars that you can afford in your own name.. so you can do what you want with it. Its obvious what the problem is...

please re-read my thread

Evil Goat
06-30-2008, 05:43 PM
my thing is if youre going to school, making the grades, and paying for the car then all is well i guess, just be grateful you have what you have, if youre not going to school and working full time just to pay for a s2k and live at home free then you suck at life and id sell that car too.

Homer Simpson
06-30-2008, 05:45 PM
lol, i go to griffin-tech for automotive technology, i'm a part time worker

school has always been first priority for my parents, c'mon, they're asian...

FriskyWalrus
06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
lol, i go to griffin-tech for automotive technology, i'm a part time worker

school has always been first priority for my parents, c'mon, they're asian...guys got a point. asian parents are hell on their kids for school. my buddy got grounded and the sh*t beat out of him once because he got a 79

Homer Simpson
06-30-2008, 05:50 PM
guys got a point. asian parents are hell on their kids for school. my buddy got grounded and the sh*t beat out of him once because he got a 79

my parents are the same way, my mom slapped my so hard once my nose started bledding because i forgot to take out thrash a few years back, I'm still emotionally scarred for life because of that, you know I'll be taking out the thrash.

SiRed94
06-30-2008, 06:03 PM
i guess your only option is to kill them...

Homer Simpson
06-30-2008, 06:06 PM
lol, nah man, i wouldn't do that

whatever, i'm cool now, i was just pissed so i had to say something...

FriskyWalrus
06-30-2008, 06:10 PM
my parents are the same way, my mom slapped my so hard once my nose started bledding because i forgot to take out thrash a few years back, I'm still emotionally scarred for life because of that, you know I'll be taking out the thrash.yeah man. overall, asian parents are harsh

ShooterMcGavin
06-30-2008, 06:11 PM
a poll would've helped...

twinj
06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
my parents was like that at first, after while just got over it, and help pay for some swaps, LOL. Your parents just don't want you to throw away your money be very happy to have parents that give a damn.

Homer Simpson
06-30-2008, 06:19 PM
my parents was like that at first, after while just got over it, and help pay for some swaps, LOL. Your parents just don't want you to throw away your money be very happy to have parents that give a damn.

thats what they always say...

you're right with my parents giving a darn, but why can't they give a darn in a different way?

like how your parents help pay for swaps? lol.

twinj
06-30-2008, 06:36 PM
thats what they always say...

you're right with my parents giving a darn, but why can't they give a darn in a different way?

like how your parents help pay for swaps? lol.

When something happen to a motor they would know that I wouldn't have the money right that moment so they would help out. Now I look back on it I am really not into it no more. I see where my parents were coming from now when I look back on it. I wish I could have that money back, I don't even own the car anymore.

Just be able to be able to distinguish between a hobby and a addiction. Its all fun but when dumping a **** load of money in a car and being broke afterwards isnt a good feeling. Try making your money make money.

twinj
06-30-2008, 06:40 PM
then my parents didn't know the difference from a single cam vs b16 ,so that just made it even easier.

d_day87
06-30-2008, 09:09 PM
not to be mean, but i figured you were asian from the time i started reading this.lol! i don't think white people's parents give a sh!t. i tell my parents i'm gonna do something to my car, they just roll their eyes and just go back to what there doing

0p7!mu5
06-30-2008, 09:24 PM
strangely mom family period has been very supportive even my girlfriends parents have been for that matter. I guess its due to the fact that my mom had a camaro when i was little and still talks about speeding in it and the majority of my cousins mod cars or race in some form or fashion. I thought I was the only person in my fam that even modded imports til my cousin brought up the fact that he has a team as well. still can't wait til november to settle scores.

all in all tho yeah your family is going to worry about money especially now with how things are. They are just looking out for you. Be happy for that at least because some people aren't that lucky. The asian parent thing sucks balls i know from having to deal with two ex's (one Cambodian and one Fillipino/britt) I think they just are perfectionist.

JITB
06-30-2008, 09:58 PM
i make payments for my car, i pay it myself, its under my name.

i'm sorry brett that i misspelled three wordds, i'm not trying to impress ya'll with my grammar and spelling.

well than... how the **** are they gonna take your car....

blazin'
06-30-2008, 10:05 PM
My dad paid for my car when I was in high school. My parents have always wanted me to do well with school so they've never made me get a job (although I've been working since I graduated hs). My dad hasn't ever said anything about my mods, so I assume that means he doesn't care what I do.

Evil Goat
07-01-2008, 09:15 AM
wow, i didnt realize parents were this uptight, i guess i was just lucky to grow up in a car family, my dad modded cars, mostly mustangs, but included a 68 gmc pickup with a 396, a 69 4dr chrysler imperial with a cammed 454 in it, etc, and now we are restoring a numbers matching 67 impala coupe hardtop, hell my dad helped me install a zex kit on my old 95 civic while i was at home, got a little flack from my mom for that, but they knew they could trust me...then again i worked full time while in college and paid for my car/insurance, and mods and still saved a little bit of money

Leisa
07-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Spell check is your friend... :D

omg.. you have room to talk, you mispell more than anyone...lol.. :D

IndianStig
07-01-2008, 09:54 AM
i think there is 4 ppl that can vouch on this site for my mum cussing me out a few years ago for installing a lip and some jdm depo lights on my car.

of course this was after the motor blew, got an h22, then new tranny, clutch, flywheel, and axles lol. oh yah, my dad liked driving my car but hated that i spent all my money on it

my next project will likely be VIP and my dad is pretty much down for it as long as i don't go broke. my mom still wants to get me an 08 camry FTL

On_Her_Face
07-01-2008, 06:57 PM
so why would you call your dad a n*igga if you are asian?

redrumracer
07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
lol if its in your name do want you want, how are they going to legally sell it?? and my parents never "agreed" with my mods but hey what can they say AFTER you do the mod and then tell them? for the most part not a damn thing. :D

Lucky DAWG
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM

Here is the question though...

Do you have any kind of savings or financial plan for post grad or have started saving at all?

If so then great, if you don't then wasting all of your money on your car is stupid, that is the worst investment you can make. I am fully for the hobby if you have a lot of expendable cash that you can throw out.