PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods rod help

T34me
06-30-2008, 05:07 PM
so, ive got a set of brand new GSR pistons i was going to put in my supercharged LS build since im running only 6 psi and wanted a little extra compression. Now, i cannot find any LS aftermarket rods that does not use full floating pins, and obviously these pistons are not. So, does anyone know where i can find some non-floating rods, or can i use push pin pistons with full floating pin rods? Reps for help.:goodjob:

Well, i guess just to throw this out there, what will b18b rods support hp wise. I cant imagine this setup going over 225 at the most, and so if the rods will support it, i guess thats an option.

all-mota
06-30-2008, 05:54 PM
the rods should be fine have the big end resized for arp rod bolts and you should be good to go. the sleeves and 20psi of boost should be your only worry and i don't think you are going to have that much boost

T34me
06-30-2008, 05:59 PM
who would do that and how much?

all-mota
06-30-2008, 06:27 PM
any machine shop should be able to do that for you just take it to the one you trust

T34me
07-03-2008, 06:32 PM
ok, thanks for help, i went ahead and bought and bought oem rods and will just have them shot peened and altered for apr bolts.