PDA

View Full Version : Misc I might be goin to Hell but I'll see them there.

Nissangeek
06-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I suppose this would be the correct section. If not would a mod please move?

Anyway, so my fiance is pregnant. No biggy other than the insurance situation. Her's from her job won't kick in for about another 2 months, so we decided to go with Medicade since no other insurace will accept her because the pregnancy is a "pre-existing condition". Well to get on Medicade she has to go and get a "proof of pregnancy". Unfortunatly the organization that she has to go through to get said proof is a Christian one. Now I have nothing against Christians or any other faiths, but I do have a problem with them telling her that she is going to Hell, and that I don't love her for "doing this to her", and that our child will never have a caring, loving home. Coincidentaly those were the things that they told her when she went to her appt.. Now I could be wrong about this, but doesn't it say in the Bible to "judge not lest ye be judged", and "He that hath not sinned cast the first stone", and even "Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord"? You would think that these so called Christians would be a bit more educated about the doctrines of their faith.

Discuss!!!

ShooterMcGavin
06-30-2008, 11:04 AM
doesn't surprise me one bit...

Sammich
06-30-2008, 11:09 AM
discuss what? fornication is shunned against in the bible yes, but it also says if you are repentant of ur sins ur forgiven...thats where JC came in

calmnothing
06-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow that is ****ty. They are in the wrong business. Medicaid won't let you pick another organization to go through?

Sammich
06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
i cant see, though, where what religion and proof of pregnancy allows u to get medicaid...thats crazy

DieselNuts
06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
most of the time the religious people are the hipocrits. Funny how that works...

Killer
06-30-2008, 12:49 PM
stuff like that sucks... gives all christians a bad name...

hell, i'm a christian... one of my best friends is having a baby in about 4 months and i'm nothing but excited for them!!! (and they are not married!!)...

people like that are more so playing the christian role and not actually being christians... (i'm not saying i'm any better... or any worse.... just saying)

but you're right... the bible says all those things.... sorry your fiance had to hear those things man...

from what i gather from you, i'm sure you love your fiance.. and your child will have a great father.

Nissangeek
06-30-2008, 12:50 PM
i cant see, though, where what religion and proof of pregnancy allows u to get medicaid...thats crazy

Well that was the office they told her to go to to get the proof of pregnancy. I guess its just one of the offices they use.

Nissangeek
06-30-2008, 12:54 PM

hell, i'm a christian... one of my best friends is having a baby in about 4 months and i'm nothing but excited for them!!! (and they are not married!!)...

people like that are more so playing the christian role and not actually being christians... (i'm not saying i'm any better... or any worse.... just saying)

but you're right... the bible says all those things.... sorry your fiance had to hear those things man...

from what i gather from you, i'm sure you love your fiance.. and your child will have a great father.

Thanks for the kind words. And you're right, its does give all Christians a bad name. It just drives me nuts that they would say something like that to some one they don't even know. I love Erin more than anything and I will love our child just as much. They had no right to slander her or myself like that. I'll pray for them.

Nissangeek
06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
discuss what? fornication is shunned against in the bible yes, but it also says if you are repentant of ur sins ur forgiven...thats where JC came in

I know that. Thats what floors me. I hate it when people claim to believe somthing but don't even know what their religion is about.

ShooterMcGavin
06-30-2008, 02:19 PM

is he gay? if not then wouldn't it be his fiancee?

stillaneon
06-30-2008, 02:51 PM

Wow, Good Catch

This is the biggest problem I have with Organized religion.

The hypocritical things are going to happen from every aspect of your life but it does seem interesting that the people who are taught on a weekly basis that only God/Jesus has the right to judge, seem to be the most judgemental group on Earth.

Congrats on the baby man.

Nissangeek
06-30-2008, 02:52 PM

We no speaka da french!!!

Nissangeek
06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Wow, Good Catch

This is the biggest problem I have with Organized religion.

The hypocritical things are going to happen from every aspect of your life but it does seem interesting that the people who are taught on a weekly basis that only God/Jesus has the right to judge, seem to be the most judgemental group on Earth.

Congrats on the baby man.

Thanx man. Waht do ya'll thaink about Paxton if its a boy. Always wanted to name my son after a car part. lol

puregroove
06-30-2008, 03:04 PM
she is going to Hell, and that I don't love her for "doing this to her", and that our child will never have a caring, loving home.

They were very wrong in saying this. There is no love in what they say. You can dis-count what they said. These are the kind of people that give other Christians a bad name.

On another note, I hope the best for you and your fiance. --hope everything you need is provided for. :goodjob:

Killer
06-30-2008, 03:05 PM

wow... dude honestly i had no idea there was a difference in fiance and fiancee... just looked it up...

thanks for the knowlede...

"knowledge is power.... and the more you know..."

puregroove
06-30-2008, 03:11 PM
wow... dude honestly i had no idea there was a difference in fiance and fiancee... just looked it up...

just looked it up, too.. good catch.

stillaneon
06-30-2008, 03:12 PM

Ha

slow_hatch
06-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Religion is stupid, that is all ;)

puregroove
06-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Religion is stupid, that is all ;)

agreed... :yes:

ash7
06-30-2008, 05:08 PM
whoever she went through to sign up for her insurance obviously has a distorted view of how Christ told his followers to be a "shining city on a hill" (Matt. 5:14-16) and set an example of love for the world to follow.

It wasn't right for them to tell her those things. The proper approach would have been to do as Christ would have done and accept her with "open arms"(Ephesians 2:4-5) and show her the love of God by example; not condemnation.

-jonathan

BUGMAN
06-30-2008, 06:29 PM
most of the time the religious people are the hipocrits. Funny how that works...

You beat me to it. :2up:

I have said several times that the poles say 85% of the United States are Christian based people and I always add; 95% of them are hypocrites. I have nothing against Christianity but Church is where I have met all the hypocrites I know.

whoever she went through to sign up for her insurance obviously has a distorted view of how Christ told his followers to be a "shining city on a hill" (Matt. 5:14-16) and set an example of love for the world to follow.

It wasn't right for them to tell her those things. The proper approach would have been to do as Christ would have done and accept her with "open arms"(Ephesians 2:4-5) and show her the love of God by example; not condemnation.

-jonathan

Very well said but since when does anyone do what they are suppose to do anymore? I would bet money that I myself am judged at least 5x a day and that is probably a serious under estimation.

IP37
06-30-2008, 06:32 PM
they're just religious nuts

BUGMAN
06-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanx man. Waht do ya'll thaink about Paxton if its a boy. Always wanted to name my son after a car part. lol

That's almost the worst name I have ever heard.

I thought you said that you would love your child?

WTF are you thinking? Or should I say smoking? :thinking:

Why in the world would you want to name a miracle created by you and your loved one after a freaking automotive part? I hope you were joking because that is nuts. Why not name your child something that he/she has a chance to be proud of instead of a business that may not exist by the time he/she is old enough to spell their own name?

Sorry to preach but for example we named our children after family members that we are very proud of, my best friend since kindergarten which is sitting on an aircraft carrier right now making sure that we sleep safe at night and my wife's best friend since 1st grade.

Not trying to be a prick so don't take it that way but these kid's running around with some of these names nowadays just kills me. :(

ash7
06-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Not trying to be a prick so don't take it that way but these kid's running around with some of these names nowadays just kills me. :(

lol, speaking of... i met a girl who's parents named her Danger Michele today.

"I'm sure you get this question a hundred times a day, but what's with the name?"

she said: "My parents were hippies..."

-jonathan

IndianStig
06-30-2008, 08:10 PM
thats ridiculous. i'd get a lawyer for public defamation

BUGMAN
06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
lol, speaking of... i met a girl who's parents named her Danger Michele today.

"I'm sure you get this question a hundred times a day, but what's with the name?"

she said: "My parents were hippies..."

-jonathan

Now that kid gets to live that that ridiculous name for the rest of her life. Simply awesome! :rolleyes:

redrumracer
06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
this is why i dont go to church or declare a religion, i have my beliefs and thats what they are, mine. but either way congrats on the addition to your family.

Nissangeek
07-01-2008, 07:53 AM
That's almost the worst name I have ever heard.

I thought you said that you would love your child?

WTF are you thinking? Or should I say smoking? :thinking:

Why in the world would you want to name a miracle created by you and your loved one after a freaking automotive part? I hope you were joking because that is nuts. Why not name your child something that he/she has a chance to be proud of instead of a business that may not exist by the time he/she is old enough to spell their own name?

Sorry to preach but for example we named our children after family members that we are very proud of, my best friend since kindergarten which is sitting on an aircraft carrier right now making sure that we sleep safe at night and my wife's best friend since 1st grade.

It's kind of a joke with me and my fiancee. Ths names are more or less set in stone but I just like to come up with off the wall things to bug her a bit. lol. If its a girl she will be Claudia Scarlett. If its a boy his middle name will be Eugene (family name), all we really have to do is decide on a first name.

blazin'
07-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Claudia Scarlett is a pretty name. I'm sorry that happened to you guys. Being pregnant is stressful enough without people giving you their opinion on the situation. I've noticed that the hardcore Bible beaters are usually the most hypocritical. I consider myself to be a Christian, but its not my place to judge what people do because most of the time I'm no better than they are.

BUGMAN
07-01-2008, 09:29 AM
It's kind of a joke with me and my fiancee. Ths names are more or less set in stone but I just like to come up with off the wall things to bug her a bit. lol. If its a girl she will be Claudia Scarlett. If its a boy his middle name will be Eugene (family name), all we really have to do is decide on a first name.

Claudia Scarlett is an awesome name and a beautiful pick. Not sure where you got it from but I don't think you could find a prettier name for a baby girl.

Gotcha on the family name thing... Nothing could mean more and if the rest of the world would get back to some meaning of life we all may be spared.

Thomas Eugene
Michael Eugene
William Eugene
Phillip Eugene and so on.

There are tons of good first names for Eugene IMO.

Wurm
07-01-2008, 09:34 AM
just go hang out in front of their building with a devil mask on or something

Nissangeek
07-01-2008, 09:36 AM
We thought about William since it is my grandpa's first name, but it's just such a common name. I wanted Parker Eugene since Park is my grandpa's middle name.

BUGMAN
07-01-2008, 12:30 PM
We thought about William since it is my grandpa's first name, but it's just such a common name. I wanted Parker Eugene since Park is my grandpa's middle name.

I didn't think of Parker but it is not a real common first name and being after good family you can't go wrong.

just go hang out in front of their building with a devil mask on or something

Now that sound slike something that we would do.

Killer
07-01-2008, 01:25 PM

william... as long as middle name is wallace...

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Nissangeek
07-01-2008, 02:27 PM
william... as long as middle name is wallace...

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

*Hikes up kilt and moons you* lol

Killer
07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
lol