PDA

View Full Version : Misc Digital camera and PS3 question...

quickdodgeŽ
06-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I hook up my camera (Canon Powershot A540) to the PS3 via USB cable and it says that my camera is not compatible? Is there a way to make it compatible or am I out of luck? It's only a 2 year old camera so I don't see why it wouldn't work. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance. Later, QD.

Revmaynard
06-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Not 100%, but maybe download an update for it through the PSN?

Vteckidd
06-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Mike i know what i do is load my pictures onto my home personal computer. I then can view an pull the pictures off my computer with my PS3 since they are on the same network.

You may need to DL the latest firmware for the PS3 to make it work.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
06-30-2008, 01:49 AM
the only way to put things from cameras/sd cards etc is to make a fold that says PICTURE or if you want MUSIC than put that. the ps3 recognizes those folder names so you have to have it like that. do you not have a card reader on your ps3?

the updates are not going to help as they are specific for other reason. the latest update was to stabilize online game play for certain games so it will not benefit you for this situation.

just try to make those folder names on your computer with your card and insert it into the ps3 and you should be able to look at them if not try to copy the contents onto the ps3.

quickdodgeŽ
06-30-2008, 07:49 AM
Hmmm. I don't have a card reader on the PS3. Where would it be? I know I don't have one on my computer. Later, QD.

dELfONiK
06-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Hmmm. I don't have a card reader on the PS3. Where would it be? I know I don't have one on my computer. Later, QD.

The card readers are only on the 60gb and 80gb ps3's, and they're located in the front by the usb ports. Do you have a flash drive? You could always save the pics to a flash drive and hook it up to the ps3.

quickdodgeŽ
06-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Ahhh. I have the 40GB, I believe. And I do not have a flash drive. Will it hook up via USB? And will it actually work? Thanks. Later, QD.

dELfONiK
06-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Ahhh. I have the 40GB, I believe. And I do not have a flash drive. Will it hook up via USB? And will it actually work? Thanks. Later, QD.

Yeah, it will work. I should have said a USB Flash drive, or thumb drive. They're super cheap now and come in handy for transferring files.
http://www.cba.org/CBA/newsletters/images/ADD-thumb.jpg

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
06-30-2008, 09:53 PM
ya you can use a flash drive. just make sure you have those folder names right.

jtaylor48
07-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Dude the flashdrives are hella cheap now. like 15 bucks for a 2gb. It wouldn't hurt to have one anyway cuz then you can steal your friends music.