PDA

View Full Version : B18B1 Oil leak--HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PURP
06-29-2008, 08:29 PM
I know hondas are notorious for leaking oil but damn my sh*t get worse and worse... I have fixed all vacuum locations, put a brand new oil pan gasket and gasket siliconed it. But the leak is still leaking and getting worse. The oil pan is evenly bolted on with no cracks or bends.. What is causing this.. any help would be greatly appreciated..

If you can't tell the leak is from the oil pan!

killerdx
06-29-2008, 09:16 PM
have u made sure its not running down the back side of the motor and down the oil pan?

bafbrian
06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
have u made sure its not running down the back side of the motor and down the oil pan?

X2

See where else there is oil. I say check around where the oil pump, oil filter, and even the drain plug. Also check your VC gasket.

PURP
06-29-2008, 09:28 PM
X2

See where else there is oil. I say check around where the oil pump, oil filter, and even the drain plug. Also check your VC gasket.

all are fine.... no leak on the VC, nothing from the oil filter or anything in that nature.... If your looking under the hood, the leak is coming from the right front area on the oil pan. It's got me:thinking:

bafbrian
06-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Oil pump might need to be resealed.

PURP
06-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Oil pump might need to be resealed. should I just reseal the old one or go ahead and get a new one w/ a new seal... If Im togo new which one is best factory ls or a diff oem b series pump??

1SOL2NV
06-29-2008, 09:44 PM
mines doing the same thing .. i think my oil pan is warped ...... my oil pump aint leaking and its leaking at the front near downpipe ..... change oil pan gasket and maybe a new oil pan .... have you bottemed the car out any ?? if so the pan might be warped . double check

PURP
06-29-2008, 09:53 PM
mines doing the same thing .. i think my oil pan is warped ...... my oil pump aint leaking and its leaking at the front near downpipe ..... change oil pan gasket and maybe a new oil pan .... have you bottemed the car out any ?? if so the pan might be warped . double check

Haven't bottomed out any. and the oil pan gasket is maybe 2 months old....

bafbrian
06-29-2008, 09:57 PM
I am gonna stick with saying the oil pump needs to be resealed. As far as the oil pump goes, when I checked it out with Honda and Acura, it is the same part number/assuming the same part.

1SOL2NV
06-29-2008, 10:06 PM
i know 300 % my oil pump aint leaking and around my oil pan is dirty with oil ..... and i think he's in the same boat as me ... its not leaking enough to put droplets of oil on the ground but every 2 weeks i have to put 1 quart in ... and the only oil leakage showing is from downpipe toward the tranny , which would be nowhere near my oil pump .... but then again ... try a new gasket bcuz ive gotten ****ed up (NEW) gaskets b4 man .... replace it again !

PURP
06-29-2008, 10:10 PM
i know 300 % my oil pump aint leaking and around my oil pan is dirty with oil ..... and i think he's in the same boat as me ... its not leaking enough to put droplets of oil on the ground but every 2 weeks i have to put 1 quart in ... and the only oil leakage showing is from downpipe toward the tranny , which would be nowhere near my oil pump .... but then again ... try a new gasket bcuz ive gotten ****ed up (NEW) gaskets b4 man .... replace it again !

I gotta do something becuzz parking it anywhere it lleaves a pretty decent spot... 1 quart a week if not more.. it sucks

bafbrian
06-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Also, check the seals on that side of the engine and see if oil is leaking from one of those.

1SOL2NV
06-29-2008, 10:21 PM
well if it leaves a NICE spot .. then i would check the oil pump like he says ,..

TEG90
06-29-2008, 10:41 PM
what about around the cams and leaking down?

TEG90
06-29-2008, 10:42 PM
do u have powersteering or not. sure its not powerstering fluid leaking down on motor?

khaxnguyen
06-30-2008, 12:08 AM
the easiest guaranteed way to find the source of the leak is to spray brake cleaner everywhere and clean around the oil pan well.. drive around for 10-20 miles and check again, odds are wherever it leaks it will be in that little space only

jtaylor48
06-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Who did the oil pan gasket replacement. The torque might not be right and in some cases can cause leaks from being too tight

.::UNKNOWN::.
06-30-2008, 02:41 AM
check the crank seal mine leaked on my h23

PURP
06-30-2008, 07:27 PM
no cam seal leak or crank leak... I've cleaned this thing 3 times in the past 2 weeks to find all leaks.. Its just coming from teh right front of oil pan... Guess I'm resealing the pump and putting a new oil pan gasket on her this weekend... yay.. and I just changed my damn oil...

jtaylor48
06-30-2008, 08:40 PM
You can get a clean oil drain pan with the easy pour spout for like $5 and then you can just reuse your oil. A lot of dealerships do it like that and as much as it is for and oil change, I've had to do it as well. Just keep the dirt out and you'll be fine. Also try not to scour the oil pan when taking the gasket off if it is stuck on there.

The torque for the bolts should be 10 ft/lbs

green91
06-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Actually hondas aren't notorious for oil leaks. Mine is dry.

d_day87
06-30-2008, 09:20 PM
i had the same problem with my ls/vtec, but from the passenger side. turned out being my rear main seal had blown out and was running around the oil pan making it look like the pan was leaking. but g/l with your problem