PDA

View Full Version : Misc QD's throwback video of the day...

quickdodgeŽ
06-27-2008, 10:59 PM
LINK!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzTpKWTEnTY)

This is Drop That Bass by DJ Magic Mike. Huge among bassheads from the early 90s, Mike was used at a lot of stereo comps. He's from Miami and closely related (music wise) to MC ADE, who is from the West Coast. His music is 100% Miami style. This dude made some of the hardest hitting bass tracks to date. Definitely good old school bass shiit. Later, QD.

Muk
06-28-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with you on it being "good old school bass shiit." I'd rather listen to Kate Perry- I Kissed a Girl, then to listen to this pile of garbage. Back in the early 90's I wasn't old enough to even have heard of these guys, shoot I was probably like 4 or 6 depending on when this came out, but I don't see anyone now a days being able to listen to even 20 secs on this crap.

How about you post up some nice old school west coast shiit? Maybe then I'll give you props, even though im sure you could careless. But I think I'm the only one who had the balls to tell you that your link directs us to 100% garbage.

Maybe if it didn't suck you would've had way more than 2 responses in this thread instead of just a couple of views. But hey, it's jmo.

*And don't take it personal, im not attacking you just your taste in music.

Buttons
06-28-2008, 02:04 AM
is that beat used in other songs? i've heard the beat before, but not those lyrics.

quickdodgeŽ
06-28-2008, 05:54 AM
Back in the early 90's I wasn't old enough to even have heard of these guys, shoot I was probably like 4 or 6 depending on when this came out,

^^^ = \/ \/ \/

I'm going to have to disagree with you on it being "good old school bass shiit."

So you have no real basis for your disagreement except for that you don't like it because you don't like me. Lolol. I know who you are. So we're cool. Later, QD.

chrisdavis
06-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Damn I used to play the hell out of that tape my senior year of HS. I liked Feel The Bass more though.

Bass Boy, Bass 305, and Magic Mike were the **** back then :D

Muk
06-28-2008, 10:45 AM
^^^ = \/ \/ \/

So you have no real basis for your disagreement except for that you don't like it because you don't like me. Lolol. I know who you are. So we're cool. Later, QD.I don't like you? Okay, I don't even know you. You're getting way too ahead of yourself there, buddy. I just made a comment about the song being pretty damn whack. Which I understand that I come from a different generation and my taste in music isn't the same as people much older than me, but that's why I put "jmo" at the end. Not clowning on you, I would just rather click on a link that'll take me to something I can enjoy listening to.

And you know who I am? That's cool, I'd give you a pat on the back but we're chating through cyber space, so... yea.

That's all.

DESTRO_91
06-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Good find, I haven't heard that jont in decades. Classic bass joint.:goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
06-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Good find, I haven't heard that jont in decades. Classic bass joint.:goodjob:

Thanks. Later, QD.

stillaneon
06-28-2008, 11:02 AM
It may not be from my time but I can definitely see the appeal