PDA

View Full Version : Misc ATTN: GFL holders who plan to carry on Marta starting this week

KPowerEP3
06-27-2008, 08:20 PM
http://www.georgiacarry.com/press_release/marta-hb89.pdf

Marta It's [not] smarter. :no:

Dietcoke
06-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Rofl @ Marta not letting employees carry and any street thug can. Outstanding. Way to **** your workforce.

Julio
06-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Rofl @ Marta not letting employees carry and any street thug can. Outstanding. Way to **** your workforce.

Street Thug?

More then likely a real street thug doesnt even have a GFL..

Matter of fact, I Do, Im not a thug.

KPowerEP3
06-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Street Thug?

More then likely a real street thug doesnt even have a GFL..

Matter of fact, I Do, Im not a thug.

x2...matter of fact, a criminal can't have a Georgia Firearms License, which means if THEY carry ANYWHERE, they're already breaking the law and obviously don't care. That kind of gets back to the whole reason I posted this - blatant harassment of law abiding citizens doing nothing wrong. Just keep em' concealed on public transport if you guys use it, I'd hate to see someone legally carrying get in trouble over some leftist 'guns are evil', scare tactic policies.

quickdodgeŽ
06-28-2008, 05:55 AM

That made entirely zero sense, man. Later, QD.

ShooterMcGavin
06-30-2008, 11:07 AM
i think y'all misunderstood the guy, think he was trying to say the same thing everyone has been saying here...that marta won't let law abiding citizens/employees carry, meanwhile all the "street thugs" are carrying regardless of what law may or may not be in place.

noodle
06-30-2008, 10:32 PM
I think most employers don't want you bringing your guns to work. I work for Delta at the airport. We're not even allowed to have a gun in our cars.

redrumracer
06-30-2008, 11:04 PM
I dont see anything wrong with them not allowing there employees to carry guns. MARTA is a business and as such they are allowed to make there own rules regarding this matter. Hell most job places probably still wont allow you to carry while at work.

BanginJimmy
07-01-2008, 12:05 AM
My wife cannot even carry OC spray on company property.

As far as being asked to show your permit if the weapon is visible, I have no problems with that. I dont see it as harassment at all, I see it as looking out for public safety.

ShooterMcGavin
07-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I think most employers don't want you bringing your guns to work. I work for Delta at the airport. We're not even allowed to have a gun in our cars.
most companies are like this...unfortunately.

ShooterMcGavin
07-01-2008, 07:49 AM
My wife cannot even carry OC spray on company property.

As far as being asked to show your permit if the weapon is visible, I have no problems with that. I dont see it as harassment at all, I see it as looking out for public safety.
you do realize that marta has said that if one of their police sees you carrying, your gun will be seized and you will be handcuffed while they run the serial on your gun right? that's beyond harassment, that's damn near false imprisonment.

BanginJimmy
07-01-2008, 10:44 AM
you do realize that marta has said that if one of their police sees you carrying, your gun will be seized and you will be handcuffed while they run the serial on your gun right? that's beyond harassment, that's damn near false imprisonment.

I only have to go off the press release. I very rarely watch or read local news so I missed that.

If that is the case, then it will end in a lawsuit for illegal arrest. As the press release goes, it should go no further than checking for a valid pemit. If the holder has a valid permit, then the cop has no reasably suspecion that the gun isnt also legal.

ShooterMcGavin
07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
If that is the case, then it will end in a lawsuit for illegal arrest. As the press release goes, it should go no further than checking for a valid pemit. If the holder has a valid permit, then the cop has no reasably suspecion that the gun isnt also legal.
agreed. their reasoning is that they're not going to check your gfl with your gun still in your possession as that obviously poses a danger to the officer.

BanginJimmy
07-01-2008, 01:27 PM
agreed. their reasoning is that they're not going to check your gfl with your gun still in your possession as that obviously poses a danger to the officer.

Its hard to argue with that logic, but at the same time it borders on a 4th amendment violation.

BLK JDM
07-02-2008, 10:02 AM
My mom rides MARTA everyday to work downtown. She works for the state. I wish she would carry but I doubt she can have a firearm at work so that sucks. She can carry it on the train but can't carry it into work?? You can't win w/ these new laws.

ShooterMcGavin
07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
My mom rides MARTA everyday to work downtown. She works for the state. I wish she would carry but I doubt she can have a firearm at work so that sucks. She can carry it on the train but can't carry it into work?? You can't win w/ these new laws.
sadly like we've said, most places of employment won't let you carry anywhere on the premises. being that your mom works for the govt she's extra screwed since you can never have a loaded weapon on govt property, unless of course you're a crazy ready to shoot up the joint, they don't seem to be a big follower of laws...