PDA

View Full Version : dizzy

JEY$JDM
06-26-2008, 01:37 PM
ok. so a couple months ago, i was driving down the road and my lights started to dim and my tach stopped working and i got to my house and turned the car off and tried to turn crank it up... nuthing. so i went and got a new alternator and charged my old battery and everything was fine.

last week on my way back to work from getting sum lunch, i noticed that when i turned my blinker on at a red light my tach went from idle (about 1000 RPM) up to around 4000 rpm. it was like synconised with the blinker turning on and off. so i get back to work and when i went to back into the parking spot, as soon as i put it in reverse, my tach just stopped working, went right to 0. the car was running fine though. so i back up and turn off the car.... wouldnt crank up after that. so i got a new battery cuz there was no life on the one i had when we checked it and the car ran perfect again.

i drove it for about 2 hours after work. it got late so i decided to go home... well, on the way home the lights started to dime again, my tach wasnt workin again, and my car was sputtering. my brights looked like i just had fog lights on, and when i turned onto my road i hit the gas and nuthing was happening. so i drop into 3rd... nuthin.. the car is bogging down slowly. i have it floor'd and its not getting any gas or sumthing. 2nd..still just slowing down. i put the car in 1st and it dies. so since im still rolling, i keep it in 1st and pop the clutch one good time. nothing. the oil and check engine light was the only lights working on the whole car.

so, since it has a new alternator and battery, i got a new dizzy.

put it on, and it still wont crank by itself. it will if i jump it off another car, but thats it. and when it does crank, the battery light is bright, the seat belt light is really dim. and the tach still doesnt work.

WTF is wrong withmy car???? anybody know which direction to put me in?

JEY$JDM
06-26-2008, 02:54 PM
no one knows huh?

Tech5
06-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Take it to a shop, sounds like either a bad ground, wiring for the alternator,or a bad pcm, the pcm sends a signal wire to the alternator in which it sends a signal back to tell it to charge....I think your way over your head need to take it to a shop, stop just guessing on parts because it looks like your not even close to the problem...

fire7882
06-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Most likely an alternator problem. Charge the battery and I bet it will start right up. Then it will run fine untill the battery dies.

Homer Simpson
06-28-2008, 02:08 AM
get your battery check jey, told you already bro

AnthonyF
06-28-2008, 08:50 AM
No 1: you didnt specify what kind of car.

No 2: More than likely you have a loose ground. You prob hit a bump or normal vibration and it has come loose. Try to locate every ground and see if any wires are cut.

No 3: Depending on where u get your parts ( i only use Interstate batteries) your alternator might be sh*t. I've seen a lot of my buddies with hondas buy their own alt, and it still failed to stay funny. Make sure u didnt short your alt wire on the block anywhere.

-Ant.

JEY$JDM
06-30-2008, 12:34 PM
thanx guys. ill go check everything.

JEY$JDM
07-01-2008, 09:21 AM
hmm. what about main relay? i knw they are sensitive to heat...? i just dnt knw why it would go out on me if it is the relay in the middle of the night? my car did sit in the hot ass sun all day at work though for 2 weeks straight... then one day didnt want to act right! idk.