PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court Heller Decision on the 2nd amendment

markopolo311
06-26-2008, 09:48 AM
http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/

Supreme court decides 5-4 that the 2nd amendment states an individual right to bear arms, with some limitations just as the 1st asmendment has limitations. DC handgun ban ruled unconstituional.

BanginJimmy
06-26-2008, 10:15 AM
I am so glad that it was shot down. If that was upheld we would have seen these laws spring up all over the country.

Nerdsrock22
06-26-2008, 11:52 AM
I am so glad that it was shot down. If that was upheld we would have seen these laws spring up all over the country.

No. It would have been American Revolution II time.

ShooterMcGavin
06-26-2008, 01:06 PM
indeed some good news out of dc today.

Danny
06-26-2008, 04:49 PM
No. It would have been American Revolution II time.

yep. I was very happy (and still am) this morning. Glad to see the good guys finally won.

On to deal with Campus carry, and that Alice Johnson. arghhh

Danny
06-26-2008, 04:52 PM
also, am I the only one uncomfortable with how close the decision was?

BanginJimmy
06-26-2008, 07:13 PM
also, am I the only one uncomfortable with how close the decision was?

There are 4 liberal judges on the court, also remember the reasoning for calling LA's death penalty for child rapists law unconsitiutional.

It seems that our current Supreme Court is more interested in public sentiment than it is with the law.

Lucky DAWG
06-26-2008, 07:17 PM
There are 4 liberal judges on the court, also remember the reasoning for calling LA's death penalty for child rapists law unconsitiutional.

It seems that our current Supreme Court is more interested in public sentiment than it is with the law.

you are probably my favorite poster in wallstreet of late, very good point man. Any child rapist deserves the worst thing they can possibly get. I'd almost rather pay for them to be in jail though because the other inmates hate them just as much.

+1 for another person with reason