PDA

View Full Version : car salesman

Duke E. Love
06-25-2008, 09:49 PM
i may have the opportunity to work for a honda dealership. but im not sure about the stability. i was wondering if any sales cars or knows someone that sales them. and about how much the average monthly. because i know u will not make the same thing every week. thanks in advance.

as far as my ability to sale. i am a good people person. i sold about 5 cars last year. but from the front yard. nothing on a professional level or anything.

henryjkim
06-26-2008, 12:38 AM
i may have the opportunity to work for a honda dealership. but im not sure about the stability. i was wondering if any sales cars or knows someone that sales them. and about how much the average monthly. because i know u will not make the same thing every week. thanks in advance.

as far as my ability to sale. i am a good people person. i sold about 5 cars last year. but from the front yard. nothing on a professional level or anything.

i sell cars right now. its ok. you have your good month and you have your bad ones. you can go from a 1000 dollar paycheck to a 400 paycheck. just be ready for long hours and ok pay. but for me i am out as soon as i get the chance. but then again my dealership is bull**** they make me do everything there and pay me **** :2up:

Duke E. Love
06-26-2008, 01:22 AM
i sell cars right now. its ok. you have your good month and you have your bad ones. you can go from a 1000 dollar paycheck to a 400 paycheck. just be ready for long hours and ok pay. but for me i am out as soon as i get the chance. but then again my dealership is bull**** they make me do everything there and pay me **** :2up:

so its nothing u recommend? dou get salary plus comission? which dealership do u work at

henryjkim
06-26-2008, 09:01 AM
no most places just pay you comission. if you dont sell enough cars they they pay you min wage but you next check it gets taken out its called "the hole" www.armotorsports.net

AlanŽ
06-26-2008, 10:47 AM
yea i wouldn't reccomend it. looking to get out in the next week.

blaknoize
06-26-2008, 03:35 PM
A, ur sellin Honda's those bish's sell themselves nowadays

KPowerEP3
06-27-2008, 05:47 PM
You guys must work at crappy stores, We've done between 55-60 the last 3 months between 6 salespeople. It's all used though...yeah, and we're on track for that again this month.

To answer the OP's question though, it's pretty much like the other guy said. I've been out of it for a while until recently, but using my last time as an example, one month I NETTED $7200, the next, my gross was about $1500. Your pay just really depends on what you put into it. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true, if you get your name and your card out there all you can, and give 200% effort to your customers and get referrals, you'll do OK.

Internet sales is where it's at, though. ;)

preferredduck
06-28-2008, 10:09 AM
You guys must work at crappy stores, We've done between 55-60 the last 3 months between 6 salespeople. It's all used though...yeah, and we're on track for that again this month.

To answer the OP's question though, it's pretty much like the other guy said. I've been out of it for a while until recently, but using my last time as an example, one month I NETTED $7200, the next, my gross was about $1500. Your pay just really depends on what you put into it. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true, if you get your name and your card out there all you can, and give 200% effort to your customers and get referrals, you'll do OK.

Internet sales is where it's at, though. ;)

well said, i had to leave a ford dealership b/c i lost my D/L, used cars is where the money is and the internet.

EmotorsportsE
06-28-2008, 10:20 AM
I sold at Carl Black in Kennesaw for over a year, we had a $2000 draw, got payed on 15th and 30th, then got our commision checks minus the $2000 on the 3rd, if we didn't sell we just got $2000, didn't have to pay it back the next month. Used cars is definitely where its at, make sure whatever dealer you go to has a good used car dept. I averaged anywhere from $3000-8000 a month, but maybe had 1 day off a week if I was lucky, but we had late and early days but I pulled 60-80 hours a week. I quit because of the hours, the drive, and gas, definitely not the money.

E

EJ25RUN
06-28-2008, 10:23 AM
recommendations from my experience.

Find a dealership that sells cars you can get people excited in, it makes it much easier.

+, the Maada (http://www.maada.com/index.html) has an automotive car sales coarse i took which was very well put together and i learned alot. + My dealer paid for me to go.

last, try to get one where you can have a good rep with your manager and co sales men, that way less sales are stolen.

+, when i was at Subaru, i had sundays off + 1 more day, and the hours were not bad.

stillaneon
06-28-2008, 10:27 AM
no most places just pay you comission. if you dont sell enough cars they they pay you min wage but you next check it gets taken out its called "the hole" www.armotorsports.net (http://www.armotorsports.net)

Um, that is what they call draw pay.

I worked with kpowermp3 among other dealerships.

Your best bet if you want to sell cars is to find a high grossing dealership.

A dealership that has the time and money to train you but will allow you to get 10-12 cars a month by default.

Depending on your age, you may not be taken seriously. It happens and is probably the hardest thing to overcome as a young adult.

You need to spend your free time researching the cars you sell, the cars your competitor sells and as stupid as it sounds, work on walkarounds (the process of introducing a customer to their new vehicle) You want to have 4-5 points (i.e. engine bay, driver side, passenger side, rear, and interior) and want to have 3-4 features per point. Do not give a feature without a benefit. You need to learn to sell to the customer.

Men usually are sold on horsepower and options (i.e. electronics, power stuff) and women are sold more on functionality and safety. I said usually so dont think every guy you see cares how fast the car will go 0-60. If they are shopping for a minivan, chances are functionality is the key. BTW- Men are more apt to buy minivans than women.

The easiest trap to fall into is the trap of getting lazy.

Most Sales managers dont care what you do and hardly notice if you are there. Do not let that motivate you down the wrong path. Stay diligent. Call every fuccing number you can find and catch every up on the lot. putting your name out there is the only way to sell. If you only get 1% of the people you talk to, to buy a car, then you need to talk to 1 thousand people to sell 10.......

Use resources. Internet, Friends and Family to push the cards to people they know.

Good Luck!:goodjob:

ironchef
06-28-2008, 10:43 AM

as far as my ability to sale. i am a good people person. i sold about 5 cars last year. but from the front yard. nothing on a professional level or anything.You should probably learn the difference between "sale" & "sell" before you do anything.

stillaneon
06-28-2008, 10:57 AM
You should probably learn the difference between "sale" & "sell" before you do anything.

I wanted to say it but I was like, "Nah. I'll leave it alone!"

ironchef
06-28-2008, 11:03 AM
LOL, for real though, how are you going to get into that like of work if you don't know the difference between 2 simple terms like that?

stillaneon
06-28-2008, 11:21 AM
LOL, for real though, how are you going to get into that link of work if you don't know the difference between 2 simple terms like that?

"link" and "line"??

lol

ironchef
06-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Shut up lol.