PDA

View Full Version : My family is starting a new business ( Ice Cream shop)

cactusEG
06-25-2008, 04:46 PM
What I need to know is
1. Where to buy, Kitchen Appliances. Deep freezers, display coolers, tables, chairs etc...
2. Big lite up sign or sign display

Any places in the Atlanta area or athens. Any other helpful info, is welcome...

cactusEG
06-25-2008, 10:09 PM
any know ?

Revmaynard
06-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Just don't eat all the ice cream or you won't make any money.

aaronfelipe
06-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Start looking at places that are going out of business.

cactusEG
06-25-2008, 10:16 PM

Good thinking man +1. The other day we tryed that. My cuz told me of a place that went out of business, but we couldnt find the place... BTW u have a pm :goodjob:

Revmaynard
06-25-2008, 10:19 PM
The Bruster's I worked for as a first job stopped giving an employee treat because it got so slow during the winter. They almost shut down for a few months because the owner was losing money because we still ate it lol.

BTW, one large shake there is the equivalent to roughly 3 single serving ice cream scoops. Give out 10 of those and that hurts you.

cactusEG
06-25-2008, 10:22 PM
It's dumb because it's true. The Bruster's I worked for as a first job stop giving an employee treat because it got so slow during the winter. They almost shut down for a few months because the owner was losing money because we still ate it lol. Thanks :goodjob:

BTW, one large shake there is the equivalent to roughly 3 single serving ice cream scoops. Give out 10 of those and that hurts you.

Ok I see what ur trying to say. thanks...

quickdodge®
06-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Just don't eat all the ice cream or you won't make any money.

Lolol. Alannis Morrisette. Where the fucc you at, girl!!! Later, QD.

Nissangeek
06-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Atlanta Fixtures off of Chamblee Tucker. Also Viking in Buckhead.

b.a.d. s2000
06-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Restaurant depot has some equipments as well. try craigslist as well as auction sites.

Lucky DAWG
06-26-2008, 07:08 PM
don't install tanning beds near your ice cream

Nittanys1
06-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Craigs list is a place to start looking. When I worked at the Wing we got most of the stuff we needed from Direct South and Ed Don

Direct South Inc
www.directsouth.com

4485 Commerce Dr # 103
Buford, GA 30518
(770) 614-5404

ED DON
Edward Don & Co‎
6255 Brook Hollow Pkwy
Norcross, GA 30071
(770) 239-5025

www.don.com‎

reps would be nice :D

james
06-26-2008, 11:46 PM
i used to work a ****ty low paying dead end job at a carvel here. i was the morning opening guy. i ate so much ****ing icecream there. we were allowed one thing per day. i ate like 15. easily. i got fat, quick.

they are out of business now. but tahts because the owner didnt know how to run a business.......or know how to keep his employees from eating allt he profits

quickdodge®
06-27-2008, 01:56 AM
i got fat, quick

The OP already has that one licked. Lolol. Literally. Later, QD.

kfzemx3
06-27-2008, 08:43 AM
2. Big lite up sign or sign display

www.allureglobal.com

Digital Media Signage :)

cactusEG
06-27-2008, 06:14 PM
+ to all helpful info. thanks fellas...

SleeperWRX
06-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Ice Cream shop is no business

nsany(atl)
06-27-2008, 06:47 PM
light up signs, great guys honest and do on site service

Neon Zone
105 Towne Lake Pkwy
Woodstock, GA 30188

(770) 926-1643ý

cactusEG
06-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Ice Cream shop is no business

y not ?

aaronfelipe
06-27-2008, 09:08 PM

Check in buckhead/clairmont/piedmont area. I have seen a few places go including supermarkets.

cactusEG
06-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Check in buckhead/clairmont/piedmont area. I have seen a few places go including supermarkets.

Thanks man. I bet since they are going out of bizz. I could haggle with them on prices...

aaronfelipe
06-27-2008, 09:11 PM
y not ?
Hey man, if you have a game plan and think it's good, don't let anyone question your idea. Only you know your reasons and beleifs. Many many succesful businesses have started out with the "WTF are you thinking" criticism. Just my :2cents:

aaronfelipe
06-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks man. I bet since they are going out of bizz. I could haggle with them on prices...

Absolutely, they either sell it for cheap or let the bank take over it and get close to nothing for them. They key to this man is having cash ready to go so you can assure you the best price.

cactusEG
06-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey man, if you have a game plan and think it's good, don't let anyone question your idea. Only you know your reasons and beleifs. Many many succesful businesses have started out with the "WTF are you thinking" criticism. Just my :2cents:
True. We already invested to much money and got the buliding, to turn back now...

Absolutely, they either sell it for cheap or let the bank take over it and get close to nothing for them. They key to this man is having cash ready to go so you can assure you the best price.

Good thinking, ppl can resist when the moneys in their face...

preferredduck
06-28-2008, 09:56 AM
craigslist has equipment like that, hell i was laughing at an ice cream cart the other day!!! MMM you guys can make chocolate shakes, can i be your friend. lol

ironchef
06-28-2008, 10:00 AM
You should buy a business that has steady year round profit potential. Sure ice cream places kick ass in the summer, but they suck balls in the winter.

james
06-28-2008, 08:44 PM
You should buy a business that has steady year round profit potential. Sure ice cream places kick ass in the summer, but they suck balls in the winter.

eh, theres plenty of fatasses around that appreciate a banana split all year round. because, you know, bananas are healthy

BUGMAN
06-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Where is your shop going to be at when it does open? I think I read that you already have the building right?

Shoot me a PM when ya get ready to open it and we will ride out for some criticism. :eek:

Good luck!

quickdodge®
06-29-2008, 04:52 PM
eh, theres plenty of fatasses around that appreciate a banana split all year round. because, you know, bananas are healthy

Oh the irony in this statement. Lolol. Later, QD.

cactusEG
06-29-2008, 05:13 PM

Ice cream isnt the only the we r going to be selling...

Where is your shop going to be at when it does open? I think I read that you already have the building right?

Shoot me a PM when ya get ready to open it and we will ride out for some criticism. :eek:

Good luck!

It should be opening up with in 2weeks. Yea man, come out. Trust me ur going to like home made ice cream. :goodjob: I'll pm u directions soon...

BUGMAN
06-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I'll pm u directions soon...

:goodjob:

cactusEG
06-29-2008, 05:38 PM
:goodjob:

PMed :D

quickdodge®
06-29-2008, 05:46 PM
As they say in the drug business, and this could apply in the restaurant business as well, never inhale what you sell. Lolol. Good luck. Later, QD.

LeX
06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Good luck. Even ice cream businesses that sell other things like breakfast food or sandwiches aren't really successful.. people go for the mainstream. I worked for jake's and muriel and sebastians. You have to watch your employees hardcore as they steal all the time even if you think you trust them. In the end it's just not that profitable competing against the big boys... don't do it as a primary source of income, do it as a secondary cause it's really not the best choice as your only income source

puregroove
06-30-2008, 04:05 PM
You guys need to carry something along the lines of these guys::: http://www.dippindots.com/

I would definitely stop by.

LeX
06-30-2008, 05:15 PM
You guys need to carry something along the lines of these guys::: http://www.dippindots.com/

yeah dude, that's the problem. There are the established brands. There honestly isn't much room in the market right now for smaller stores in terms of profability as a primary source of income

puregroove
06-30-2008, 05:25 PM
yeah dude, that's the problem. There are the established brands. There honestly isn't much room in the market right now for smaller stores in terms of profability as a primary source of income

yeah, I hope Brewster's isn't around the corner from this new shop.

cactusEG
06-30-2008, 06:25 PM

Most of the stuff there is going to be home made...

BUGMAN
06-30-2008, 09:19 PM
If you have a Brownie Sundae as good as Bruster's then I will visit frequently. :goodjob:

Kevykev
06-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Good luck with the deal.

I met a guy that gets appliances wholesale.

Pm me if you still need his number.

cactusEG
07-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Good luck with the deal.

I met a guy that gets appliances wholesale.

Pm me if you still need his number.

PMed :goodjob:

ksniperfox
07-01-2008, 07:21 PM
getting away from landscaping, eh?

cactusEG
07-01-2008, 07:39 PM
getting away from landscaping, eh?

dad still moking weed ?

quickdodge®
07-02-2008, 12:15 AM
dad still moking weed ?

You still an illiterate, college flunking fat fucc? Later, QD.

cactusEG
07-02-2008, 10:43 AM
You still an illiterate, college flunking fat fucc? Later, QD.

Bitcch ass stalking, trash that dosnt take showers, old ass mother fuccker. Later cactus...

quickdodge®
07-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Hmmmm....the facts speak for themselves:

You = Fat - easily seen
You = Illiterate - one must only need read your posts to see this
You = College flunking - you admitted to this yourself

Me = Trash - My home is probably worth more than your entire family "fortune"
Me = Old - If you think mid 30s is old then ok
Me = Mother fuccer - Well you're right
Me = Doesn't take showers? - What would possess you to pull this out of your ass?

It seems that while I describe you to a perfect Tee, it seems that, once again, you have nothing on me except fantasidal (made up word) tendencies about who you think I am or want me to be. Later, QD.

stillaneon
07-03-2008, 09:05 AM
It should be opening up with in 2weeks. Yea man, come out. Trust me ur going to like home made ice cream. :goodjob: I'll pm u directions soon...

Why would you PM him directions? You would think you would want to Advertise this. Or is success not the idea you were going for??

You need to run specials when you start to get people there.

quickdodge®
07-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Why would you PM him directions? You would think you would want to Advertise this. Or is success not the idea you were going for??

You need to run specials when you start to get people there.

Can't advertise unless you're a site sponsor. Later, QD.

BUGMAN
07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Can't advertise unless you're a site sponsor. Later, QD.

I agree but when I asked for directions he could of replied in the open forums. I don't think that would of been considered advertising and it would of put a little spot out there for them.

Either way we are ready to go do some taste testing and the location being in Corneila is perfect to take the verts out on a sunny day.

quickdodge®
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
I agree but when I asked for directions he could of replied in the open forums. I don't think that would of been considered advertising and it would of put a little spot out there for them.

Oh well. Later, QD.