PDA

View Full Version : Misc What day was Jesus Crucified on and what day did he rise?

4dmin
08-23-2005, 08:24 AM
What day was Jesus Crucified on and what day did he rise? There are many conflicting ideas on this so what do you believe.

ruah_23
08-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Friday Crucified (Good Friday)
Rise on Sunday (easter)

What conflicting stories did u hear?:confused:

4dmin
08-23-2005, 01:06 PM
if i'm not mistaken the bible itself has some conflicting accounts on this... i'll have to find the specific part but one is about jesus making a phrophecy of rising on the third day and i think in matthew he states after 3 days... so in that case that would be after sunday? :thinking:

ISAtlanta300
08-23-2005, 02:49 PM
The common assumption amongst Roman Catholics or Christians is that he died on a friday, and was risen on Sunday...

However, being Jewish, he may have actually been crucified on Wednesday or Thursday and risen on Saturday (the Sabbath).

AtifSajid
08-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Islam says in the time frame of October to January. We never found actual facts stating when he was born and when he passed, thats why we dont celebrate Christmas.

We do have actual facts about the birth and death of Prophet Mohammad - so that day we just have huge prayers. No fun or no sadness..just prayer that day.

EDIT - Prophet Mohammed was born and passed away on the same day.