PDA

View Full Version : Misc Are you the same religion as your parents?

4dmin
08-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Are you the same religion as your parents? (poll/post up)

--------------------------------------------------------

Me no, but my parents have quite mixed beliefs my Father was raised Jehova Witness, and my Mother Catholic.

blacknightteg
08-23-2005, 08:03 AM
yeah, im the same religion as my parents but i really dont practice it anymore, im still behind my faith though

Jaimecbr900
08-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Are you saying like Christian vs Buddhist or are you saying Catholic vs Baptist?

Tracy
08-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Well....I wasn't really raised with religion. The only time I went to church was if I spent the night at my friends house. I believe in God (not sure if his name is God, Allah or whatever). I'm just not educated enough on any religion to just pick one. I have my own beliefs:
1)There is a God of kind
2)He loves me
3)If I'm a good person I will go to heaven or wherever the good people go after they die :)
4)Jesus was probably the son of God just like we are all the children of God (not necessarily from emaculate conception)
5)The stories told in the bible probably happened to some degree, but after time and translation things are lost and/or exaggerated thru time (kind of like the game telephone)

In other words. My parents never taught me any religion because they aren't very religious themselves. So, I guess I have the same religion as them :)

Hulud
08-23-2005, 11:53 AM
i dont believe in organized religion or god for that matter. but my parents are episcopal, and most my friends are religious

C22H19N3O4
08-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Religion is a journey one must make alone. It does not need to be facilitated by a man in a Armani suit driving an $80,000 car.

4dmin
08-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Religion is a journey one must make alone. It does not need to be facilitated by a man in a Armani suit driving an $80,000 car.

:lmfao: that has to be the best thing i've read in this forum today :goodjob: +10

Jaimecbr900
08-23-2005, 02:24 PM
^^^^Answer my question and quit giving everybody +10's :rant: :D

4dmin
08-23-2005, 02:38 PM
its not a hard question jamey, if your parents are/were catholic and you worship the devil then i would say you have different religions :goodjob:

Pedal
08-26-2005, 01:46 PM
the same b/c we dont have one/claim one

Killer
08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm going with sorta, my parents are christians.... but they don't really practice it.... i was raised just to believe and that was good enough... i've come to find out on my own that it's not. so i'm a God loving Christian... cause even the devil believes in God.

GsrTurbo320
01-29-2006, 01:50 PM
IM BROWN!!

EJ25RUN
01-29-2006, 02:12 PM
mom- jewish, dad- christian, me barly anything,

not really into that sorts thing.

The Ren
01-29-2006, 02:13 PM
I said sorta because my dad is very very religous orthodox jewish. I am jewish but not to the extent he is. I am more conservidox. Meaning I am jewish and I celebrate the holidays, and I go to schul (synoguge) on the high holidays but I dont go every saturday and I dont keep kosher.

metalman
01-29-2006, 03:40 PM
I believe in God .....

5)The stories told in the bible probably happened to some degree, but after time and translation things are lost and/or exaggerated thru time (kind of like the game telephone)

This combination always amazes me. There are many people who believe in God but not enough to think he can preserve the integrity of His Word. I think its human nature to want an "out" from being obliged to follow written instruction. ;)

xxrealmsxx
01-29-2006, 11:27 PM
I believe in a higher power, I hang a cross around my neck.
I was raised as a baptist in Jamaica, my mother believes everything in the bible as fact I see them as parables furthermore I dont have a lot of respect for christianity as a whole because..

....history tells us that Europeans went to the middle east (the romans) stole Christianity and made it their own (Constantine), grew it to their own ends then returned to the area to persecute the evolution of that very religion (Islam), and that religions predecessor (Judiasm).

There is a higher power, many brilliant scientists when looking at the universe, and life in its simplest form believe so, I believe that the many religions on the planet are all saying the same thing, however the get polluted by men who try to use them as justification to wage their own wars etc.

..I put my faith in it and am thankful when I am successful. However I see no need to persecute others or try to "convert" them since their relationship with a higher power is there business and there own only.

Jimmy B
01-30-2006, 11:46 AM
yup.. baptist, i respect some other christian religions, even take some beliefs from them, but i am southern baptist through, and through

silver
01-30-2006, 12:21 PM
My mom is Catholic.. and I am Christian.... I don't really see my dad, so I am not really sure what he is.. I think he is just a pot head...

aaronfelipe
01-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Sorta, Im still the same but not nearly as devout as them.

ReCkLe5s
02-03-2006, 12:16 AM
def not my parents are episcopal and im penacostal but i can still drink the booze like a episcopal... oh well

98Impreza234
02-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Nope there Catholic im Taoist.

babygurl
03-09-2006, 09:33 AM
My step dad is catholic, and my mother is penacostal!

I am penacostal!

v3rd1g0
03-09-2006, 09:53 AM
haha you dug up a grave XD been over amonth since someone posted here lol. oh well might aswell join in...unless i already have too bad i'll do it again. my mom is baptist and works at a methodist church. My dad is catholic, and i'm am athiest..my brother...dik yet, he thinks like me so i figure he'll become athiest(he's oknly 12 right now)

Romeyo07
04-13-2006, 05:32 PM
mom raised us pentecostal, I go to a baptist church, but I hate labeling myself as one thing or another.

Amazing the differences between one christian religion and another. I guess that just gives non believers another thing to keep them away. I've had that talk way too many times.