PDA

View Full Version : A couple of problems with my Civic....

KlassAct_EJ6
06-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm looking for new axles for my '98 Civic LX. They are costing me money every few months. I'm trying to find a company that makes axles that are stronger than stock, but not high performance. Also, I was told by a mechanic back in March that I have a bad sensor that Honda doesn't make for my Civic anymore. Has any Honda guys heard of this "extinct" sensor? Are there any shops around Atlanta that anyone can recommend that could make my search a little bit easier?

Turbodude06
06-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Ok what does the sensor do, and why are u going threw axles that much are u turbo'd or really slamed?

KlassAct_EJ6
06-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Ok what does the sensor do, and why are u going threw axles that much are u turbo'd or really slamed?

I was going to call my dad and ask him what the sensor went to tomorrow. He took it to the shop for me and has the statement. And I just have lowering springs and kyb shocks, nothing major. It's not that low at all. And specifically, it's really not the entire axle itself but just the cv joints. For some reason I have to take my car back to a shop every 3-5 months for the past couple years to get it fixed.

E=MC˛
06-23-2008, 09:01 PM
check out hasport, summitracing.com, or the driveshaftshop.com

KlassAct_EJ6
06-23-2008, 09:22 PM
check out hasport, summitracing.com, or the driveshaftshop.com

Thanks, will do.:goodjob: If anyone else has any info. to share feel free to.

Barefoot
06-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Ok what does the sensor do, and why are u going threw axles that much are u turbo'd or really slamed?if u can answer those questions it would be a big help.