PDA

View Full Version : FS: Sirius Satellite Tuner & FM mod/Add on controller

T-Mo Goodie
08-23-2005, 12:52 AM
I have a Sirius Satellite system that I just pulled from a wrecked truck that I got from the auction this weekend. It is the Kenwood Sirius system.

Model numbers and info:

Tuner: Kenwood KTC SR903
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2004/113/h113SR903-f_dmt-fa.jpeg
*Connect to virtually ANY car stereo (using optional KCA R71FM adapter) INCLUDED WITH THIS PACKAGE DEAL
*Connects DIRECTLY to any 2002-2004 Kenwood In-Dash Receivers
*Connects via 5 Line changer terminals; requires no seperate power and ground connections
*RCA line outputs: left and right
*Requires optional antenna
*Single wires antenna connection

FM Modulator and Controller: Kenwood KCA R71FM
http://images.cardomain.net/products/ken/KENKCAR71FM_1.jpg
*12 adjustable modulation frequencies
*Source selector switch (allows you to switch between SIRIUS tuner, CD changer, or Music Keg)
*13-pin input accepts cable from Kenwood SIRIUS tuner, Music Keg, or CD changer
*scrolling text
*adjustable modulation level
*Dynamic Control boosts high frequencies
*Dash mount Display/Contoller & Hideaway Unit

ASKING PRICE $75 OBO FOR EVERYTHING. LMK

rnd2000
08-23-2005, 07:49 PM
give you 50 for it

Julio
08-23-2005, 08:06 PM
to high. Old system. You can buy that for about 50 bucks new. =[

On the other hand I think is hard to find to.

quickdodgeŽ
08-23-2005, 08:31 PM
I'll have to agree. That is a high price for a tuner/modulator and still have to out and buy an antennae. Later, QD.

T-Mo Goodie
08-23-2005, 09:22 PM
it is OBO though. I had to start somewhere.

T-Mo Goodie
08-24-2005, 07:05 AM
the antenna for it is only $25. PRICE DROPPED!!!! Also Julio, where did you find BOTH pieces NEW for $50???? Everywhere I looked it said between $80-150. :confused: On Kenwood's website they list it as $199.

Depending on where you buy it from the Tuner doesn't come with the Controller/FM modulator. So factor that in too. I am NOT trying to rape anyone with those prices. ;)

tluve69
08-24-2005, 09:12 AM
50 bux, that is fair.

Julio
08-24-2005, 04:12 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/item/KENKTCSR903

T-Mo Goodie
08-24-2005, 05:54 PM
True to that ^^ BUT you can use the box (pic #1) without the contoller (pic #2) OR vice verse or you can use them together.

The box can be used seperately if you have a '02 and newer Kenwood deck w/ Cd changer function.

The FM modulator and Controller can be ADDED to that and used with just about ANY radio.

So my point is that this price is for both parts. The part you are giving is for that seperate piece. Thats why alot of places say "out of stock or not available" when you put in just the box part number. I am trying to get at least $60 bucks or maybe I will just keep it for my own car.

So yeah if anyone wants to offer $60 its yours. ;)

quickdodgeŽ
08-24-2005, 06:41 PM
I'd keep it, T-Mo. Very much worth it. Specially since you already have it. I have it in my house and both of my cars. Later, QD.

T-Mo Goodie
08-24-2005, 07:14 PM
I was just thinking about that actually. I really like it. I forgot to mention that the subscription is still active. It is well worth the $75 I was asking. Only thing is I have so many gadgets in my car. I have a Pioneer HU w/ built in DVD player, ipod, and if I keep it, sirius satellite radio. I still have alot of stuff in my room thats going in as soon as I get an alarm.

I guess I was kind of testing the waters.