PDA

View Full Version : Transmission problem - Civic

fininfarina
06-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I have LS swapped EK hatch

The problem is 5th gear, does not get engaged smoothly, it was not like this before, just happend few weeks ago.(sometime 3rd gear is hard too)

1,2,3,4 gear goes really well
but final gear is not easy to shifts up, it does not grind, shifts good otherwise, only sometimes bother me as hell.
I push really hard, then it gets in lol.

I took my car to mechanic, he said the is a rubber that hold gear shaft on the right way, and its damaged.
I don't believe him lol, he messes sometimes

Does any one knows what the problem is??

xdavidscenex
06-22-2008, 11:02 PM
could be the rubber piece actually. or the tranny.

1SOL2NV
06-22-2008, 11:37 PM
ive had 2 faulty tranny mounts fail and cause all my gears to grind .. fixed the mount and the tranny quit grinding .... just a suggestion .. and it sounds kinda weird .. but that worked for me ... and i would get a second opinion on the tranny from MAINSTREAM .. there supposedly HELLA GOOD with honda tranny's .so hit em up they are a site sponsor .

bRiAnMcIvIcS
06-22-2008, 11:40 PM
ive had 2 faulty tranny mounts fail and cause all my gears to grind .. fixed the mount and the tranny quit grinding .... just a suggestion .. and it sounds kinda weird .. but that worked for me ... and i would get a second opinion on the tranny from MAINSTREAM .. there supposedly HELLA GOOD with honda tranny's .so hit em up they are a site sponsor .

Mainstream. FTW:goodjob: