PDA

View Full Version : Misc ATHENS: 5and10 and the Rose theater...

Echonova
06-22-2008, 10:21 AM
5and10

So last night I took my wife out. Went to the 5and10 restaurant, let me just say ZOMG. The food was to die for, as was the service top-notch. The food portions were spot-on in quantity. The restaurant is by reservation only (not hard to get a reservation same day), but I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. I cannot speak for the rest of the staff, but our waiter was the best server I've ever had. So much so, I left a tip that was almost half the price of our meal. Speaking of which, the prices are not bad considering how great the food is. My wife and I both had an appetizer, main course, dessert and a bottle of wine and the bill was only 103 and change. :goodjob:

Now on the the Rose Theater of Athens...

Went and saw a play @ UGA after dinner. Went to "A mid-summer's night dream" by Shakespeare. While there were some liberties taken with the play... The actors were phenomenal. I was surprised with as good as they were their weren't more people there. They make up with talent what they lack in a big budget, which is the way theater should be (I think). My wife and I were so impressed we will be back for more plays this year and are budgeting to become a sponsor/supporter next year.

Anyway, if you're looking for something to do in Athens, I highly recommend both.

Halfwit
06-22-2008, 06:04 PM
100$ rly isnt bad for appetizer, main, desert, and wine. at a nice place.

Echonova
06-22-2008, 06:17 PM
That's what I'm saying...

Scotsman
06-22-2008, 06:18 PM
hmmmmmmmm , i'll have to take the wife up there and check it out

quickdodgeŽ
06-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Your car is primer. You're not taking your wife anywhere that does NOT have a Value Menu. Later, QD.

Scotsman
06-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Your car is primer. You're not taking your wife anywhere that does NOT have a Value Menu. Later, QD.FAQ:taun:

Double_0_Rusty
06-22-2008, 07:01 PM
I've heard good things about 5and10. Maybe the next place I take my lady out to.

quickdodgeŽ
06-22-2008, 07:14 PM
hmmmmmmmm , i'll have to take the wife up there and check it out

Lolol. Later, QD.

Lucky DAWG
06-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Your car is primer. You're not taking your wife anywhere that does NOT have a Value Menu. Later, QD.

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha :lmfao: