PDA

View Full Version : freedom of speech ?

mr.koupe
06-21-2008, 07:10 PM
ok, a friend that is also on these forums whose name i will not disclose has been arrested at a local mall because he had a t-shirt on that reads in large print on the back fu6k b!tch3s g3+ m0ney.. the officer approcahed him and asked, "could you change your shirt because it is vulgar and there are children here and he refused to remove it. the officer then arrested him on site for not removing his shirt for disorderly conduct. is this not illegal ???!!?!?!?? i thought your clothing was a freedom of speech ?

discuss.... :thinking:

redrumracer
06-21-2008, 07:13 PM
well it doesnt really say any bad words and i dont think that it would be against the law

mr.koupe
06-21-2008, 07:15 PM
then why would he get arrested ?>

Hulud
06-21-2008, 07:15 PM
profanity is not covered under freedom of speech

Hulud
06-21-2008, 07:16 PM
well it doesnt really say any bad words and i dont think that it would be against the law
f*ck and b*tch are words that children should see?

Hulud
06-21-2008, 07:19 PM
i have a shirt that says "Peace the f*ck out"

and if a cop asked me to take it off, i would.

redrumracer
06-21-2008, 07:47 PM
f*ck and b*tch are words that children should see?
well i was taking what he said the shirt as literal and not that he was trying to elude the censors.

Alan®
06-21-2008, 08:00 PM
ehhh idk

.:EuRo FLYbOy:.
06-21-2008, 08:03 PM
What mall was this at? Because a couple months ago I had my hoodie up and the cop/security told me to take it off...? I don't see what harm my hoodie being on my head could do.... but I just took it off anyway because it wasn't a big deal. This was in Mall of Georgia

Hulud
06-21-2008, 08:04 PM
well i was taking what he said the shirt as literal and not that he was trying to elude the censors.
o duh i didnt even think about that LOL

my bad

Lucky DAWG
06-21-2008, 08:09 PM
your friend is a ****ing moron for wearing that in the first place.

yes the cop was in the right
i would approach you myself if my kid noticed it and said something to me

ISAtlanta300
06-21-2008, 10:51 PM
then why would he get arrested ?>

because he was on private property.

Jimmy B
06-22-2008, 07:39 AM
i would have asked him to cover it up, turn it inside out, or change shirts too... its not approprate(sc) with kids around... i guess since im a dad now my thoughts have changed, but i dont curse, adn i dont expect my son to be around that eather.

Frög
06-22-2008, 07:43 AM
whether cops is right or wrong, I listen to them.. Last time i tried to get smart and was in my right I got arrested for disorderly conduct..

But you got to see it from their point of view..

I mean, I would be pissed too if I sucked at life and never went to college and was paid less than janitors..

Lucky DAWG
06-22-2008, 10:10 AM
i would have asked him to cover it up, turn it inside out, or change shirts too... its not approprate(sc) with kids around... i guess since im a dad now my thoughts have changed, but i dont curse, adn i dont expect my son to be around that eather.

regardless of being a parent...
the gene pool has no room for people who think thats appropriate anywhere you go