PDA

View Full Version : Misc anbody like the same music as me ?

efman
08-22-2005, 09:06 PM
i was just wondering if anybody likes the same stuff as me i see all these rap threads but thats it so heres my favorite music list: sublime,flogging molly,dropkick murphys,old no doubt,refreshments,mustard plug and ska. does anybody else listen to this stuff just curious. :blah:

quickdodgeŽ
08-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Besides old school rap, my favorite is 80's rock. Later, QD.

green91
08-23-2005, 11:42 AM
ian junior, your the only one who listens to that music

Pher
08-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Nope, I listen to all of that stuff too. My tastes stretch to quite a lot of types. In fact, I'm listening to "Sublime - Same in the End" as we speak.

efman
08-23-2005, 07:06 PM
oh chris is wrong

green91
08-28-2005, 10:49 AM
i was just giving him a hard time because i know his brother

efman
08-28-2005, 11:22 AM
i know, hows your car going i never see you driving around any more

turbo_spool
08-28-2005, 11:24 AM
actually "Nextel Chirp" is the best song right now, nothing even compares to it....

Mike
08-28-2005, 12:15 PM
i am down with sublime dont really know any of the other bands you listed but i def like some sublime, 311, incubus all that good shit!

efman
08-28-2005, 02:39 PM
^ ya are you going to the 311 concert ? i am starting to come around to them

civicchic2000
08-28-2005, 04:10 PM
I actually listen to everything including country. I really really like Techno and Trance, but my favorite is like old skool soul and that down south CRUNK rap

efman
08-28-2005, 04:38 PM
hah technos funny i know people who always play that in there car i think it's funny
there are very few country songs i can stand i can think of 2 but i dont know there names

Hulud
08-28-2005, 05:46 PM
i was just wondering if anybody likes the same stuff as me i see all these rap threads but thats it so heres my favorite music list: sublime,flogging molly,dropkick murphys,old no doubt,refreshments,mustard plug and ska. does anybody else listen to this stuff just curious. :blah:
nah man i used to then i grew up! lol

i listen to hardcore now

Hulud
08-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Nope, I listen to all of that stuff too. My tastes stretch to quite a lot of types. In fact, I'm listening to "Sublime - Same in the End" as we speak.
hahahaha i just noticed your a brand of donut! lolololoolololololol

efman
08-28-2005, 05:48 PM
nah man i used to then i grew up! lol

i listen to hardcore now

hard core thats no fun man lol imo

Hulud
08-28-2005, 05:57 PM
pshhh when you grow up you will realize that punk really is dead.

hardcore is AMERICAN. fuck the goddamn brits! OI? wTF is that? fuck that!

Whatthatslame
08-28-2005, 06:25 PM

haha gotta learn to repect your roots... where do you think post hardcore came from?
If you go back and listen to real "hardcore" music you will see it is very much punk like...

:goodjob:

efman
08-28-2005, 07:11 PM

none of thats really punk it just has some punk in it

Andyturbo13
08-28-2005, 08:30 PM
I like to listen to system of a down, clucth, HIM, shinedown, and breaking benjiman, Varius punk, hardcore. (sorry if i missed spelled anything)

Hulud
08-28-2005, 08:39 PM
haha gotta learn to repect your roots... where do you think post hardcore came from?
If you go back and listen to real "hardcore" music you will see it is very much punk like...

:goodjob:
nah what you dont understand is that the whole hardcore movement was ANIT-punk
their philosophy was "were from the suburbs and we will do everything harder than you"

i did a paper on hardcore music last semester

COGCaviZ24
08-28-2005, 10:33 PM
I like to listen to system of a down, clucth, HIM, shinedown, and breaking benjiman, Varius punk, hardcore. (sorry if i missed spelled anything)

HIM is coming to the states for thier first american concert FYI. I gots me some tickets :goodjob:

as for me, I listen to everything but country. unless I'm at my mother-n-law's house, then I have no choice. Current song playing Avenged Sevenfold "Bat Country"

technoteg97
08-28-2005, 10:35 PM
..I dont listen to Emo music...because I am usually never depressed,..but I listen to Metal Music time to time.

Andyturbo13
08-28-2005, 10:37 PM
HIM is coming to the states for thier first american concert FYI. I gots me some tickets
thanks for the info.

Hulud
08-29-2005, 01:16 AM
HIM is coming to the states for thier first american concert FYI. I gots me some tickets :goodjob:

as for me, I listen to everything but country. unless I'm at my mother-n-law's house, then I have no choice. Current song playing Avenged Sevenfold "Bat Country"
ugh! man i have madden and that wretched song is on there wow they have really fallen off, not that they were terribly good to begin with

The Ren
08-29-2005, 06:16 AM
DKM... I didnt know anyone down here knew of em.. My boyfriend got me into them.. hes from Boston..

Hulud
08-29-2005, 09:18 AM
DKM... I didnt know anyone down here knew of em.. My boyfriend got me into them.. hes from Boston..
your way outta the loop huh?

Whatthatslame
08-29-2005, 09:21 AM
nah what you dont understand is that the whole hardcore movement was ANIT-punk
their philosophy was "were from the suburbs and we will do everything harder than you"

i did a paper on hardcore music last semester

:doh:
first before we get into a tizzy what do you consider "Hardcore music"

GTScoob
08-29-2005, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check them out.

A lot of that ska and punk is good stuff. Did you ever listen to the Bouncing Souls?

green91
08-29-2005, 12:22 PM
i know, hows your car going i never see you driving around any more

good, i drive it 80+ miles a day to work and back. 38mpg and 200+whp is hard to beat!

efman
08-29-2005, 07:16 PM
sounds good it looks good i hope i can find a car that clean

Hulud
08-29-2005, 09:10 PM
:doh:
first before we get into a tizzy what do you consider "Hardcore music"
its hard to describe it ya know what i mean?
but i can tell you what bands are not hardcore but people call them HxC. i mean real original hardcore has almost died out but there are still bands out there.

but hardcore music is energetic, powerful lyrics (screamed) usually political or social, music to dance to (slam dancing as it started out as), i mean most bands that people call HxC are usually what you would call metal-core

Whatthatslame
08-29-2005, 11:36 PM
Well what hardcore origianaly started off being was harder form of punk... started by bands like Agnostic Front, Black Flag, Badbrains, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat (Stright Edge movment, i bet they wish they could take that song back j/k)
this is like alternative music class...

what most people consider "HXC" is actually ranges from many diffrent (and gay) core genres... I doo agree to you more of the better "HXC" is Metalcore but alot thats being produced now is exreamly Post Hardcore Emocore...

Myself i have been becomming more and more a Fan of Deathmetal, Black Metal, Grindcore, Noise(just for laffs)... allthough i still enjoy the ocasion Dead Kennedys CD
or some of the Adicts or some Blitz (Oi)
but thats some of the stuff i like...

COGCaviZ24
08-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Myself i have been becomming more and more a Fan of Deathmetal, Black Metal, Grindcore, Noise(just for laffs)

same here. the kind of music that if ya grandma heard it, she would hold a cross in your face, say a few hail maries, and throigh holy water in your face.

Hulud
08-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Well what hardcore origianaly started off being was harder form of punk... started by bands like Agnostic Front, Black Flag, Badbrains, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat (Stright Edge movment, i bet they wish they could take that song back j/k)
this is like alternative music class...

what most people consider "HXC" is actually ranges from many diffrent (and gay) core genres... I doo agree to you more of the better "HXC" is Metalcore but alot thats being produced now is exreamly Post Hardcore Emocore...

Myself i have been becomming more and more a Fan of Deathmetal, Black Metal, Grindcore, Noise(just for laffs)... allthough i still enjoy the ocasion Dead Kennedys CD
or some of the Adicts or some Blitz (Oi)
but thats some of the stuff i like...
yea agreed but i dont ever want to stray from the messages of bands like Shai Hulud and Stretch Arm Strong and plenty of others ya know?

GTScoob
08-30-2005, 11:10 PM
haha I was just listening to Stretch Arm Strong earlier. Rituals of Life never gets old.

Hulud
08-30-2005, 11:12 PM
haha I was just listening to Stretch Arm Strong earlier. Rituals of Life never gets old.
no it never does

and did u goto their video shoot?

GTScoob
08-31-2005, 02:28 PM
no it never does

and did u goto their video shoot?

nah I'm kinda apprehensive about their new CD, I didnt like Engage too much.

Hulud
08-31-2005, 11:51 PM
nah I'm kinda apprehensive about their new CD, I didnt like Engage too much.
yea their new cd is gonna be like it i believe, i have heard the new song a few times