PDA

View Full Version : Tore my ACL last night

TheProfiteer
06-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Doing some stupid senseless horseing around with a buddy of mine. :no:

This is not pleasant, I went from perfectly fine normal person who can take care of himself, to a helpless cripple who cannot walk for the next week or so with out crutches.

I cant even take a Sh!t without stressin, or causing some form of pain.

I should have been stretching, if my flexibility wasnt as bad as it was (I am basically made of wood) then this probably wouldnt have happened.

Any one else here tear thier ACL, care to discuss?

Got Milk?
06-19-2008, 06:52 PM
what

x Resilience
06-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

gtikid
06-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Been there before. Worst fucking pain of my life! I teared up and everything when it happened :lmfao: Then to top it off, I had to drive home after my soccer game, shifting gears.

But, 1 surgery, 8-9 months of rehab, and 5 years later i'm good again :goodjob: I was scared to play again after my surgery but you get over it. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself........shit........

shortdog005
06-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Been there before. Worst fucking pain of my life! I teared up and everything when it happened :lmfao: Then to top it off, I had to drive home after my soccer game, shifting gears.

But, 1 surgery, 8-9 months of rehab, and 5 years later i'm good again :goodjob: I was scared to play again after my surgery but you get over it. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself........shit........

Same thing happen to me back in 02. Thats was the worse pain i think anyone
could have. Make sure you have enough pain pills cuz when they wear off
all that moving around comes back. It took me 3 years after surgery to
ever stepback on the court.

ShooterMcGavin
06-20-2008, 08:40 AM
i still don't have an acl...but have managed to do just fine. every now and then something sh*tty happens and i twist the hell out of my knee, but if you workout enough then it's not that big of a deal. plus i'm sure you'll just get recon surgery anyway.

BobbyFresco
06-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Surgery, rehab, move on......Surgery is a must.....pain before, during, and after is a given....

Crazy Asian
06-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Imagine if you shattered the knee too...ouch....

Seymour222
06-20-2008, 09:29 AM
It sucked.

DieselNuts
06-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I dislocated my kneecap and then tore my ACL a few years later. The ACL was a cake walk compared to the dislocation. 2 surgeries in 11months. Kneecap re-alignment took about 8 months to fully recover but the ACL only took about 2. Ive got a pretty killer scar now though :goodjob:

FasTech
06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Same thing happen to me back in 02. Thats was the worse pain i think anyone
could have. Make sure you have enough pain pills cuz when they wear off
all that moving around comes back. It took me 3 years after surgery to
ever stepback on the court.

Worse pain!....Hah, I passed a 2 kidney stone about 4 months ago and that sh!t is the worse pain a guy can have! I don't care who you are, that will make you cry like a little baby.

Sport1.3
06-20-2008, 11:50 AM
are you over weight?

TheProfiteer
06-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Me overweight? I guess a little, I am 6'0 215lbs, 22% BFC. So I am pretty big kid.

FasTech
06-20-2008, 12:49 PM
are you over weight?

Me over weight? No. Doctor said it was something to do with my Calcium intake, because I drink alot of milk.

TheProfiteer
06-20-2008, 12:51 PM
its only the third day, and I can already put a little bit of pressure on my foot with out screaming in agony.

How bad is the recon surgery for the ACL??

Sport1.3
06-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Me overweight? I guess a little, I am 6'0 215lbs, 22% BFC. So I am pretty big kid.

ehh...thats big, not really overweight though. Hope it heals man

Sport1.3
06-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Me over weight? No. Doctor said it was something to do with my Calcium intake, because I drink alot of milk.

lol no not you. Kidney stones do suck though...**** scares the hell out of me. I drink a crap ton of cranberry juice when i can

JITB
06-20-2008, 01:03 PM
http://www.evidentcrimescene.com/cata/tweeze/scalpels.jpg
http://www.adhesive-duct-tape.com/images/duct-tape.jpg

thats how i fixed mine..

drmz2realiti
06-20-2008, 01:26 PM
This is going to sound stupid, what did it feel like when ur tore ur acl?

Kevykev
06-20-2008, 01:30 PM
The term "ACL" to me, always sounded like something a robot or android should have not a human.

Heal up quick man!

DieselNuts
06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
its only the third day, and I can already put a little bit of pressure on my foot with out screaming in agony.

How bad is the recon surgery for the ACL??
My ACL recovery was a breeze compaired to my kneecap realignment. They want you to start moving your leg right away. The best advice I can give you is keep going to Physical Theropy. I have had multiple friends that got sick of it and quit going and now they dont have full movement in their leg. I, on the other hand, can pull my foot up to my ass with no problems, just a little stretch in the knee.

Also, see if you can get a walker for when you have to take a shower. I put it in my shower and folded one side out and it made life SOOOOOOOOOOO much easier.

TheProfiteer
06-20-2008, 01:59 PM
This is going to sound stupid, what did it feel like when ur tore ur acl?

It felt like my knee had just fallen off my leg, and I also heard three pops pulsate through my body.

It was scary as hell, but not exactly all too painful, mostly due to the shock. For a second there I thought I broke or dislocated my knee.

TheProfiteer
06-20-2008, 02:00 PM
My ACL recovery was a breeze compaired to my kneecap realignment. They want you to start moving your leg right away. The best advice I can give you is keep going to Physical Theropy. I have had multiple friends that got sick of it and quit going and now they dont have full movement in their leg. I, on the other hand, can pull my foot up to my ass with no problems, just a little stretch in the knee.

Also, see if you can get a walker for when you have to take a shower. I put it in my shower and folded one side out and it made life SOOOOOOOOOOO much easier.

lol I got it good for the shower part, my girl comes over, helps me in, and then proceeds to wash me. :goodjob: Thats the **** right there man.

drmz2realiti
06-20-2008, 02:06 PM
i've dislocated my knee 6 times had surgry on it when i was 15 now i'll just be walking and my knee will give out and if i bend it the wrong way i feel something in the back of my knee pop does that sound good?

buddha@TeamFX
06-20-2008, 04:54 PM
I dislocated my knee back in 03 and it was the worst pain ever...tore everything in there and its never grew back. They wanted me to do a whole bunch of rehab and I wouldn't now its horrible I've been working out trying to get back in shape and it hurts constantly...I've never tore a acl but if its anything like that I can imagine how bad it is!...