PDA

View Full Version : Misc DBZ: Burst Limit

ironchef
06-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Anyone else get the game? Just finished the final fight in story mode. That was a lot of fun. Great game imo, very nice fluid mix between fighting and cut scenes, and the way fights are set up to advance the story. Graphics are awesome, and the gameplay is pretty dope.

D.Choe
06-18-2008, 06:11 PM
o rly?

I downloaded the demo and the first fight is so badass

POWER LVL 9000??!!

so you wanna sell your copy? lol

TonyRSX
06-18-2008, 06:18 PM
where can u DL it at?

JITB
06-18-2008, 07:27 PM
where can u DL it at?

Xbox live dashboard, prob on Ps3 network also..

ironchef
06-18-2008, 10:19 PM
o rly?

I downloaded the demo and the first fight is so badass

POWER LVL 9000??!!

so you wanna sell your copy? lol$55 :D. Includes DBZ movie "The Dead Zone" on Blu Ray, which obviously means this is the PS3 edition. $10 over the regular price.

Mik2006
06-18-2008, 10:26 PM
ARGH i want this game so bad. but i cant wait for the next ones.

ironchef
06-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Buy mine :D. Its really fun, theres online play also.

Ran
06-19-2008, 08:57 AM
DBZ games have really been hit and miss. Especially with the "Budokai" series just rehashing a lot of the same crap up over and over again. I may check out Burst Limit to see if it's any good.

ironchef
06-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Last DBZ game I played was Budokai Tenkachi 3 (sp?), and I find this game to be more fun and exciting. You don't have to remember crazy ass combos, its more simplified sort of on the level of Super Smash Brothers. Makes it more fun to just pick up and play.

Ran
06-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Last DBZ game I played was Budokai Tenkachi 3 (sp?), and I find this game to be more fun and exciting. You don't have to remember crazy ass combos, its more simplified sort of on the level of Super Smash Brothers. Makes it more fun to just pick up and play.So they've essentially made it a retarded button masher for mass-marketing to 6yr olds?

ironchef
06-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Not necessarily a button masher. But the same controls essentially work for everyone. You don't have to do up, down, left, right, square, triangle, x, circle to pull off a move. Its simplified, lets you focus more on the fight instead of worrying which buttons to press. Button mashing doesn't do you terrible a lot of good anyway, theres a good defense and counter system.

Ran
06-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Bought it used, played it for a day, then took it back.

I just wasn't a fan. The moves are too easily executed, the timing for dodging is mediocre at best, and combos are panned out for you. The game itself is far too simple for me.

Turbo Terrance
06-27-2008, 03:36 PM
DBZ games have really been hit and miss. Especially with the "Budokai" series just rehashing a lot of the same crap up over and over again. I may check out Burst Limit to see if it's any good.

yep i owned them(1-3) all and then traded in... plus my ps2 to get xbox again......

Paree4g63
06-27-2008, 05:59 PM
I've been a dragon ball/z/gt fan from when I was little. Best game series of all is tenkaichi..that's the technology we should be seeing ONLY. It's just like the ANIME! Controls are real simple; if you can't grasp the aspect of the battle system, you probably suck in a street fighter battle system. Can't wait to see a tenkaichi series on ps3. I wonder what it'll be like 10 years from now..