PDA

View Full Version : debating...someone talk me out of it...

B_Hoov
06-18-2008, 12:54 PM
so my car is about 80% of the way done, got my JDM h22 fully built, broke in, and it's actually in my 90 4 door ef, i have done a wire tuck on both chassis and engine, im almost done with my turbo manifold that i have 1200$ wrapped up just in parts, i need the following to be 100% done and on my way to the dyno.

DA spindles (picking up saturday)
harness modified
odb0-obd1 jumper
axles from raxles.com
hondata s300 w boost solenoid
starter and housing
-12 line for catch can on VC
intercooler
seats installed
5 point harness's installed
10 gallon fuel cell

things i own that need to be installed

6an line to and from tank with all fittings
weld up golden eagle intake mani from being chopped to fit
holley fuel pump
stage 5 competition clutch, sprung 4 puck with hd PP
adapters for cable to hydro trans

everything else is done but if you look at my list of things to be done...well of all the things listed were still talking 2-3k not including tuning which would be in the 800-1000$ range, my problem is my first child is on the way due in late aug early sept...my goal was to have this thing done by the time he arrived, and it's not looking good! i still dont have it back home from the shop! and im certainly not going to get that kind of money that quick enough to finish, so the way i see it is i should not spend any more money trying to get this thing done because under the current circumstances and deadline it cannot be done with my budget and time frame, im seriously debating parting this thing out...just wondering what everyone thinks at this point, i could keep it and slowly do it but between work and a newborn and a house to take care of...i just dont see it happening. :no: :no: :no:

bigdare23
06-18-2008, 12:59 PM
baby>car

B_Hoov
06-18-2008, 01:37 PM
i agree

Scotsman
06-18-2008, 03:58 PM
baby>car:yes:

slow_hatch
06-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Well I see what your saying, but.....Keep it. Your pretty close, so just let it sit to the side and work on it when you get the chance. It may not be for a while, but beats starting from scratch again.

Scotsman
06-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Well I see what your saying, but.....Keep it. Your pretty close, so just let it sit to the side and work on it when you get the chance. It may not be for a while, but beats starting from scratch again.also a valid point

Revmaynard
06-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Hell, if anything keep it and finish it later down the road. If it were possible to get the parts you need I'm sure some of the squad wouldn't mind a wrench meet. :)

AnTi-PooN
06-18-2008, 09:06 PM
^^^true dat

N/A EK
06-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Hell, if anything keep it and finish it later down the road. If it were possible to get the parts you need I'm sure some of the squad wouldn't mind a wrench meet. :)

x 2 :goodjob:

LIKEG6
06-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Well I see what your saying, but.....Keep it. Your pretty close, so just let it sit to the side and work on it when you get the chance. It may not be for a while, but beats starting from scratch again.

x3

sakasaku
06-19-2008, 03:33 AM

i would be more they happy to give a deal on parts u need for hatch and four door:goodjob::goodjob: and wrench on it to!!!!!!!

00CelicaGT
06-19-2008, 07:39 AM
UR SON IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR RIGHT NOW, IF UR HURTING FOR MONEY THEN I WOULD GO AHEAD AND PART IT OUT CUZ BABIES ARE EXPENSIVE AS HELL. I KNOW I USED TO WORK AT BABIES R US. BUT AT THE SAME RATE IF UR NOT HURTING FOR MONEY THEN I WOULD KEEP THE CAR AND WAIT TILL U HAVE THE TIME AND MONEY TO WORK ON IT. BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION

KevinT707
06-20-2008, 12:13 PM
I would say don't start from scratch and just leave it on the side and work/put money into when you can.

southside
06-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Im sure the baby would love hearing vtec once they get about 1

Kalifornia087
06-22-2008, 01:44 PM
You should have listened to me... And bought another Accord! Dammit!

<3
Austin

blaknoize
06-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Well geez what a change scotsman. I'd keep it and finish it when I can down the line. I mean... it can even be a father/son project at some point later (if it sits that long) so just keep it.

B_Hoov
06-23-2008, 08:18 AM
well guys, i have began parting it out, but on the bright side of things they guy buying the entire set-up had a longblock i got from him, just knocked some cash off the bill, here is what im working with now.

D16y7
ceramic coated CP pistons
scat H beam rods
ARP rod bolts
blockguard
ARP head studs
ACL race bearings

going to finish it up with a ported polished fully built head, cam gear, and i already have a ZEX direct port kit im throwing on it, looking for 140-150na and 300ish on spray. however once i get everything ready i can only have the car down for the weekend, friday night i will pull the motor and all the junk i dont need, saturday wiring harness goes in, fuel pump, motor mounts replaced, saturday evening motor goes in, wired up, plumbed up, you get the idea, sunday getting everything double checked and tucked away, monday to see ED the dyno, i plan on hosting a cookout and what not on that day in case i need some extra hands/knowledge...no matter how much you know...someone else always knows how to do it faster or better.

00CelicaGT
06-23-2008, 12:57 PM
well im glad u didnt give up on it completly, but i would have loved to see that 4 door beasting on everything in the streets

B_Hoov
06-23-2008, 11:22 PM
well im glad u didnt give up on it completly, but i would have loved to see that 4 door beasting on everything in the streets

me too, i'll get another one or do what i was going to do originally which is get that motor in a CVCC, did some research and i think the ONLY one that has an H swap is a full show car that can't even steer because they used stock steering set-up rather than replacing the PS pump with a hydraulic ram style set-up like on huge lifted jeeps etc...imagine seeing a cvcc on the highway then woooooooooooooooooooooooosh and two ghost tracks off the tires... :bump:

Revmaynard
06-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Badass! It's a better compromise than giving everything up. I can't wait for you to get that car rolling!

What's going on at Kinetic?

Clegger
06-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Just look at it this way, you can use that sweet whip to drive to your previously owned house and visit your baby and girl after she leaves you

Revmaynard
06-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Just look at it this way, you can use that sweet whip to drive to your previously owned house and visit your baby and girl after she leaves you

Wtf dude?

B_Hoov
06-24-2008, 08:09 AM
damn man... you must not know either one of us, which would make you ignorant among other things right off the bat to say something like that and not have any idea wtf your talking about, hell i think you might even be jealous.

my buddy comes back from the koni challenge in mid ohio today so i will talk to him when he comes to drink my beer.

Revmaynard
06-24-2008, 08:33 AM
damn man... you must not know either one of us, which would make you ignorant among other things right off the bat to say something like that and not have any idea wtf your talking about, hell i think you might even be jealous.

my buddy comes back from the koni challenge in mid ohio today so i will talk to him when he comes to drink my beer.

:D:D:D:D:D Awesome. I'll hit you up on here after I get off work tonight and see how it went. Sorry, I'm impatient, the anticipation is killing me!!!

mushroom_toy
06-24-2008, 10:39 AM
well guys, i have began parting it out, but on the bright side of things they guy buying the entire set-up had a longblock i got from him, just knocked some cash off the bill, here is what im working with now.

D16y7
ceramic coated CP pistons
scat H beam rods
ARP rod bolts
blockguard
ARP head studs
ACL race bearings

going to finish it up with a ported polished fully built head, cam gear, and i already have a ZEX direct port kit im throwing on it, looking for 140-150na and 300ish on spray. however once i get everything ready i can only have the car down for the weekend, friday night i will pull the motor and all the junk i dont need, saturday wiring harness goes in, fuel pump, motor mounts replaced, saturday evening motor goes in, wired up, plumbed up, you get the idea, sunday getting everything double checked and tucked away, monday to see ED the dyno, i plan on hosting a cookout and what not on that day in case i need some extra hands/knowledge...no matter how much you know...someone else always knows how to do it faster or better.

You poonapple, dont have a cookout, come to our accord meet Sunday at the V.

DieselNuts
06-24-2008, 10:45 AM
TOOK THE WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH.

Kalifornia087
06-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Glad to hear she's going to at least get finished up. 150whp with the suspension and such will still make that car lots of fun.

Now you just need my 14s for grip.

B_Hoov
06-24-2008, 01:32 PM
bought the 14's, and i think everyone is mis understanding, the ia member who bought the motor also bought the car, has a sprayed na h22 he's dropping in it and throwing my built boosted one in his EG, this motor i am working on will be going into my slammed hatch

00CelicaGT
06-24-2008, 01:44 PM
at least the hatch will get so loving now lol.

B_Hoov
06-24-2008, 03:39 PM
thats right!

blaknoize
06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
LOL my bad. I was talkin completely to the wrong person. I didnt kno this was UR thread JX. I coulda swore it was Scotsman's lol. But still my message stands. I'd keep it and just let it sit till its done. I'd be damn'd if I'ma give up on somethin like that after all that time and effort and watch some ricer get ahold of it and finish it then destroy it in 4days.

B_Hoov
06-24-2008, 05:26 PM
the new owner will take good care of it and have it done in no time, keep your eyes peeled...

Revmaynard
06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Got any good news for me? lol

B_Hoov
06-24-2008, 09:45 PM
not yet my man, he was a no show today, went home and straight to bed for work again tomorrow, i will be stopping by there to drop off my head with there machine shop so i will know then

B_Hoov
06-24-2008, 09:47 PM
You poonapple, dont have a cookout, come to our accord meet Sunday at the V.

can't man got a friend coming back form germany for two weeks

slow_hatch
06-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Good talking to ya today, maybe next time i'll be able to swing by the shop and take a look at that bar. :goodjob:

mushroom_toy
06-26-2008, 01:46 AM
can't man got a friend coming back form germany for two weeks

:thinking:Well if theyre coming back for 2 weeks, then bring em along.

Revmaynard
06-26-2008, 01:52 AM
Yo, you think there will be any chance of these before next Friday? I wanted to get to install them before the mountain run.

B_Hoov
06-28-2008, 06:59 PM
sorry, haven't checked the thread in quite a while, he should be bringing them home today

Revmaynard
06-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Awesome! Just let me know and we can plan meeting up!