PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Wheres the LOVE!

JITB
06-17-2008, 05:05 PM
For the fellow "tuner" (i hate that word but i had to use it). I always see bikers show respect for each other regardless of what they are riding be a big hog, a crotch rocket etc. Hot rod/Muscle car guys always friendly and cool with each other.. But for the tuner crowd its almost like a bunch of girls always lookin for something bad to say about someones car. I mean i might see a modified car, and im lookin at his car like looks nice... And than i get the "what the **** u lookin at" from paul walker in the drivers seat. i dont even approach guys that with modded cars as much anymore. And you go to a car meet its like the cafeteria back in high school...lol. Whats the deal?

csmiths
06-17-2008, 11:30 PM
lol at the paul walker statement. but yea i know what you are saying. if the person has a nice car and looks like a hardass ill just start it with i like the car, then see how it goes from there. its happened to me a few times, when randoms want to come shoot the **** about cars, and i think its cool when it happens, so i try to do the same. but yea alot of ppl have egos that are lame, bc some think that their car is the ****, and some think that yours is ****. kinda lame but we all do it to an extent.

Nemesis
06-18-2008, 07:18 AM
For the fellow "tuner" (i hate that word but i had to use it). I always see bikers show respect for each other regardless of what they are riding be a big hog, a crotch rocket etc. Hot rod/Muscle car guys always friendly and cool with each other.. But for the tuner crowd its almost like a bunch of girls always lookin for something bad to say about someones car. I mean i might see a modified car, and im lookin at his car like looks nice... And than i get the "what the **** u lookin at" from paul walker in the drivers seat. i dont even approach guys that with modded cars as much anymore. And you go to a car meet its like the cafeteria back in high school...lol. Whats the deal?

Because Import drivers seem to have something to prove. Naturally Muscle cars are respected for the most part, note that I didnt say "liked" but are respected. Imports drivers seem to be younger for the most part as well. I mean look around, what do you see? Rarely do you see an older guy putting around in an obnoxious "Civic". When you get older and mature your tastes change in cars.

BKgen®
06-18-2008, 07:24 AM
try driving a Hyundai.

I mean look around, what do you see? Rarely do you see an older guy putting around in an obnoxious "Civic". When you get older and mature your tastes change in cars.

i agree 100%

slostang
06-18-2008, 07:30 AM

x2 its kinda bs. if I see a fellow "tuner" approching in traffic I always try to give the friendly wave that all the motorcyclist do.

Motivation
06-18-2008, 10:35 AM
x2, but if I see a hot rod or old muscle car, or any thing on the road that looks nice or has had some time into it then I'll give them a wave, nod, or whatever else. even tell them they have a nice car.

It's not just imports though... Look at a lot of the hot rod car shows... Most of the ppl stay with chevy if they are a chevy person, ford with ford, and mopar with mopar. I think that the seperation in them is starting to die down some though.

OneSlow5pt0
06-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Because Import drivers seem to have something to prove. Naturally Muscle cars are respected for the most part, note that I didnt say "liked" but are respected. Imports drivers seem to be younger for the most part as well. I mean look around, what do you see? Rarely do you see an older guy putting around in an obnoxious "Civic". When you get older and mature your tastes change in cars.

agreed,i still love the "eat sh*t and die" look i get at stop lights from ricers when im in my car

stillaneon
06-18-2008, 12:27 PM

Look at affordability also.

Hw many teenagers can afford the price tag a muscle car has??

blackshine007
06-19-2008, 11:00 AM
try driving a Hyundai.

i agree 100%Try driving a Mazda 626 let's see who gets more grief....

Motivation
06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Geo metro ftw :ninja:

Killer
06-19-2008, 04:01 PM
i'm new to the bike scene.... and i'm with ya'll i see bikers waive to eachother all the time...

yet the few times i've stuck an arm out there i get nothing back :(

i've wondered the same thing though... why don't tuners throw a waive out there..

MINI
06-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Everyone needs to chill the **** out.

Everyone is a little hostile now that you mention it.

Revmaynard
06-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Because as far as tuners go, people buy cars with ''mods'' and know nothing of it. You can't tell who is a ''real'' tuner now days. I've seen a girl driving a Civic with some Work wheels or knock offs and a fart can everyday. I know her from high school and she is the least bit interested in cars.

CARBON GST
06-19-2008, 09:46 PM
F**k it.... I always waive at anyone who looks like they've got some work done to their car/bike. If they don't waive back.... meh.

slostang
06-20-2008, 09:14 AM
i'm new to the bike scene.... and i'm with ya'll i see bikers waive to eachother all the time...

yet the few times i've stuck an arm out there i get nothing back :(

i've wondered the same thing though... why don't tuners throw a waive out there..

i do...

Kevykev
06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't think there's any love in the "Tuner Field"

If someone waves at you you might say "wtf is his problem, do I know him"

Nerdsrock22
06-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Everyone needs to chill the **** out.

:yes:

Try giving thumbs up to fellow Fit drivers and realizing its a 45 year old dorky woman who thinks you are going to rape her.

BobbyFresco
06-20-2008, 04:44 PM
IMO, for the most part it comes down to age. Older car guys or those that have been around the "scene" for awhile are more likely to be friendly and engage in convo.
It's funny bec there's another thread on this site bashing a certain German car but I can't count the amount of times that I got the thumbs up or questions, conversation or " Hey, that's a nice car" from Corvette, Porsche, and hot rod drivers....

OneSlow5pt0
06-20-2008, 05:29 PM
3 f-body owners waved at me today,and that was only on a 20 min drive

MINI
06-20-2008, 11:53 PM
:yes:

Try giving thumbs up to fellow Fit drivers and realizing its a 45 year old dorky woman who thinks you are going to rape her.

hahaha

it happens :dunno:

Nerdsrock22
06-21-2008, 12:14 AM
I saw like 5 Fits tonight downtown. Nobody waved back. :boohoo:

1SOL2NV
06-21-2008, 10:00 PM
the older people in society have messed with the "Muscle Cars and hot Rods " when they were our age . going back to wut THEY KNOW . I guarantee when our kids grow up there gonna wonder why the hell are we still obsessed with honda's and such .. my love for my car will never die . or my taste to change. del sol ftmfw no matter how slow it really is . ive only messed with honda's ... dont know much about hot rods or muscle cars . but my mom and dad were HARDCORE racing finatics .. my mom was the first women to Drag race at JACKSON SPEEDWAY in north augusta sc with her 9.8 1/4 67 chevelle SS ( street legal class)back then .... but i have no clue about them cars .. so why would i want to own a muscle car or any car that i have no intelligence about ?? well i made my point .. tuners FTMFW ! .

EJ25RUN
06-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Here's what i don't get.

I think that allot of people in out tuner scene have grown a brain and started respecting cars no matter where the are from. Like Vettes, Civics, Euros, you know if its clean, your likely to like it.

I feel like it isn't the same way for bikes. Too many people drop a Harley just cause A. it is American or B. it is not a sport bike.

I have to say, my favorite bike is a cbr600rr but a V-rod is a close second. Amazing machine.

Barefoot
06-21-2008, 11:51 PM
thats 1 reason i dont drive 1 anymore. tired of getting mean mugged by every other person driving a honda. now i get mean mugged by every redneck driving a truck.

redrumracer
07-12-2008, 08:13 PM
yea ive meet some people like this. normally if anybody aske about my car im willing to talk to them about it. except for shady looking/acting mofos

Humphrizzle
07-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I wave at blue 99-00 Honda Civic Si owners...

most of them are losers

Humphrizzle
07-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I hope i'm never considered a "tuner"

IMPORTchic
07-16-2008, 11:28 AM
I have to say..... Its true that mainly all the bikers do that. I use to ride all the time with people. And its true that the majority of the "ricers" give the eat **** loook. Not all though! AND.....I do try and give other ludes or NICER cars and wave! With me being a chic though they try to damn make me pull over or something and attempt to get my number....blah....

Homer Simpson
07-16-2008, 11:45 AM
i get alot of "waves" and stuff from other s2000 owners. Was driving to griffin the other day and another ap2 flashed his high beams and waved...

and, I got a big freakin gmc truck speed next to me, and the douche bag passenger stuck his head out the window to look at me, and the driver revved up his loud motor. I ain't gonna lie, I jumped alittle and the driver laughed at me, what a douche.

IMPORTchic
07-16-2008, 11:54 AM
haha too funny!