PDA

View Full Version : 90 Civic Trouble - Starting Trouble

Ran
06-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm about sick of this f*cking car. I've replaced the fuel filter, ignition wires, battery ground, and the ignition switch but this car is still having trouble starting. When it gets going, it's fine. Jumping it off works sometimes and, for a while, holding down the gas while cranking it would work. Now it's just being gay and I'm about ready to burn it.

Can anyone help?

AnTi-PooN
06-17-2008, 11:39 AM
what exactly happens

Sammich
06-17-2008, 11:45 AM
yea...explanation...from the sounds...still sounds like battery connection. easiest thing to fix, but usually the most tedious

frostbyte
06-17-2008, 11:47 AM
or fuel pump or relay

Ran
06-17-2008, 12:01 PM
what exactly happensTurn the key, it makes that "woom woom woom" sound then starts to die out. I can't help but think it's something electrical. Still, the alternator, ignition switch, ground, and battery are all good. The distributor is clean as well. :(

Sammich
06-17-2008, 12:02 PM
u dont ever lose power at all right? lights dont get dim or go out inside?

Ran
06-17-2008, 12:07 PM
u dont ever lose power at all right? lights dont get dim or go out inside?Nope. Once it's cranked up it runs like a champ.

Sammich
06-17-2008, 12:11 PM
fuel pump and new battery...

Ran
06-17-2008, 12:13 PM
fuel pump and new battery...Fuel pump? You really think so?

Battery cell is good.

AnTi-PooN
06-17-2008, 12:22 PM
dizzy leaking?

frostbyte
06-17-2008, 12:30 PM
is the fuel pump hum when it turned to on position... how much gas is in it....
lol my accord had trash (alot) in the tank, if it got to a 1/4 tank of gas soon as u pressed in clutch it cut off though was eletrical til i dropped the tank and cleaned runs perfect now...
gotta be one of the three essentials
air fuel or fire and if ur gettin spark an air gotta be fuel... lol or ecu

Ran
06-17-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm taking it over to a buddies place tonight to check the pump and make sure th engine is getting enough spark. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Here's hoping we can source the problem.

Sammich
06-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Fuel pump? You really think so?

Battery cell is good.

i do...sometimes when the fuel pump is gone it takes a while to crank...and when u said it dies down, itt sounds like its draining your battery

have u tried beating on the gas tank w/ a rubber mallet when it does wat it does?

Ran
06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
have u tried beating on the gas tank w/ a rubber mallet when it does wat it does?No, I can't say that ever came to mind. lol

Sammich
06-17-2008, 01:24 PM
lol try it when it does it again...vibration of the hit will usually trigger/vibrate the fuel pump to work and it will usually crank right up unless the pump is completely shot

frostbyte
06-17-2008, 03:32 PM
booflmmfao.... then if it dont drop kick it in the forehead with a broken cheetoe

green91
06-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Sounds like the main relay. Gotta love all these people giving input when they don't know WTF they are talking about. The relay is behind the dash kinda behind the flip-down change holder. Sometimes you're able to tap on the relay and the car will start. Its usually more predominant when its hot outside. The fuel pump will not work when the relay is acting up.

dirk-diggler
06-17-2008, 07:18 PM
sounds like it could be the temp sensor in the side of the head , it will cause it to do this , hard to start but then run fine.

Scotsman
06-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Sounds like the main relay. Gotta love all these people giving input when they don't know WTF they are talking about. The relay is behind the dash kinda behind the flip-down change holder. Sometimes you're able to tap on the relay and the car will start. Its usually more predominant when its hot outside. The fuel pump will not work when the relay is acting up.lol , you caught the "90" civic part too huh? EF's are notorious for the main relay goin out , seriously Ran , try changin that , it would be the first thing i would check , pm smokeyJ he has quite a few good ones at his house

green91
06-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Yea these people who are responding have no clues about common problems with this chassis.

Scotsman
06-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Yea these people who are responding have no clues about common problems with this chassis.:lmfao:troof , i've had enough EF's , to know the nightmares they always have ,lol

03RCode
06-17-2008, 10:01 PM
I may have a spare main relay your welcome to if I can find it. I'll look in the AM and post as soon as I can.

Sammich
06-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Sounds like the main relay. Gotta love all these people giving input when they don't know WTF they are talking about. The relay is behind the dash kinda behind the flip-down change holder. Sometimes you're able to tap on the relay and the car will start. Its usually more predominant when its hot outside. The fuel pump will not work when the relay is acting up.

u...stfu, i'm giving the small amount of knowledge of what i know about cars to help him solve his problem...not to mention u just mentioned something that i mentioned about the fuel pump not working smart guy, gtfo

Ran
06-18-2008, 08:05 AM
My buddy had an extra fuel pressure regulator so we swapped that out last night. Car cranked right up so I'm hoping that it.

I'll keep the main relay in mind and post up here if it gives me any trouble in the next couple of days. Thanks guys! :cheers:

frostbyte
06-18-2008, 08:06 AM
lol even i said it sounds like the fuel pump or relay u dusch bag...

Sammich
06-18-2008, 08:10 AM
My buddy had an extra fuel pressure regulator so we swapped that out last night. Car cranked right up so I'm hoping that it.

I'll keep the main relay in mind and post up here if it gives me any trouble in the next couple of days. Thanks guys! :cheers:

sounds good man...i hope that solves it:goodjob:

green91
06-18-2008, 06:26 PM
u...stfu, i'm giving the small amount of knowledge of what i know about cars to help him solve his problem...not to mention u just mentioned something that i mentioned about the fuel pump not working smart guy, gtfo

ok so tell him its a fuel pump, he goes through the trouble of REMOVING the gas tank and replacing it, several hours and $100. still wont start. good job.

frostbyte
06-18-2008, 06:47 PM
slaps forhead no ecotech @ss said check fuel pump to see if it hums if not common sense says is there a fuse of relay for that let me see.... then if theyre good u proceed... smmfh

green91
06-18-2008, 06:49 PM
wtf are you trying to say? your english is very poor