08-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Event Filmed for TV - NOPI Tunervision on Speed

Wed @ 8pm-11pm-2am EST & Sat @ 6pm

The event will be filmed for two episodes of
NOPI TUNERVISION to be aired at least
4 times on the Speed channel.

2turbo4u
09-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Like I said before why their no drag racing like the other Nopi events? Nopi is in our hometown and we get cheated out of all the action. We all been to car shows (HINS)and what not, why not real event w/the big dawgs runinning? Instead they would be their w/their cars under a tent showing us a car w/a chic next to it all day!

Trey
09-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Where do you suggest they "DRAG RACE" at AMS safely?

I think the burnout contest should be taken to the next level,, have an open area(like last years drift) and let people do what they want "FREESTYLE". My AWD donuts are awesome but I don't have a safe place to do it. Let the crowd choose the winner via cheers.

It would be alot of fun.

HiPSI
09-05-2005, 11:44 AM
nopi nationals is and has always been a CAR SHOW, not an NDRA race.

2turbo4u
09-05-2005, 02:32 PM
I understand what the nationals is. What I saying they produce a show that travels across the country that have pretty much what the national have, but it also have drag racing. All I'm saying that we need a big drag event held at Commerce a NHRA sponsored track, not a event put on by the locals w/maybe 100 cars if that many. The only big name racer is Darrel Cox who comes down rep. Dodge. Ask yourself when was the last time you seen Steph, Bullish,Titan,L.Kubo and other race in person? How many miles did you have to travel to see this event? Nopi can a drag racing event in Ga. besides the nationals. The nationals is just one big car show where some of these same names show up to help their sponsors, but I think the locals would like to see in person what 7,8,9 sec. import/compact look like going down the track in the flesh not waiting to see what happened on t.v. a some track acrossed the country a few weeks or months later.

P.S.
I 'm from NYC where we have Englishtown and Atco in N.J and these big boys are their all the time.I also been on the S.S. tour and it was fun, but when we got down here we got bored because it was no drag racing involved in the nationals. :gay:

quickdodgeŽ
09-05-2005, 03:02 PM
it was fun, but when we got down here we got bored because it was no drag racing involved in the nationals. :gay:

Then, instead of crying on the Internet about it, don't go. I'm sure Meyers isn't making people go to this shindig. I'm not going because I think it's a waste, but I'm certainly not going to cry about why I think it sucks. Later, QD.

HiPSI
09-05-2005, 03:23 PM
I understand what the nationals is. What I saying they produce a show that travels across the country that have pretty much what the national have, but it also have drag racing. All I'm saying that we need a big drag event held at Commerce a NHRA sponsored track, not a event put on by the locals w/maybe 100 cars if that many. The only big name racer is Darrel Cox who comes down rep. Dodge. Ask yourself when was the last time you seen Steph, Bullish,Titan,L.Kubo and other race in person? How many miles did you have to travel to see this event? Nopi can a drag racing event in Ga. besides the nationals. The nationals is just one big car show where some of these same names show up to help their sponsors, but I think the locals would like to see in person what 7,8,9 sec. import/compact look like going down the track in the flesh not waiting to see what happened on t.v. a some track acrossed the country a few weeks or months later.

none of the local dragstrips are big enough to hold nationals due to the sheer number of cars that sign up and spectators that show up. AMS is not a dragstrip, but it is a rather large motorsports venue that can cater to this number of people. again, NDRA and Nopi Nats are two separate events. just because the same company organizes doesn't mean they are together. if you want an NDRA event, go to an NDRA event. if you want a bigass car show, go to Nopi Nats.

how about we start another thread with everyone's questions about why they don't have this or that at the nationals?

quickdodgeŽ
09-05-2005, 03:25 PM
I never understood why they never had rollerhockey. Later, QD.

Brett
09-05-2005, 05:06 PM
... or ice skating

Julio
09-05-2005, 08:52 PM

P.S.
I 'm from NYC where we have Englishtown and Atco in N.J and these big boys are their all the time.I also been on the S.S. tour and it was fun, but when we got down here we got bored because it was no drag racing involved in the nationals. :gay:

Don't know if I should laugh at this or what......

You sound like an R.Kelly groupie. :blah:

Why don't you go out and put any kind of event? I would defenitly like to see that... :jerkit:

Vteckidd
09-06-2005, 11:42 AM
NOPI NATIONALS HAS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A CAR SHOW. PERIOD

thats all it is is a big ricer fest car show. they dont have racing because its not a NDRA event. Nopi Nationals is a completely seperate company from Nopi Parts.

The Regular NDRA schedule is where Drag Racing takes place. The NDRA CAME AFTER Nopi Nationals car show was going on, so i dont et your arguement about how we are "being cheated". it never had drag racing.

NDRA is a seperate entity from the car show.

2turbo4u
09-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I understand what the nationals is guys, what I am saying is how NOPI sponsors a NDRA event all over the country why can't they sponsor one here in ATL. We have two tracks at least in the state one of them is a NHRA track so let's get the big boys down here and let them run. The event doesn't even have to be on the same weekend of the national just another one on their schedule. Sorry I pissed some of you off, I just wanted to know! :rolleyes:

NOPIGUY
09-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Rollerhockey ????

We are not allowed to have an event in Commerce because the track owners prohibit us from doing anything any chance they can. Another sanctioning body owns that track so we cannot go there. We've had races in Georgia (Reynolds) but there is not enough pavement for the pits to get the pro teams to go there. Next year we're looking into the Valdosta track. Still would be a ways from the ATL. Believe me, we would race in Atlanta if we could.

NOPIMAN

Trey
09-07-2005, 07:18 PM
$$$$ solves everything. :P

bottlefed
09-09-2005, 09:44 PM
N.O.P.I

Not one part instock

Unless its a wing or rice lights.